Anyone order from Big Bad Toy Store??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a big box of stuff on Friday and I didn't get charged any sales tax. Most of the stuff in the order just came in within the last two weeks. I also didn't get the e-mail about the tax either. The tax is going to hurt a bit if it is indeed universal.

Not sure what you guys are talking about with this sales tax. I just placed an order and there was no sales tax. I never received an email about it either. I am out of state also. So... not really sure why some are getting charged....

I never received an email from BBTS as well regarding the sales tax. If this is true, they lost about 90 - 95% of my purchases. They're my store because of no taxes and the Pile of Loot system and no penalties on cancelled pre-ordered items.

I didn't see anything from BBTS.com regarding sales tax either... It could be they added some warehouse in certain states, if they did that then yeah those people who live in those states will need to pay sales taxes... That said, States have been going after online stores in regards to sales tax for awhile now, so like I said earlier if it's true then I'm not surprised and even if it's not true it's still just a matter of time before it becomes true... I used to buy everything through Amazon because it was all tax free, but that ended over a year ago as Amazon capitulated to the various states..

They sent an email before the end of the yearcand basically anything not shipped by the first week of January would then have sales tax added on.

So does that mean its already included in the list price or is it something you only see at the checkout screen, same as shipping cost?

I just got a reply from BBTS stating it's a sales tax nexus that started Jan 01. It is presently not all states, just the ones that they have to charge sales tax. Well, I won't be ordering from them anymore. Their prices were basically the same as SS, you would only save money from the shipping cost.

UPDATE: It only affects Wisconsin and Florida only.

I just got a reply from BBTS stating it's a sales tax nexus that started Jan 01. It is presently not all states, just the ones that they have to charge sales tax. Well, I won't be ordering from them anymore. Their prices were basically the same as SS, you would only save money from the shipping cost.

UPDATE: It only affects Wisconsin and Florida only.
Those bastards....had to be Florida

EDIT: I'll still order though when they do good discounts.

I used to buy everything through Amazon because it was all tax free, but that ended over a year ago as Amazon capitulated to the various states..

Me too. I spent so much on them until they started taxing Californian residents. Why did you give in to those greedy lawmakers?

Several reasons to order from them vs. Sideshow. 1) Their shipping is much cheaper. You practically lose any reward points you accumulate with SS because of their shipping costs. 2) You can cancel anytime without fear of a NRD. 3) They double box your items meaning your shipper comes in looking minty fresh. The only reason I would order from SS would be if I was 100% sure about an item I wanted so I could get the points. If its an item I'm considering then I always go through BBTS.

Several reasons to order from them vs. Sideshow. 1) Their shipping is much cheaper. You practically lose any reward points you accumulate with SS because of their shipping costs. 2) You can cancel anytime without fear of a NRD. 3) They double box your items meaning your shipper comes in looking minty fresh. The only reason I would order from SS would be if I was 100% sure about an item I wanted so I could get the points. If its an item I'm considering then I always go through BBTS.
You don't care about exclusives I take it?

Shipping is cheaper for some not all. I only save money if i wait 3 or 4 months and have multiple orders shipped togther. If i order a regular figure and have it shipped it is almost twice as much as SS.

I've ordered from BBTS for over a decade now and absolutely love them. Never had any problems. Honestly, BBTS and Amazon are the only two online sites I order from now. Rarely, if at all, do I order from Sideshow directly anymore.

I agree 100%. Also no taxes plus cheap shipping.

BBTS is doing NRDs

I live in the UK and I'm considering to buy an item from BBTS. The figure is about £200 (with shipping fee). I just want to ask how good the shipping service is (I'm planning to use DHL which said 3-5 days) and whether anyone has encountered any import fees/taxes for those in the EU? Any help is appreciated.

I live in the UK and I'm considering to buy an item from BBTS. The figure is about £200 (with shipping fee). I just want to ask how good the shipping service is (I'm planning to use DHL which said 3-5 days) and whether anyone has encountered any import fees/taxes for those in the EU? Any help is appreciated.

Bear in mind you will pay 20% VAT on the cost of the item and its shipping combined, and generally the Courier company will also charge a fee, for processing the VAT charge on your behalf, with HM Revenue and Customs.. that paperwork fee appears to depend slightly on the value of the item, but is unlikely to be under £10.. this is the reason why figures in the UK, tend to cost the same in Sterling, as the advertised dollar price in the USA.. I tend to only buy figures from abroad, if for some reason I am finding it difficult to source them in the UK.

Back