Anyone collect vintage ARAH toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just cleared a shelf for my first vehicle for my vintage collection, fitting as its the first vehicle I got as a kid, its quickly becoming an obsession:panic:

23967872623_791667d5a6_b.jpg

This is a photo of the one I ordered, I can't wait to see it in person

s-l1600.jpg

Nice buddy and a perfect place for your vintage haul :lecture

Thanks very much buddy:hi5:

A lot of good memories playing with that one as a kid with one of my friends.

Me too, but I mostly played with one of my brothers when it came to GI Joe, in fact after having the APC a few years I remember trading it with a friend for the snowcat, I thought it was a good deal, however I remember how annoyed my brother was that I traded it and he let me know just how much he didn't like the snowcat, he pointed out all the ways the APC was better in every way, He was right now that I look back on it:lol

A review of the one that started it all for me, my first G.I. Joe action figure I ever got, the 1982 Machine Gunner Rock 'N Roll, hope you enjoy:)

Nice video buddy. My first Joe was straight arm Snake Eyes. The minute I seen that guy on the shelf at K-Mart I begged my mom to buy it and she did. That was it man, hooked at the age of 9 :lol Then when Flint came out he was my all time favorite. I need Gentle Giant to make that one.

Nice video buddy. My first Joe was straight arm Snake Eyes. The minute I seen that guy on the shelf at K-Mart I begged my mom to buy it and she did. That was it man, hooked at the age of 9 :lol Then when Flint came out he was my all time favorite. I need Gentle Giant to make that one.

Hopefully they will get there, hard to say at this point as they haven't even made it half way though 1982 yet:panic:

You could of course get the 82 Snake eyes in jumbo form and it looks beautiful in all its glossy black plastic glory:lol

23534705221_e19d19d949_b.jpg

22988941864_18eb60aa68_b.jpg

Great to see a high quality Flint make it into the collection buddy. That figure is so badass and my favorite Joe hands down. Also, that is quite the haul man. I use to love putting on the decals and making those vehicles pop. Always nerve racking though trying to get them just perfect :panic: Fingers crossed that you get that Snow Job arm loosened up and don't need a replacement.

I got a sizable lot of Joes last night, with a lot of repair work needed, and one of those big carry cases. It's actually a joy to be replacing O-rings on these guys now. Though most of those I got are extras, I got Cross-Country and W.O.R.M.S., which are pretty cool drivers that I never had.

Ah reissue, thought those decals looked to perfect. :lol

Yes sir, I wanted a really nice example for display and the price was right, best part was putting on the stickers myself:D

I got a sizable lot of Joes last night, with a lot of repair work needed, and one of those big carry cases. It's actually a joy to be replacing O-rings on these guys now. Though most of those I got are extras, I got Cross-Country and W.O.R.M.S., which are pretty cool drivers that I never had.

Post some pics when it arrives, I don't know why but I find changing orings therapeutic myself, I'm also looking forward to cleaning up and putting repro stickers on the APC I'm getting.

Great to see a high quality Flint make it into the collection buddy. That figure is so badass and my favorite Joe hands down. Also, that is quite the haul man. I use to love putting on the decals and making those vehicles pop. Always nerve racking though trying to get them just perfect :panic: Fingers crossed that you get that Snow Job arm loosened up and don't need a replacement.

Thanks buddy, flint is badass, very happy to finally have him, I'll take snowjob apart soon to see what the issue is, I'll post my findings.

I remember seeing that Battle Bear and Snowjob at Target, and thinking how cool it was that we had vintage Joes, very similar to their original designs, being released that way.

I've been scouring eBay for Joe deals over the last couple of weeks, and ran across a doozy of a deal today. About 40-45 prime vintage figures, plus a bunch of accessories, for $80 shipped. Makes me want to do the happy dance.

DUFMtCl.gif

Back