Almost ten years of episode 1 !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're feeling nostalgic about the 10 year anniversary of Ep I and not sure on how to celebrate then I'd suggest checking out FANBOYS-- I watched it today and it had some good laughs.

:maul Watched it multiple times in the theatre (I think I saw it seven or eight times) and despite the obvious bad (Jar Jar.. Yipee...) I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was.

If you're feeling nostalgic about the 10 year anniversary of Ep I and not sure on how to celebrate then I'd suggest checking out FANBOYS-- I watched it today and it had some good laughs.

:maul Watched it multiple times in the theatre (I think I saw it seven or eight times) and despite the obvious bad (Jar Jar.. Yipee...) I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was.

yeahhhhh i have pre ordered :chew:chew

Back then, when Battle Droids weren't stupid...

OOM-9 kicked ass...I even had an idea for some fanfiction involving him...

The Battle Droids were cheapened, yeah. They shouldn't had been used for that long... much less dumbed down and used for comic relief.

I agree about the battle droids. I'm sure Lucas wanted them to be things that nobody could feel too bad about destroying in great numbers, but they should have made them at least a little menacing, rather than straight comic relief.

I think Episode 1 has gotten better with age. I still think it's the weakest in the saga, but I like it a lot more than I use to.

All I know like a fool I went to the TRU first night to selling all the Episode 1 toys and bought over $350 worth of stuff. Man was it a feeding frenzy like I have never seen.. Now that same stuff might be worth $100...might.
You could hear crickets chirp on the first day of sale on Episode II stuff...
Gary:chew

I really liked the Battle Droids. I don't know why, but I do.

It certainly had it's good parts, Qui-Gon, Maul & to see the beginnings of Obi Wan & Palpatine's rise to power, sadly for me we saw Anakin a bit too young & the humour with Jar jar was way off the mark

I was 10 at the time. I remember being so excited, and all the hype surrounding it. Although I left the theatre not liking the film, I have since decided that it's not so bad, but definitely one of my least favorites of the Saga.

LOVE
A lot of the designs
The Score
Qui-Gon
Darth Maul
Obi-Wan
Senator Palpatine
Watto
The Duel

HATE
The Editing
Jar Jar
Jake Lloyd
The Hanna Barbera Laff-A-Lympics (aka The Pod Race)
Poo & Fart Jokes
Mongoloid Yoda Puppet (at least this has be fixed)
Captain Panaka
Gungans
Ending Space Battle

The whole beginning of the movie, up to when Obi says the line about the negotiations being short, is some of my favorite stuff of the whole saga to watch, for example: Seeing the 2 Jedi exhibiting their powers with force running, hack n slash n, Qui-gon burying the saber blade into the blast doors, and the appearance of Sids and Maul. Great get your blood pumping stuff. Check out this dudes write up/opinion of Episode 1. It is a good read. https://www.lardbiscuit.com/lard/ilovetpm.html

10 years have passed? Dang, where did all that time go. Do you guys think the movie holds up over time? I just re watched it and it still rocks minus Jar Jar and that whinny Anakin....still, a great film

Even though the movie sucked....it had an impact on me. I was 8 I think, I bought all the toys, and everything that had to do with Darth Maul....

Opening day, my dad took me out of school, we got food, then saw it. Awesome day.

Back