Apatosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you guys like the backstory! I wanted to tailor it more to an ordinary day in the life of an extraordinary animal as opposed to some shocking, traumatic upheaval.

Also, sorry I haven't had much time to be on the boards recently. I'm constantly kept busy with work, night classes, and now I've been asked to serve on a library review board along with a couple other professional organizations which are eating up my free time. That and Sideshow occasionally throws me a bone, or a rather a whole animal, for backstories; I'm kept busy but Sideshow is easily the most pleasant of my responsibilities doing something I love - imbuing these statues with personality and making customers interested in the individual animal. Again very happy that you're all pleased with it! I feel I've been remiss with my Freak family over the past several months. It should go without saying, but feel free to drop me a message or e-mail at any given point in time to stay in touch. I try to check my inbox regularly even if I don't have a lot of time to post lately. :peace :rock

Glad to know your doing well Scar.:wave I've enjoyed both your stories so far, and hope to see more in the future.

For scale reference:

35208_409764714022_99131379022_4629925_4011041_n.jpg

My god that Spino is huge. I need to check and make sure he's gonna fit where I have planned...

Who gets your collection if you meet with an unfortunate accident, Jer? :nana:

This is my staple sauropod until Sideshow's arrives:

krentzapato1.jpg

I think i'll take both. ;)

You did see the price point on that sucker didn't you ? lol I didn't look at size or price until last night...imagine what that sucker costs built and painted..and I would have to get the tail stretched out a bit. ;D

Who gets your collection if you meet with an unfortunate accident, Jer? :nana:

This is my staple sauropod until Sideshow's arrives:

krentzapato1.jpg

It's really nice..I liked Shane's paint up of it... but WAY too small for me. My best sauropod right now is prob the new Carnegie Diplodocus or the Battat Diplo...maybe not accurate but still awesome.

diplodocusambush.jpg

Pretty sweet custom of the same one :
Diplodocus3.jpg

Battat :
DSCN2188.jpg

I seek quality over quantity. But I do wonder if people will compare the Sideshow Apatosaurus to the Battat Diplodocus, since their prices are comparable. In all honesty, the Apatosaurus might be a better investment.

I seek quality over quantity. But I do wonder if people will compare the Sideshow Apatosaurus to the Battat Diplodocus, since their prices are comparable. In all honesty, the Apatosaurus might be a better investment.

I'm rearranging for more quality..one reason I selling off a lot of the older pieces of my collection..which are basically figures and toys...someone said he collected the old though if I recall...lol

I'm not sure which is the better investment..the Battat seems to be at least difficult to find..whereas the Sideshow pieces are fairly easy to acquire now. One is a toy though the other a piece of collectible art...it's hard to say. I used to buy the Franklin Mint stuff..but when I went to sell something I got less than half of what I paid..it had no real re-sale value.

Back