Apatosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For comparison purposes, the Rex maquette only came out a year ago, and already is getting twice its MSRP on eBay. If any other Dinosauria statues follow suit, that would be a good sign for collectors.

True, I hadn't checked recently to see what they were going for as I have no current plans to sell for awhile..lol

I recall we were talking about these pieces a investments before..sounds like you have changed your mind and think they will do better now ?

I think it depends on the pieces. I mean, can we honestly expect the Deinosuchus to become as valuable as the Rex? I still think it's a good sign, even if it's a bit early to generalize.

P1030952.jpg

P1030955.jpg

Don't mind me..just comparing... heh heh

Now thats a Dino statue!.....something SS will never be able to deliver.

Chris

There is a major price difference, when it comes to this piece and Sideshow's Dinosauria line. Most of us know, and accept the fact that Sideshow can't match this quality. At least not if they're going to continue to produce these in their factories.

I do understand where your coming from. The more kits I have built by actual paleo artists, the more spoiled I get. I still love my Dinosauria pieces, although I do wish their quality was alot better. :dunno

It's all about realistic expectations. Jeremy is right; there is no way that we can expect Sideshow's quality to match something like that for the price they sell their items. Frankly if Sideshow raised their prices and quality it would probably knock me out, I would only be able to get a few. I'd rather be able to afford it than not. Plus, I honestly think Sideshow's Dinosauria pieces are great and I really don't see the flaws in them without scrutinizing, searching for them, or having them pointed out.

Which is why you're better off abstaining from the resin models, like I am. I fear I would like them so much, it would be the end of my wallet.

Hey Chris, I thought of you when I saw this logo for the TGM. :lol

tatelogo.jpg

I don't think I have the skill to do models. I built some model cars as a hobby the summer between middle and high school. They looked really crappy. :lol

If I ever have the money I'm getting that baby stego. I doubt I ever will, but its my goal.

Which is why you're better off abstaining from the resin models, like I am. I fear I would like them so much, it would be the end of my wallet.

Hey Chris, I thought of you when I saw this logo for the TGM. :lol

tatelogo.jpg

I am starting to get sorely tempted by the resin models though..I'm thinking I might start with one if I get ahead enough cash-wise. All those new Procons this year are prob gonna slay me though.

Wow..can I get that image on a hat or something ? That's WAY too cool to just be a logo..it needs merchandise ! hehe !

I don't think I have the skill to do models. I built some model cars as a hobby the summer between middle and high school. They looked really crappy. :lol

My skill level isn't great either...I don't have an airbrush so rely on spray paints and dry brushing. Here's some I built and painted :

Jurassic_Park_T_Rex_model_by_Blade_of_the_Moon.jpg

Jurassic_Park_Velociraptor_by_Blade_of_the_Moon.jpg

Jurassic_Park_Spitter_Attacks_by_Blade_of_the_Moon.jpg

Jurassic_Park_Dilophosaurus_2_by_Blade_of_the_Moon.jpg

If I ever have the money I'm getting that baby stego. I doubt I ever will, but its my goal.

Never say never ! My dream is have some HUGE 1/1 theropod in my backyard.. someday I will !

I think it would under or right at 1000.00 to get that Baby Stego built and paint plus the kit and shipping.

Jeremy, if you don't mind, how much was yours again ?

Judging from that nearby trailer and Playskool Ultrasaurus, I'd say those are enormous models! Are they bigger than the Tamiya version?

Those kits you did look great Blade. Trust me, my paint job would look decent if I painted the whole dino one color. Kinda like a toy. Well, actually even the toys usually have some color variation so... :lol

Wow Chris, those are some nice buildups. :clap

The Stegosaurus, plus buildup, came to a little under $750. That was the price, having Steve Riojas do the buildup. I'm not sure what Shane would charge, but it probably wouldn't be that different.

Back