Any shot for Mad Max:Fury Road Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mad Max is really nothing like the rest of the movies. It is a pure revenge flick for both the good and bad .

The others are action movies all in the same defined setting. I love Fury Road except Max. He doesn't match up one bit to any of the previous versions.

The Road Warrior
Mad Max
Fury Road
Thunderdome
I agree with you about Mad Max, typical type flick, Road Warrior was the real breakthrough.
So much Thunderdome hate...
Seriously, that's what upset me the most when watching Fury Road the first time. I hated it. Max jumps in the V-8 and I'm thinking here we go, mad chase scene int the interceptor, NOPE. It gets wrecked 5 seconds later. Then I'm thinking OK he's gonna get loose and get his car back and then we'll see some Interceptor action, NOPE. I was thinking near the end of the movie when he points and says "that's my car" he's gonna get it back and then it's on, NOPE.

I was completely let down time and time again and then the movie ended. BS! He better be in the Interceptor most of the next movie. I don't want to be disappointed again.

Its just a Car. Thats the point. He needed to reconnect with humans , not his stuff. The destruction of the Interceptor is a turning point in the film for Max.

The point is, it wasn't just a car.

And Max already reconnected with humanity at the end of Thunderdome.

I think Max stories are just sort of Tales from the wasteland. road warrior and thunderdome are told by other narrators.

I love the interceptor too, but its just a car, and a different one in each movie. The comics say the one in Fury Road is new.(Stack v6's) the game although not canon Max builds a new interceptor with an outcast from Gastown.

To me Max reconnects with humanity but in between loses his connection while on the road alone. This reinforces the idea that we need other people to remain sane , which is a theme in all the films.

I would love to see what happens to Max between each film . But that sort of defeats the idea that these are just stories people of the wasteland tell about a guy they knew named Max who changed things for the better.

Hi guys, that's an interesting point regarding the Mad Max films and his inevitable need to reconnect with humanity. For me the Road warrior was a defining point in sci fi and action cinema and set a template for most of the post apocalyptic movies that have followed since.

At the heart of most of the films is a man who is reluctant to engage with anyone after the loss of his family but usually ends up doing the right thing in the end. The V8 interceptor is his world (at least in the second film) and the need to keep moving is his only means to escape his past. I kind of missed seeing the V8 trashed so early though in Fury Road, it is after all one of the most iconic vehicles in movie history. I guess it's a bit like Back to the Future, without the Delorean.

I also admire Miller for holding back on the licenses for the Mad Max films, particularly in this age of commoditized franchises such as Star Wars and the Marvel movies. I'd still love to see a few official releases though! Until then, I'll continue to enjoy whatever custom pieces I can scavenge, like Max himself!

For what is worth....
Ranking
1. Road Warrior
2. Fury Road
3. Thunderdome
4. Mad Max (i cannot get past the awful dubbing) wish we had the original voices)

Miller probably doesn't want a bunch of cheap ass products flying around like lunch boxes an towels....so better to skip the license thing altogether. Maybe no Hot Toy could every stand up to his standard. I mean after all , look how long he waited to make the movie the way he wanted. I am glad he has high standards

What I dislike most about Mad Max was the soundtrack, I just can't stand the music, it feels like it belongs in a completely different type of movie.

They did make licensed Road Warrior toys years ago so it's possible for high end stuff sometime in the future, I hope the wait isn't too long because this license deserves quality figures and statues.

For what is worth....
Ranking
1. Road Warrior
2. Fury Road
3. Thunderdome
4. Mad Max (i cannot get past the awful dubbing) wish we had the original voices)

Miller probably doesn't want a bunch of cheap ass products flying around like lunch boxes an towels....so better to skip the license thing altogether. Maybe no Hot Toy could every stand up to his standard. I mean after all , look how long he waited to make the movie the way he wanted. I am glad he has high standards

If you select audio on the blu-ray menu, you have the choice of English dubbed or Original theatrical Australian English.

