Anyone got the Rocketeer 2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
screamingmetal said:
Actually if my memory serves, that's also the case with the original.
Another alternative I thought would be to buy a new Medicom body lose and pull the original helmet off and modify the new body's head to receive the helmet. That would improve it some so it can have a more natural flying position. Which is what I desire the most in a Rocketeer figure.

Check out this site scroll down. https://figuremasterles.tripod.com/id22.html

Billy

Expect your US dealer to get the piece in soon. MR has sent us out notices that it will be any day so now we are just waiting for the shipping notice.

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
Expect your US dealer to get the piece in soon. MR has sent us out notices that it will be any day so now we are just waiting for the shipping notice.
Any word on Jack Sparrow?

Thought I'd get this thread back on track now that Rocketeer is shipping in the US and I can't think of a better way to get the juices flowing...

TheObsoleteMan said:
Since this is now a Jennifer Connelly thread, I thought a picture was in order.

Connelly.jpg

Two more days til I get my Medicom Rocketeer.

OH. MY. ROCKETEERING GOODNESS!!!

THANKS FOR THAT MONDAY PICK ME UP T.O.M!

My wife got me the new version for my birthday, and we've had some fun with him...
PICT0052.jpg

Airspace is getting crowded around here...
PICT0057-1.jpg

PICT0055.jpg

]Did somebody mention Betty?...PS

wax murderer said:
My wife got me the new version for my birthday, and we've had some fun with him...

PICT0055.jpg

]Did somebody mention Betty?...PS

Damn WM, he looks great, thanks for those pics!

Boy, you can really see the improvements so much better in natural light, the jacket color looks leather now (appeared too "salmon" colored before) and the helmet looks amazing! Better paint apps on the bronze and riveting detail, mauser looks great too, love to see more of the improved jetpack sculpt and paint apps (and bubblegum) but maybe another day.

And Betty rocks, what a dish. LOL!

Thanks, can't wait to get mine tomorrow!

wax murderer said:
PICT0052.jpg

Airspace is getting crowded around here...

DAMN...wish I had a wife and a birthday coming up. But alas, negative on both of those. That photo is really making me want to get rockety.....uh, I'm losing control.

Man... back in 2001 I bought version 1 for the LOW price of $175. Be happy you can get a superior version for even less!

Although the V2 Rocketeer has improvements over the V1 and is the better figure, there was something I thought was superior with the V1; the box art. I really liked the fully painted cover. It seemed really classy looking.

ambac said:
Although the V2 Rocketeer has improvements over the V1 and is the better figure, there was something I thought was superior with the V1; the box art. I really liked the fully painted cover. It seemed really classy looking.

This?

RocketeerBoxFront.jpg

And a correction... i got it in 2002, not 2001.

Here's a review I done of v1 so long ago...

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_111502a.htm

Got mine yesterday, this is one for the ages, an instant classic. The new body alone is simply amazing. One of the best poseable bodies I have ever seen, truly remarkable and sturdy and it is indeed taller than V 1.0. The jacket color was as suspected, an improvement in coloring, it looks like real leather and all the snaps work great.

The improved head sculpt is also a huge improvement, there is a head under there and the helmet bronzing is more textured and includes more sculpt detail in the rivet lines and black wash paint apps...

The rocket pack is a sculpt detail improvement as well (deeper welt pattern and more 3 dimensional detailing) and the paint apps is excellent, this was actually taken from the actual "battle damaged" prop in the film...

It is the definitive Rocketeer IMO, the box art is nowhere near as classically cool as the 1.0 but that is a minor problem IMO...

Last edited:
Got my 2.0 Rocketeer today, and it is not just a doll or an action figure, it's a work of art. The poseability of the head is fantastic. I'm glad I had an extra Sideshow stand though, the one it came with is crap. Reminds of those awful DC Direct stands. :monkey4

The ultra talented screen shot magician Super-Poseable came through on the review thread with some JC shots so I posted it here so here... we... go...

Super Poseable said:

Thanks S-P, I am indeed your SSF beee-otch! :lol

J.C is so loving during her younger days...Saw ths pc at my lcs and was truly impressed. The articulation & details was top notch. Highly recommended especially for fans of this 'old skool' movie.

Back