ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yoda??? If they can to Jagga and his minions they can do Yoda

I hear what you're saying about diversity, but Jabba and his critters are not good examples for the ability to provide Yoda, they look great but have no articulation but for Jabba's arms, people are going to want a Sideshow articulated Yoda which will require a 1 of a kind body. I'll guarantee Vader and the likes are being worked on also, but they're being worked on and aren't yet up to the standards Sideshow wants them to be at, so in the mean time, we're being offered some great pieces along the way.

Yes, but there have been some items that don't stand out as, yes many people will feel they must have this. For example, Leia's handcuffs weren't a high priority for a lot of people around here, it still sold but if you made Luke's blast shield helmet the exclusive, that'd be like throwing chum to a frenzied shark, where a T-16 model is cool enough to attract business still, but isn't quite an absolute must have. I think the Grievous blaster and Mynok are good examples of very desirable exclusives.

Of course you mention two of the only ones I DON'T have exclusives of...

Salt, please meet wound.:D

Everyone, you realize the more accessories we expect, the higher the price we'll inevitably be. I say that in futility because some folks are going to act like they've been gouched unfairly, but his is one figure I wouldn't mind paying extra for extra items. Perhaps Sideshow could make both camps happy and offer an accessory pack like the probe droids that went with Maul. Maybe even offer something like Treadwell or a Moisture Vaporator. Hell, couldn't be too hard, Treadwell doesn't even have to roll, he didn't in the story, just make him static to pose with Luke and the Vaporator.

I understand that some exclusives have been better than others, but I don't understand why they wouldn't want to make the exclusive as attractive as possible, given the limitations of the character (and the amount required to engineer and produce the item).

Well, you'd think the goal would always to be to make the exclusive item something super special, but at the same time, with competitive ordering I think they try often to make it special but not something that'll upset those who can't get it. Another good example of a neat but unneeded exclusive is the holo Sidious that came with Anakin, he never even dealt with Sidious via hologram at that scale, but it was neat to have if you got it, but those that missed didn't have a lesser figure either. If Luke comes with the helmet as exclusive, there'd be a good ammount of upset collectors who miss out on it.

ANH Luke is probably a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of figure. If they choose to release him now people complain that there are too many Lukes, but if they wait people are angry because they don't have ANH Luke to go with the rest of the ANH figures.

Personally, I'm happy he's next.

Start Multiple Luke Rant:

You have got to be kidding me! ANOTHER Luke? I thought this was Sideshow Collectibles, not Hasbro! I really should have gotten THIS Luke INSTEAD of Bespin Luke. I don't see why we need FOUR Lukes already. Granted they should all have been made (except maybe Yavin Luke) at some point in the future.

I for one now DON'T WANT TO SEE ANOTHER LUKE FOR AT LEAST FIVE YEARS!!!!!

End multiple Luke Rant.

But I will be getting this, looks good from both the preview shot and the little headsculpt pic. It isn't that I don't like the Luke figures, but we JUST got Two not too long ago.

Now lets hope we don't see two Anakins soon, unless one of them is 14 inches tall and in black armor. :rolleyes:

ANH Luke is probably a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of figure. If they choose to release him now people complain that there are too many Lukes, but if they wait people are angry because they don't have ANH Luke to go with the rest of the ANH figures.

Personally, I'm happy he's next.

I agree its kind of a lose/lose whenever he came out. I say do it now especially since the 30th was just last year.

Having Ben and Leia, and Han on the way, I've been crossing fingers for this, it would just be odd not to have him following on their heels like this.

To me this is definitely the version of Luke I want. This will almost be the end of my Star Wars 1/6th after Vader and a couple of Stormtroopers.

On a side note though, and maybe it's just me, but in that small headsculpt preview, Luke kinda looks like Tobey Maguire....

011008luke.gif
38m.jpg

It may just be the small picture size. Either way, I'll still get Spidey-Luke.

I agree with the multiple Luke issue but I really like the preview pics ofit and more than likely will buy it to add to the other 1/6 ANH figs. Didn't care for the Yavin version.

Having Ben and Leia, and Han on the way, I've been crossing fingers for this, it would just be odd not to have him following on their heels like this.

While I understand Sideshow's hesitation, your's is the very reason I'll join the catterwalling for a 12inch Chewbacca. I have no complaints with the characters they chosen to put out but eventually they'll have step up with Chewie because the collection looks kinda naked without him! For a Wookie, that's not necessarily a good thing.

Great news! We'll finally have the four main heroes from ANH, which is one of those things I was hoping Sideshow would accomplish during the anniversary year and now they've done it (give or take a few weeks).

Now if they bring on an ANH Vader during Toyfair ... Chewbacca is too much to hope for ... yet.

On a side note though, and maybe it's just me, but in that small headsculpt preview, Luke kinda looks like Tobey Maguire....

011008luke.gif
38m.jpg

Agreed, but right away I can easily say it's all the picture. Once again, the image is FLOODED with light, his nose is just about 2 nostrils, there's no definition of shape, and the eye shape is imperceptible at teh size of the photo. I'm confident it'll look more like Hammil, as did Han like Ford, when we see better images of it.

Agreed, but right away I can easily say it's all the picture. Once again, the image is FLOODED with light, his nose is just about 2 nostrils, there's no definition of shape, and the eye shape is imperceptible at teh size of the photo. I'm confident it'll look more like Hammil, as did Han like Ford, when we see better images of it.

Even with the small pic, it looks just like Hamill in the "staring at the horizon" scene to me. Can't wait for the full pics, I think this is gonna be a killer sculpt.

To me this is definitely the version of Luke I want. This will almost be the end of my Star Wars 1/6th after Vader and a couple of Stormtroopers.

011008luke.gif
38m.jpg

It may just be the small picture size. Either way, I'll still get Spidey-Luke.

I aggree. He does look a bit like Tobey. Even without the tobey comparison, luke looks older. Hope the real preview picture later on prove me wrong as this Luke is a definite must for me

Back