Aragorn...fixable...where's my dremel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
darth dyp**** said:
I'm glad you aren't in the public relations business JL..:rolleyes: ...because part of dealing with the public...is LISTENING to them...And while I know your opinion is that the SS 12' Aragorn ROCKS....I would say about 7/10 on this board, including me say it could be BETTER....Just constructive criticism..It's up to SS whether they want to listen or not..:peace

Well, I've never minded constructive criticism. However, a lot of what I've been reading is the figure is garbage or other wonderful tips to make it better like that. :rolleyes: I haven't totally disagreed with the people that have said the face could be better. Because I feel the face could be better but I'm not willing to call it garbage like others have(not all mind you). That's who I'm talking to.

darth dyp**** said:
It would be interesting to know...If SS said.."We don't give a S--T, what the majority of you think...that's what we're putting out, like it or lump it.."..

Would that attitude P-SS you off??? It kinda would to me.

Yes, It would p-ss me off.

Darth Rage said:
As it stands now I don't like it and I won't be buying it.

fantastic :)

jlcmsu said:
Well, I've never minded constructive criticism. However, a lot of what I've been reading is the figure is garbage or other wonderful tips to make it better like that. :rolleyes:

But those are two completely opposite sides of the spectrum, it certainly is one thing to call a piece "garbage," but what is wrong with offering advice, or better yet pictures to proactively work towards a better likeness? Chances are quite slim that SS will actually change the product, but I don't see the harm in maturely offering suggestions as to how to "fix" the likeness problems. :peace

I don't have a problem with people offering ways the think it should be changed if they so feel that way. It's all about how you say or show it that I think makes the real difference.

jlcmsu said:
I don't have a problem with people offering ways the think it should be changed if they so feel that way. It's all about how you say or show it that I think makes the real difference.

I think most people have been fair/constructive...Just look at Daeliths rendition....I know photoshoping is easier...but, It's just people trying to make what they "might" buy, better in their eyes/heart...Is that so bad???

LOTRFan said:
but I don't see the harm in maturely offering suggestions as to how to "fix" the likeness problems. :peace

That is why I posted what I did. We are so spoiled by SS to have such a great amount of amazing sculpts, expectations are so high. :banana

darth dyp**** said:
I think most people have been fair/constructive...Just look at Daeliths rendition....I know photoshoping is easier...but, It's just people trying to make what they "might" buy, better in their eyes/heart...Is that so bad???

I'd disagree that most have been fair/constructive but that's my opinion. Which really isn't worth diddly. I really have no problem with suggestions on how to make it better for that person.

LOTRFan said:
That is why I posted what I did. We are so spoiled by SS to have such a great amount of amazing sculpts, expectations are so high. :banana

Wow, a self quotation. That's a first!:google

Seriously, I think the likeness in daelith's photoshopped pic is significantly better.

elwood49 said:
Wow, a self quotation. That's a first!:google

LOL, my "self quotation" was in reponse to Josh's comment about how things should be spoken about, earlier I had specifically used the term "maturely." :peace

I don't think it is the first time someone has quoted themself either ... :wacky

Man...I'm laughing my ass off at that avatar. If there were ever a time this forum needs to be moderated, it would be now...but there might actually not much to...um..moderate =/

tomandshell said:
Check out the new X-Men 3 "Beast" maquette and you will see this beautiful "piece" in its proper context.

My eyes ... they burn! :google :horror

I was in the neighborhood, wow quite a shot! :eek:

Back