If you select audio on the blu-ray menu, you have the choice of English dubbed or Original theatrical Australian English.

The first time I saw Mad Max a buddy of mine had an Australian copy of the movie so when I saw the dubbed one I laughed through the whole movie cause I couldn't understand why it was dubbed in the first place. If you can't understand an Aussie accent you're a fool. My friends didn't believe me when I told them it was dubbed. Now who's laughing!!! HA HA HA!

The first time I saw Mad Max a buddy of mine had an Australian copy of the movie so when I saw the dubbed one I laughed through the whole movie cause I couldn't understand why it was dubbed in the first place. If you can't understand an Aussie accent you're a fool. My friends didn't believe me when I told them it was dubbed. Now who's laughing!!! HA HA HA!

Sadly, the brain-dead morons who run Hollywood have this idea that American audiences won't accept non-American accents in most movies and TV shows (unless supplied by the villain), it's one of the reasons why you see British actors on US made TV shows not speaking with their normal accents. Or why every "foreign-language" movie gets remade with English speaking actors (this one is because, and probably correctly, they think we Americans are either too stupid or too lazy to read subtitles).

The point is, it wasn't just a car.

And Max already reconnected with humanity at the end of Thunderdome.

Lol. Thunderdome doesn't exist in my book. Fury Road picks up where Road Warrior leaves off. Thunderdome was like a bad fever dream. Fury Road is the sequel Thunderdome should have been.

Some pretty good points raised - I say "Whatever to the order of the movies" - My theory: If Happy Feet came before THUNDERDOME, we might have gotten a better Max Movie. Just sayin'

Re: waiting for an 'official' license - or even wanting Art Figures' efforts - just look what they did with Riddick!!! Miller's world is wide open for customisation NO COMPANY WILL EVER OFFER THE CHOICE YOU CAN MAKE FOR YOURSELVES Free your minds... and your @$$ will follow

Picture5.jpg
Picture4.jpg

Sadly, the brain-dead morons who run Hollywood have this idea that American audiences won't accept non-American accents in most movies and TV shows (unless supplied by the villain), it's one of the reasons why you see British actors on US made TV shows not speaking with their normal accents. Or why every "foreign-language" movie gets remade with English speaking actors (this one is because, and probably correctly, they think we Americans are either too stupid or too lazy to read subtitles).

ain't all of those old skool kung fu flicks all dubbed? even the original language itself is dubbed you can see the offsync, the english ones were even funnier.

Mad Max is really nothing like the rest of the movies. It is a pure revenge flick for both the good and bad guys. Vehicles are their weapon of choice. The wild cars and society right on the brink of total collapse. Awesome. As for the dubbing, there are plenty if copies out there with the original voices. I like some of the original dub but there are also plenty of better voices in the US dubbing like Night Rider.

The others are action movies all in the same defined setting. I love Fury Road except Max. He doesn't match up one bit to any of the previous versions.

The Road Warrior
Mad Max
Fury Road
Thunderdome

Yeah, I agree, I get you, I loved Fury Road except Max...it should have been called Furious Furiosa: Thunder Road. What really made the character, without which there would be no Fury Road and other movies to be made, is Mel Gibson's portrayal. Even in the crappy, wannabe comedy Thunderdome, his persona still shone through. Mel Gibson's Max was so badass and charming at the same time without really trying hard to do so (which his Rigg's character seemed to try to force at times), surely borrowing a lot from The Man With No Name. On the other hand, Tom Hardy's Max was so underwhelming and his attempt to channel the character's anti-social qualities along with the growling and grunting, made him seem more like Shrek or Frankenstein's Monster.

Maybe it's a generational thing, with younger viewers preferring Fury Road because of its technological advances over the original trilogy, which after-all, earned it a ton of oscar nominations. But in my book, cool trumps all of that anytime.

Last edited:
Back