Anybody else feel like we are in a Depression?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:wave

When I grow up I want to be a positive thinker like you guys.
x :peace

I've never grown up...that's why I'm a positive thinker! :lol

I really am happy to hear it - ditto on "good posting".

I thank my lucky stars every day for my stable job, my husband's stable job and my excellent family & friends. I try not to take these things for granted and I really feel for people who are in worse situations than I (me? myself? - down with the fascist regime of proper grammar!).

Right on and DOWN WITH THE FASCIST REGIME OF PROPER GRANDMA!!

grandmapick.jpg

...oh wait you said grammar, my bad. :D

A few months back I was reading on the web about sluggish cognitive tempo basically clinical lazyness. So one night while at the table with the wife and kids and I told my wife I have it. She retorted with no you do not "Your just depressed". In my attempt to try and keep it funny along with the truth was she was probably right. I said something along the lines of "Your right I am depressed and you knew I was depressed and that makes me even more depressed that you knew I was depressed but didn't tell me I was a depressed." No sooner do these words leave my mouth and my two and half year old daughter Grace pipes up. Sits up as bold as can be and shakes her index finger at me while say and I quote "UH-UH DADDY! you are not da princess" Turning her finger back to point at herself "I am da princess."

Moral of the story I don't know but every time I think about it I could careless about what is going on in the world outside of mine. I just get back to doing what I need to do and keeping a positive attitude.

I have a good job and am able to eat and live in a fine home...so? Whats there to be happy about except the accumulation of material things or waiting for the next big movie or sporting event?

This world is f'd and its just a matter of time until its all gone.

Wish I could see more in life, but recently its felt pretty pointless.

No this isn't a suicide letter or anything.

Just the worries of the world as a whole get to me and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for this planet. Politically and culturally the planet is moving away from personal freedom. Someone elses whim can mess up millions of lives.
Economically the planet is moving away from personal independance. Someone elses fiscal mistake can mess up millions of lives.

And I just don't think the mob understands whats best for people and continually mess it up and ruin lives.

Moral of the story I don't know but every time I think about it I could careless about what is going on in the world outside of mine. I just get back to doing what I need to do and keeping a positive attitude.

This is exactly where I WANT to be. :goodpost: Its hard to get there though.

I have a good job and am able to eat and live in a fine home...so? Whats there to be happy about except the accumulation of material things or waiting for the next big movie or sporting event?

Just the worries of the world as a whole get to me and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for this planet. Politically and culturally the planet is moving away from personal freedom. Someone elses whim can mess up millions of lives.
Economically the planet is moving away from personal independance. Someone elses fiscal mistake can mess up millions of lives.

And I just don't think the mob understands whats best for people and continually mess it up and ruin lives.

NO wonder your always soooo damn grumpy and will argue about just about everything. It's ok. It will all be ok. WOOOOSAAAAAA! :lol

Business around here has sucked for about 2 years now so it ain't much different now then it has been.

Honestly I think life just sucks in general. Keep buying toys and playing with women and video games and you'll be alright.

:goodpost:.............I like this right here

Yeah life has been sucking for my family as well as of late. Sometimes we don't know what were gonna do. Gotta keep positive i guess. This place is a bit of an escape.

I agree........ I would say I feel horrible sometimes, but things have been worse for other ppl in my family, and that makes me feel bad cause there is nothing I can do about any of it.

I have come to realize that if I freshly ****** in the morning not only do I feel and smell fresh. I also have a very vibrant and happy attitude for the next few days.

well l will give you an honest answer. l get depressed lots then get better then get bad for a while then better. l hate having ups and downs. l was on anti depressants last year.they made me feel better, but l started sweating lots as a side effect so l stopped taking them. you just have to keep positive. and trust me in the last couple years l have gone threw some serious stuff, but you cant give up. you only have 2 options in life. you either kill your self, or man up and push threw it, and be positive and know things will get better. those are our only choices, and obviously one of those options is not a good idea.

I get what you mean. Its encouraging to hear a fellow freak with positive talking. I had a pretty stable life (can be boring at times) till about 5 years ago when things happened. It has been a very rough ride, have to say in a way it built me up. I am not out of it yet, in fact I have to resolve something big very soon. I do feel down from time to time, felt things being unfair. I will simply have to remind myself to man up and survive it. I did promise myself to make things fair again for myself, still a long road ahead.:)

Anyone else wondering where the good things are anymore?

Every major event this planet or our culture has recently gone through has been bad.

I frankly don't see it improving.

People are always wondering when I'm going to have kids. And I just tell them I don't feel like bringing anyone into this sorry pitiful and unstable world with a bunch of degenerates ruining it further.

I know people have said this through out the ages, but I personally think we're living at the end, which I have mixed feeling about based on my faith.

life on this planet depends on the next generation... and the next... and the next... imagine if your grand parents thought of not bringing a kid into the world during their hard times.

Why worry about things you cannot control?

Is this world screwed up? Sure. But I can't change or control the world...all I can do is change and take control of the things in my life that may be wrong.

I'm not gonna waste one moment worrying about which nutjob is gonna cause the next catastrophe or if some cosmic or manmade event is gonna cause the world to end.

Back