Amazing Spiderman 545 One More Day / Civil War Tie-In Discussion - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say the entire Spiderman Brand new day is still being a let down. All it is dropping the character back to the high school/college like days. He doesnt go to school but he's just vanishing on people and saving the day only to get yelled at on the way back. Young Mr Osborn said in one that Peter is off shooting pictures at other peoples tragedy. And the big thing of Peter having vanished from NYC is that he was trapped in I think Queens, and he couldn't call or get home because of the phone and power outages after the Skrull invasion.

And the way they did Jackpot was very stupid as well. It seems it was a girl in a wig who was using drugs to make herself a superhero. She bought the hero ID off of the real 'Jackpot' because the real one went through training and didnt want to go through with it. So now the first Jackpot is dead and the girl who didnt want to be a hero is going to be one.

But the reason for the misdirection of MJ as maybe Jackpot was so dumb. It seems that the girl who went through the training to be Jackpot saw MJ on a tv soap opera and MJ had used the "Face it tiger, you've hit the jackpot" line on the show. So then thats the reason the fake Jackpot called everyone Tiger.

I was very uneasy of the idea of Spiderman unmasking in the civil war at first. But came to see it as something that had to happen. In comics set in the future Spidermans real name was known. In one they said Spiderman was one of the most important superheroes of the golden age of heroes. Plus they even knew MJ was his wife. So I figured they would have to show his face sooner or later if the 'future' comics were cannon. But now Spidey is back to not showing his face because people he knows as Peter end up dead... who? Aunt May didnt die and was never shot in this AU. So who died Uncle Ben?

Marvel has to do something and not just with the Spiderman comics. The entire Marvel verse is so bad that I wouldnt care if it was 100% reset in some event like DC seems to do every other year.

Tony Stark seems to be running the world so much that its way beyond belief. Tons of heroes are still locked in the negative zone prisons. Plus Ms. Marvel is the biggest tool on the planet. She goes along with the 'party' line so much that she blames others when she brings her friends in for not registering. Just look how bad she screwed up the 'arrest' of the other spider woman that is now part of Canadas Omega Flight.

Back