Collection End Game?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of years ago, I was like I dont want to get rid of this figure or that figure for such and such a reason. Now I'm just picking up figs and saying ' You're finding a new home ' :exactly:
I miss selling stuff. But the market now, I'd rather just put the figures I don't want in my closet and let them deteriorate instead of selling them for 1/3 of what I paid.

Maybe I can just rotate figures. Have a shelf dedicated to new figures only, and when I run out of room I'll put some in storage until I want to look at them again. I do that with my NECA 1/4 and 7 inch horror figures, I display them the whole month of October and after Halloween they go under my bed until the following October. But they are plastic so they won't deteriorate like most of the 1/6 hot toys I would put away.

I miss selling stuff. But the market now, I'd rather just put the figures I don't want in my closet and let them deteriorate instead of selling them for 1/3 of what I paid.

Maybe I can just rotate figures. Have a shelf dedicated to new figures only, and when I run out of room I'll put some in storage until I want to look at them again. I do that with my NECA 1/4 and 7 inch horror figures, I display them the whole month of October and after Halloween they go under my bed until the following October. But they are plastic so they won't deteriorate like most of the 1/6 hot toys I would put away.
Yeah the bottom has seemingly fallen out of the second hand market in 1/6 a bit. Prices on new figures still keep going up though. Maybe people are just not so keen on second hand figures especially when we are seeing a lot older older figures being re-released to a higher standard.

I set a rules day one of
Deciding on HT as a collection.

1: One wall, not a room full of 1/6. I have a large man cave , but it has many different items in it, posters , statues , photos, games and guitars. it's a media man cave , not JUST a dolly spot,

2. Each detolf will max out at 3 figures per shelf, cause anymore looks cluttered to my eyes.(the exception is my zombie shelf. Thats crowded on purpose to look like a horde)

3. IF I want a NEW figure, and no room exists , someone must go.

4. The wall can handle 7 detolf total, so that's 84 total. Thats the end game.

Thats it...no more ? Collection done , but malleable,

I set a rules day one of
Deciding on HT as a collection.

1: One wall, not a room full of 1/6. I have a large man cave , but it has many different items in it, posters , statues , photos, games and guitars. it's a media man cave , not JUST a dolly spot,

2. Each detolf will max out at 3 figures per shelf, cause anymore looks cluttered to my eyes.(the exception is my zombie shelf. Thats crowded on purpose to look like a horde)

3. IF I want a NEW figure, and no room exists , someone must go.

4. The wall can handle 7 detolf total, so that's 84 total. Thats the end game.

Thats it...no more ? Collection done , but malleable,
Someone must go is a good waste management approach.

Sold off a third of figures and I just focus on vehicles and dioramas for my own remaining figures. I did get into photography and eventually going to get a 3D printer and make cool little props for figure photography. I am more with the mindset of enjoying what I have. Enhance the existing collection, props, display etc.. that’s where I’m at.

bad news. plastic do deteriorate esp soft plastic like the ones on mcfarlane and neca though neca plastic is harder. once the plastic starts to do this the joints becomes stuck and have to be extra careful loosen the joints.

Yeah the bottom has seemingly fallen out of the second hand market in 1/6 a bit. Prices on new figures still keep going up though. Maybe people are just not so keen on second hand figures especially when we are seeing a lot older older figures being re-released to a higher standard.
depends which figures. i still have the portal and dead space sealed on blister their value holds up but the batteries inside have probably corroded but what can we do about it without removing them from package?

Sold off a third of figures and I just focus on vehicles and dioramas for my own remaining figures. I did get into photography and eventually going to get a 3D printer and make cool little props for figure photography. I am more with the mindset of enjoying what I have. Enhance the existing collection, props, display etc.. that’s where I’m at.
Not to derail the thread, but how was the learning curve, expense and availability of plans for that 3D printer?

Back