Anyone collect vintage ARAH toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been a couple of pretty major figures I've never had in good condition, and I got one of them in the mail today--Scarlett. Not a great sculpt for a figure, but still a classic one. I had one since I was younger, but I got it from someone else, and it was beat to hell with a broken crotch and one knee glued in position. Now, I've got a nice, swivel arm version. She poses very well with Duke and 1983 Snake Eyes.

Now that Winter has hit the North East US, I figured I would take my Polar Battle Bear out for some fun in the snow

24855957756_fe3905e08d_b.jpg

24764324272_ecbd28d734_b.jpg

24254088654_bc8d2a8922_b.jpg

Great stuff buddy. Time to go all in and get that Joe HQ, Clutch/VAMP, and the Cobra Rattler with Weasel :panic:

All on the radar, funny how I turned my collection around back to GI Joe, I kind of shocked myself with this new direction but I must say that it is refreshing.

I knew the minute you told me that it was headed that way. Absolutely nothing wrong with it either and glad your enjoying it buddy. No way I would be able to stop with just a few and would need to build up the collection like how it use to be back in the day. This is why I cannot go down this dangerous path and start collecting GI Joe again :lol

Awesome. I just got a sealed Xamot and Tomax a couple weeks back--a long-time grail for me. Next on my list now is Shipwreck, and possibly '85 Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Firefly, or Duke, though all of those typically cost a fortune.

Nice, I wouldn't mind seeing a few pics of your sealed Xamot and Tomax, I need them and a destro with baroness for my collection.

If I remember, I'll take a pic at some point. Now I've got them, a sealed Zartan (sort of--the tape deteriorated on the side), Dusty, 2 peach back Flints (one with Triple Win card, one without), Tiger Force Flint, Airtight, Bazooka, and a custom, carded Zartan. I also need a sealed Takara Zartan.

I have some carded vintage joes but I never made that a focus of that collection due to price, I just mainly get near mint complete open figures for the display case, but carded figures sure are awesome to have:duff

The artwork is often fantastic, and makes for a nice presentation. Plus, there is the fact that as a kid, when they stopped producing those, I would fantasize about finding them in the store. I literally had dreams about finding unopened Zartans in the store. So, this lets me pretend I'm in that zone for a brief moment whenever I look at them. I would also collect more Transformers and Super Powers figures this way if I could afford to do so.

By the way, I'm just seeing your pic with the Pac-Man arcade game. I've been tempted many times to get one of those! Very cool.

Haha yeah, memories of walking in toys r us back in the 80's, it was a fun time to be a kid in the action figure isle!!

Here's a quick unboxing video I did today of those joes

Back