Almost ten years of episode 1 !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed the very first scene. Thought it came damn close to capturing the mood of the originals. But it went downhill fast. Still, could have been worse. I probably haven't seen it in 7-8 years, so I should probably give it another look.

I can still remember my sense of bewilderment as I left the theater. The Trade Federation aliens with their horrible Asian stereotype voices, Jar Jar's indecipherable gibberish, baby Anakin dropping cheesy pick-up lines, a race sequence that seemed to last forever, Darth Maul just standing there and letting Obi-Wan cut him in half. A new Star Wars movie after all those years, and I didn't like it... man, I was bummed out.

Yeah, those prequels just felt hokey to me, but since I don't really treat them as "real" Star Wars, it doesn't bother me that much. Movies worth watching, just not very often, IMO.

Any of the light saber battles in the prequels are plagued with those moments when someone becomes an idiot and forgets how to swing their weapon.

And even in the Phantom Menace duel at one point Qui-Gon knocks Darth Maul off the catwalk and he lands on his back... so then Qui-Gon jumps directly down beside him.. does Darth Maul simply swing his light saber and cut off his legs? nope he just kicks Qui-Gon on the back/butt in a move that must be more difficult

I thought the swinging the light sabres around in a circle for no good reason (like a cheer leader would with a baton) got really ridiculous. Seems like they were constantly doing that.

I thought the swinging the light sabres around in a circle for no good reason (like a cheer leader would with a baton) got really ridiculous. Seems like they were constantly doing that.

Oh, how I hate that! Give me the more formal samurai duel/fencing saber fights of the OT over all of that superfluous twirling around anyday. It's like watching those gymnasts that dance around with ribbons in the Olympics.

How do you really feel?

I just try to focus on the good stuff and ignore the bad. To be honest, most of my favorite moments from the prequels are in TPM, but most of my least favorite moments are in it as well. The other movies are "better" overall but to me don't reach the heights that TPM reached at its best.

I think TPM is better Than AOTC

Also,I think Lucas wanted the Battle Droids to look worthless, so Clones would look like a much better option for an Army.

To anyone celebrating International Star Wars Day on Monday: May the fourth be with you...

I have a lot of criticism toward Lucas, and TPM could have been a lot better, but my son loves watching it and it really gives us something we enjoy together.
As bad as the bad parts are, watching it through the eyes of your child gives you a different perspective.

I was glad when able to watched it, a new Star Wars movie!! I waited for that my entire life. I was 23, went with my friends at the cinema and enjoyed it. I liked Qui Gon, Maul and his cool double saber and fighting style, battle droids, space fights and Coruscant. Didn't like Jar Jar and young Ani and sometimes the same battle droids acting stupid (ROTS is the worst by having stupid battle droids acting like clowns) :monkey4

I can still remember my sense of bewilderment as I left the theater. The Trade Federation aliens with their horrible Asian stereotype voices, Jar Jar's indecipherable gibberish, baby Anakin dropping cheesy pick-up lines, a race sequence that seemed to last forever, Darth Maul just standing there and letting Obi-Wan cut him in half. A new Star Wars movie after all those years, and I didn't like it... man, I was bummed out.

I agree with all of those. Adding in the fact that Anakin built 3PO.. give me a break. And the "immacualte conception" comparing Anakin to Jesus was a bit of a stretch.

All the fight with maul is very good , but very and very poor the ending .....obi defeat maul very easy , really could have done a more honorable end for maul .:emperor

I agree with all of those. Adding in the fact that Anakin built 3PO.. give me a break. And the "immacualte conception" comparing Anakin to Jesus was a bit of a stretch.

That I think was totally ridiculous. If C-3PO would had been the only one of its kind it would had been more believable. But there are several like him. That is like me saying, I want a Ferrari but since I can't afford one I will just build my own, and voila, there it is. Exactly like the original, no one can tell the difference.

:angelsmil

Luis

I liked the BattleDroids from Episode I but they sucked hard with their babytalk in Episode III.

Yeah, I don't know why, I feel like I shouldn't have liked them but I even liked them then, and in the Clone Wars cartoon. I like the humour, what can I say?

That being said, the worst things about Episode I was clearly Jar-Jar Binks and young Anakin. I hated that "are you an angel" line, but now that I see that "angels" are a kind of cool alien race in the Clone Wars, it's not so bad I guess.

Didn't like how they explained the Force with midichlorians. That really seemed unnecessary. I don't think anyone cared to hear how the Force worked - the mystery was part of the appeal of Star Wars. The "immaculate conception" thing was dumb, too.

I didn't really care that Anakin built C-3PO... It's like he found the parts of the droid and restored him, like one would do with classic cars. Nothing wrong with that.

Jar Jar could have been done much better, Jake Lloyd would have probably done a much better job of acting if he had a director that pulled a performance out of him instead of giving him a script and telling him to act.
C3P0 and Anakin is no big deal to me.
The immaculate conception is supposed to leave the possibility open that Anakin was the result of Darth Plagueis manipulating the midichlorians to create life.
The midichlorian explanation sucks on many levels, not the least of which is that the more midichlorians a being has the more powerful in the Force they are, but if every living thing has them, then wouldn't the largest 'blue whale' sized creature kick the crap out of Yoda, who being smaller, has many less cells...he obviously needed a vehicle to make Anakin's exceptionalism quantifiable but the vehicle could have been much better.

Back