Anyone collect vintage ARAH toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few of the odd colored and original character Funskools, but the quality was too ****** to get the regular release versions. When they first became widely available they they were selling at places for $5 carded. Any more than that is a waste of money.

Had a few of the odd colored and original character Funskools, but the quality was too ****** to get the regular release versions. When they first became widely available they they were selling at places for $5 carded. Any more than that is a waste of money.

I wasn't too familiar with the funskool versions at first, I was cruising ebay a few years ago and seen them carded for cheap enough so I ordered a couple, I would much rather the regular versions as like you said the quality is noticeably better.

Just got this 1982 Rock 'n Roll in fantastic condition!

23157696659_1329745902_b.jpg

Picked up a few more vintage figures, I got some more on the way as I'm planning to put together a small displayable collection of vintage Joes, maybe 20-30 I'm thinking of some favorites.

23465660334_e57db1495f_b.jpg

Saw your video. You scored big for some loose ones. I wish I still had mine. But I do plan on getting the vehicles and some of the figures they haven't updated or made new versions of.

Picked up a few more vintage figures, I got some more on the way as I'm planning to put together a small displayable collection of vintage Joes, maybe 20-30 I'm thinking of some favorites.

Great collection!

What figures are you looking for?

A rare Duke with intact crotch!

The infamous light green plastic:panic:

These are very funny, recommended watch

Saw your video. You scored big for some loose ones. I wish I still had mine. But I do plan on getting the vehicles and some of the figures they haven't updated or made new versions of.

Thanks, yeah they look like they were opened yesterday, prices were fair too:)

Great collection!

What figures are you looking for?

Thanks, its a tiny collection so far, I counted last night, only 11 loose figures total, I have another 4 coming soon for a total of 15. I haven't made a list yet but top ones I still want to get are Flint, Storm Shadow, Destro, and Road Block, their are many others I want to, but I'm not in a rush to get them all quickly, just going to casually pick a few up on a monthly basis.

Yup, great set of figures. I have to stay away from them, if I get one, it will just get me started again.

Lady Jaye, as buff as Gung Ho and bigger than Duke. That's butch!!

And CC. Such a great character design.

Yup, great set of figures. I have to stay away from them, if I get one, it will just get me started again.

Lady Jaye, as buff as Gung Ho and bigger than Duke. That's butch!!

And CC. Such a great character design.

She does look beefy:lol

Yeah I've got a plan as to not go overboard, I'm getting a display case that can hold about 30-50 figures, when its full I'm done and I'm in no rush to fill it, just casually picking up a few here and there, just enjoying to hunt. Going to cherry pick the line, not going to be a completest.

I've got about 25 different Flints. I just bought an unopened Tigerforce Flint about a week ago. There is no such thing as going overboard with classic GI Joes.

I've got about 25 different Flints. I just bought an unopened Tigerforce Flint about a week ago. There is no such thing as going overboard with classic GI Joes.

Big fan of Flint huh, I like him quite a bit myself, he is a lot cooler than Duke in a lot of ways, I really hope to see the GG Line get to figures like him, it would be a stunning piece. I've been sparked by the Gentle Giant line which I do plan to complete, collecting the vintage stuff is sort of a side project to go alongside that, but its turning out to be a lot of fun doing so. Like I said I plan to keep it from 82-87 mainly, a nice little displayable bunch of loose figures in a wall mounted case, that's the plan, we all know anything can happen:panic:

Back