Anyone got the Rocketeer 2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks QQB, the jacket doesn't look that much improved although there seems to be a darker wash on the rocket pack. Is that custom work or is that part of the figure?

I'm still on the fence on ordering v2.0. The deal-breaker for me is whether or not this new figure can actually tilt the head back to look skyward (like the movie poster depicts!).

man, that's sweet....even got the bubblegum on it.....

wish I could afford it......alas, I'll probably pay 2 or 300 bucks for it a coupla years down the road.....

someone told me that on the ver 1 fig, the helmet did not come off, but on this ver 2 it does, but there's a faceless head underneath and that it'd be tough to put a head w/ sculpted hair on in it's stead. anyone confirm?

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Chewing gum on the rocketpack (if you saw the movie, you'll understand)

Mauser pistol

More detailed outfit

Have I missed anything??
I think the outfit is the same (possibly tailored for a larger body).
He'll also have a couple of extra hands, at least one to hold the Mauser.

And a new better designed and more articulated body.

I own the first version, But it's still MIB. I'd love to have another that I can take out of the box and display. But That'll have to wait.

I have the first one and it sounds like the head is the same - it would be impossible to have a head with sculpted head under the helmet. I can't believe that 2.0 will be on a bigger body, Medicom has a consistant size for all their movie based figures.

I imagine that it would be on one of the newer/improved bodies though... I imagine the original Rocketeer is on one of their older body types.

as great as this figure looks, I don't see anything justifying a $150 price tag......

what am I missing that sets this apart from the stuff Sideshow is doing?

MrBlisterfists said:
as great as this figure looks, I don't see anything justifying a $150 price tag......

Absolutely nothing. The figure doesn't justify the price tag. That's my biggest gripe with Medicom and the reason I don't buy their figures. I do have the Rocketeer on order though because I always wanted one, but I'm going to be cancelling in a week or so because I just don't have the money for it right now.

I wish Sideshow would do one though. At least then it would be a reasonable price!! :)

I just got v2.0:monkey2
image1094.jpg
image1095.jpg

image1096.jpg
image1097.jpg

jeezus u can even see the weld lines on the helmet!

i agree that Medi is over priced but i won't say overrated. Dragon, BBI, Ignite, Hot Toys all put out boxed figs ranging from $75 to $150 and many don't show the quality that Medi does. also SS seems like they keep inching their way up there. wouldn't be surprised to see prices of $75 or so for ome of their more popular 1/6 exclusives soon.

MrBlisterfists said:

Simple, the fact that Sideshow will never produce this figure.

Master replicas will be makeing the rocketeer v2 for usa buyers .I think sometime this year or next year.

Billy

Thanks for the info I dident even know he for up for pre order yet.:lol

Billy

Back