Anyone got the Rocketeer 2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy said:
Thanks for the info I dident even know he for up for pre order yet.:lol

Billy

I know that for me personally this figure really snuck up on me and came out of left field. I pre-ordered it a few months ago and was shocked to find out its release was imminent. Unfortunately, that means I'll be cancelling it soon. :monkey2

This is one of those figures that I would really love to have, but just can't quite justify picking him up in my mind. I thought the movie was pretty darn good and the Rocketeer is just a really cool looking character... but I guess I just quite have enough of a connection to the character to need him in my collection.

Also there is just too damn much stuff coming out right now to be able to buy everything :monkey2

Some pic i find-out in Hong Kong Toy's Forum
compare with ver. 1 and ver 2.0
195315709_1547a74cde_o.jpg

195315710_8279be3461_o.jpg

195315712_ce424e4ce9_o.jpg

195315714_7bf23757f8_o.jpg

195315715_365ae03c96_o.jpg

195316408_9aad85ac11_o.jpg

My tears cause hard to got ver.1 now!!!

Wow, thanks QQB 2.0 looks great, lots of improvements, jacket (sleeve tailoring), head, extra gun and rocket pack is much more detailed!

Super Poseable said:
My wallet is so hating you, guys!:lol

Well, considering you are "Super Poseable" I thought you might want to know this V 2.0 is far more poseable than the V 1.0: his head can look up and he can be posed in flying position because he comes with a completely new RAH 301 Kai Massive posable body built in for better mobility.

And... he comes with a stand.

oh he's on the Massive style bod like Spidey? i figured the slender type since he really doesn't need to be all that muscular.

Mookeylama said:
oh he's on the Massive style bod like Spidey? i figured the slender type since he really doesn't need to be all that muscular.

As far as I know, yes. I've seen it mentioned in a few listings and you can see 2.0 is taller in some of QQB's pics... rear view pic esp.

It is definitely on a new body, I think the issue was poseability, flying positions and height.

Last edited:
That rocketeer looks fantastic I have to buy one.I just put a lightsaber for sale to get the cash for it.Hopefully someone buys it.:rotfl

They did a nice job improveing him im glade the v2 still has a real leather jacket.

Has anyone been on this site ?https://www.figurethisradio.com/reviewDetail.php?i_id=1

The guy gives a really detailed review on the first rocketeer.

Billy

The display stand is clear... :cool:

I love the new detail on the jet pack too

195315712_ce424e4ce9_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting those comparison pics QQB!

I own the first one and from the comparison pics they look to be almost identical. the only differences I see are:

1. The head having a bit of hair sculpted and painted on in the back.
2. The body is more poseable and fills out the costume more.
3. Extra hands, not sure how many.
4. Gun.
5. Gum sculpted on the rocket pack.
6. And a better paint job that brings out more detail in the sculpt.

Neither the helmet or the rocket pack (with the exception of the gum) are no more detailed then the original. Nor is the costume (remember, the original is old and probably shows more wear and tear).
That's a huge relief, I really wanted the 2.0 version but I can't possibly have the money to by one for at least another year. Seeing that the two aren't that much different means I can relax a little.

screamingmetal said:
Thanks for posting those comparison pics QQB!

Neither the helmet or the rocket pack (with the exception of the gum) are no more detailed then the original. Nor is the costume (remember, the original is old and probably shows more wear and tear).

Actually the jacket is a different color, it was made darker because there were complaints that the original didn't look leathery enough but you're right, no real changes made in the detail of the outfit. The jet pack is more detailed in some areas... both in sculpt and paint (more battle damaged) and the helmet's "bronze" color was also painted a bit richer...

but if you have the original, there is probably no need to rush out and buy another...

2 things made this a "Must Buy" for me, even though I already had V 1:

1) The Mauser pistol w/2 extra gloved hands to pose with. The original had 2 gloved fists, and 2 extra open, flesh-colored hands. Its nice having a gloved right hand to hold the pistol and an open gloved left hand as well.

2) The head is much more poseable; you can actually tilt it back to have him looking straight up or for "flying" poses, or tilt it forward and have him looking down as well. You couldn't achieve that with the original.

The taller body is nice as well, allowing him to fit in better with other 1/6 figures. And having the hair painted on the back of the neck is a nice touch. Really, the only thing that could improve V 2.0 significantly would have been if they had included an extra Cliff Secord head that you could swap out with the helmeted head, and maybe also an empty helmet that he could hold. Since I doubt a removeable helmet version would have been achievable, the Secord head would have been nice.
I'll probably keep both, but if I had to choose one, the 2.0 version would be it.

warlock664 said:
if I had to choose one, the 2.0 version would be it.

Absolutely, it is much better for all the reasons you mentioned... I sold my V 1.0 late last year because I knew this version was coming out and you can still pick this up in the US for $135 shipped. Next year it will be much harder to find and I'm sure more expensive once the word gets out how great it is...

pjam said:
Actually the jacket is a different color, it was made darker because there were complaints that the original didn't look leathery enough but you're right, no real changes made in the detail of the outfit. The jet pack is more detailed in some areas... both in sculpt and paint (more battle damaged) and the helmet's "bronze" color was also painted a bit richer...

but if you have the original, there is probably no need to rush out and buy another...
I see what you're saying about the jacket's color, it's a very subtle difference.
I'm sorry if I missed it Pjam, do you own both figures; have you seen them in person?
From the comparison pics I don't see any sculpt detailing on the jet pack that's not on the original (other then gum). What are you seeing that's specifically different in the sculpt of the jet pack?

The original I own is MIB, it's in perfect condition and for the longest time it was the most expensive figure I owned, I'm still apprehensive about opining it up for display. Owning the original however isn't as important to me as having a perfect Rocketeer figure, I could try and sell it and with that money buy the new version. But I doubt it's selling for as much as it used to.

I don't know, I'm sure you'd get a pretty penny for it. I think there are always the Medicom completists that want the original figure no matter what.

Mookeylama said:
someone told me the nelmet WAS hollow and was glued on over a generic faceless head. that's not the case?
Actually if my memory serves, that's also the case with the original.
Another alternative I thought would be to buy a new Medicom body lose and pull the original helmet off and modify the new body's head to receive the helmet. That would improve it some so it can have a more natural flying position. Which is what I desire the most in a Rocketeer figure.

screamingmetal said:
I see what you're saying about the jacket's color, it's a very subtle difference.
I'm sorry if I missed it Pjam, do you own both figures; have you seen them in person?
From the comparison pics I don't see any sculpt detailing on the jet pack that's not on the original (other then gum). What are you seeing that's specifically different in the sculpt of the jet pack?

Jet pack:
Sculpt changes: the two oval/egg-shaped areas are more detailed and are more off-set/raised from the rockets, the detailing also appears more refined at the top weld areas under the cone although that just may be the picture.

Paint apps: more of a battle damaged look, more refined and outlined in the shading of the "weld ring" areas at top, the exhaust vent panels seem more detailed in the shading and the exhausts themselves are more copperish.

I never liked the jacket coloring in the v 1.0, it was a pale burnt orange, almost salmon and didn't have that leathery look in person, this jacket is darker and richer in color...

Last edited:
Back