ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ANH Luke repaint

Sorry for the necropost but I thought I'd share my ANH Luke repaint. Painted Han the other week and decided I'd have a go at Luke too – never liked the squinty eyes on him and thought I'd see if I could bring out a bit more of Mark Hamill. Really pleased with how he turned out! He actually looks better on the shelf than he does in the pics, if I do say so myself. :wink1:
img0130em.jpg

img0141l.jpg

img0114jf.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys - I'm actually just using a box of Pebeo acrylics from my local art shop - nothing particularly high-quality but they seem to get the job done. Flesh tone is a varying mix of Burnt Sienna, Crimson, Cadmium Yellow and White.

Actually I've had a go at painting Yavin Luke this week and it's been a nightmare. The likeness really isn't there. It's really given me an even greater appreciation of Trevor's terrific Tattooine Luke sculpt! I had a lot of fun painting it.

Luke looks great on the Pro! I did that with the ROTJ, not sure why I didn't think to do the same with the ANH version :lol

Is there a link to the transplant tut??

Is it just an HT neck adapter and drilling out the hands to fit the Pro wrists??

Feet are another issue... I boil and pop the Buck feet and put those on the Pro ankle plugs. The Buck feet might require a bit of drilling out but if you heat them they should go on the adapter no prob.

Thanks for the info. Now I have a project to work on. I'd been waiting for HT to make more Slims. I don't know why I didn't use the Pro, I guess I figured it was too beefy for Luke.

Thanks for the info. Now I have a project to work on. I'd been waiting for HT to make more Slims. I don't know why I didn't use the Pro, I guess I figured it was too beefy for Luke.

I've tried the Slim on ANH, Jedi and Bespin Luke. It honestly looks pretty horrible on ANH. The exposed neck area looks really bad and for some reason you get a wonky giraffe look.

I currently have my Jedi Luke on a Slim, which looks great IMO.... Bespin looks good on a Slim too but I couldn't justify keeping him on one without getting a sculpt repainted..

I may just crack and get the ANH Luke repainted... its a wonderful sculpt, but the final product is just not as nice as it should be.

i repainted my anh luke.............coudnt stand that green hair............it looked like he spent too much time in the pool........:panic:

who could you recomend for repaints in the UK who dosn`t charge more than the figure is worth
Cheers Steve.

I recommend Greggo in the UK. As far as the cost? All I know is ANH Luke was one of those figures I kept at the back of the shelf. After Greggo's repaint he's my new favorite!

Back