Anybody else feel like we are in a Depression?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why worry about things you cannot control?

Is this world screwed up? Sure. But I can't change or control the world...all I can do is change and take control of the things in my life that may be wrong.

I'm not gonna waste one moment worrying about which nutjob is gonna cause the next catastrophe or if some cosmic or manmade event is gonna cause the world to end.

:goodpost:

I've had a lot of rough crap happen to me this week alone. A co-worker committed suicide, a friend told me he has terminal cancer, my mother just had a mass biopsied and the results won't be in till next week.... and that was all within the past three days. Sometimes life can be rough, hell sometimes life can throw more at you than you ever thought possible, but the real test of ones character all comes from how we handle those situations. Fight back and overcome.

I've had a lot of rough crap happen to me this week alone. A co-worker committed suicide, a friend told me he has terminal cancer, my mother just had a mass biopsied and the results won't be in till next week.... and that was all within the past three days. Sometimes life can be rough, hell sometimes life can throw more at you than you ever thought possible, but the real test of ones character all comes from how we handle those situations. Fight back and overcome.

:exactly::exactly::goodpost:

Life can be a biyotch, but sometimes you just have to sit back and take inventory of all that is positive and go from there. I have a son, wife, home, family, friends, job, etc, etc.....

Funny, I was telling my wife today that I notice that I've been experiencing way too much anxiety about things that I have little to no control over and that it's really been bothering me. Well, there's only one thing I can do about it and that's to fix it... Too often the worst mistake someone can make is to just allow an issue to fester. Identify what's wrong and fix it before it grows...

I get what you mean. Its encouraging to hear a fellow freak with positive talking. I had a pretty stable life (can be boring at times) till about 5 years ago when things happened. It has been a very rough ride, have to say in a way it built me up. I am not out of it yet, in fact I have to resolve something big very soon. I do feel down from time to time, felt things being unfair. I will simply have to remind myself to man up and survive it. I did promise myself to make things fair again for myself, still a long road ahead.:)

Thats how I have felt for the last couple of years as well.............

I have come to realize that if I freshly ****** in the morning not only do I feel and smell fresh. I also have a very vibrant and happy attitude for the next few days.

Douching with booze will do that to a person. :wink1:

we aren't in a national depresion because some states really haven't felt the affect of the recession as other states.

for instance, Texas, where home prices were level headed and jobs were plentiful compared to other states, hasn't seen the same economic woes as others.

its a tough time for some though especially in the retail arena

Why worry about things you cannot control?

Is this world screwed up? Sure. But I can't change or control the world...all I can do is change and take control of the things in my life that may be wrong.

I'm not gonna waste one moment worrying about which nutjob is gonna cause the next catastrophe or if some cosmic or manmade event is gonna cause the world to end.

My brother shares the same attitude as you. He always says being sad or depressed isn't going to change anything, so you may as well be happy. I'm trying very hard to get to that point. :)

My brother shares the same attitude as you. He always says being sad or depressed isn't going to change anything, so you may as well be happy. I'm trying very hard to get to that point. :)

You'll get there, Ween. :)

I didn't get to this point overnight. It may have taken me awhile but I finally arrived at this positive point in my life and I'm a much happer person because of the journey. :D

I'm depressed that were in a depression, which is what I thought this thread was about and that were not allowed to talk about why were in a depression, which is depressing.

I'm depressed that were in a depression, which is what I thought this thread was about and that were not allowed to talk about why were in a depression, which is depressing.

:lecture:exactly:.................I think, you kinda lost me there. I created this thread cause I remember reading about the Depression in the 20's, and the way things are going, it feels like thats what a lot of ppl are going through now adays. I didnt create this thread about general depression.

I got my 2nd quarter investment statements in the mail today. They were slightly depressing.:monkey2

Back