ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Yeah, might bite on the Takara Sideswipe just to "contribute to the cause" actually. :)

This is the Sideswipe I want

He was my Favorite Autobot Car,so its a no-brainer

hopefully Sunstreaker,Mirage,Jazz,Prowl,Tracks are not far behind

Even if MP Sideswipe does well licensing issues could easily derail plans to make other Autobot cars so I'm taking nothing for granted.

After MP Rodimus was announced many people thought Galvatron was a cert for the next new mold and look what happened, or to be more exact what didn't happen.

If another one happens I expect it'll be the Nissan trio because Takara already have a business relationship with the company from the Alternity line and can get at least 5 different variants from the mold.

Wow Nick, you've been busy! Good pics!

Stepper looks great. I take it you'll be getting Artfire as well, then?

Even if MP Sideswipe does well licensing issues could easily derail plans to make other Autobot cars so I'm taking nothing for granted.

After MP Rodimus was announced many people thought Galvatron was a cert for the next new mold and look what happened, or to be more exact what didn't happen.

If another one happens I expect it'll be the Nissan trio because Takara already have a business relationship with the company from the Alternity line and can get at least 5 different variants from the mold.

Yeah, you can never take anything for granted when it comes to upcoming TF releases.

It's nice to think that we'll probably be able to get a Red Alert and (hopefully) a properly designed Sunstreaker (that's not a Sideswipe retool).

I think it's probably safe to say we'll get Prowl and company, as you say, but I would still expect to do a bit of mixing and matching with Classics and third party figures.

Well I finally caved on Prime toys and bought a Voyager Bulkhead. I saw him in Target last week and passed and I've been having the dreams ever since.

Deak, what do you think of Voyager Starscream? I keep seeing him around and he looks pretty cool, at least in bot mode.

Yeah, you can never take anything for granted when it comes to upcoming TF releases.

It's nice to think that we'll probably be able to get a Red Alert and (hopefully) a properly designed Sunstreaker (that's not a Sideswipe retool).

I think it's probably safe to say we'll get Prowl and company, as you say, but I would still expect to do a bit of mixing and matching with Classics and third party figures.

Agreed, I can't see the likes of Mirage, Hound, Skids, Kup or Blurr being made in the MP line as there's little repaint potential but if more Autobot car molds ARE planned after Sideswipe/Red Alert it's almost guaranteed that the 3rd parties will take note and fill some of the gaps.

Well I finally caved on Prime toys and bought a Voyager Bulkhead. I saw him in Target last week and passed and I've been having the dreams ever since.

Deak, what do you think of Voyager Starscream? I keep seeing him around and he looks pretty cool, at least in bot mode.

Hate PRID Bulkhead and Starscream is ok. I think the FE deluxe is way better.

Good Transformers day today. Got a bunch of great sealed Beast Wars TM2 figures: Megatron, Tigerhawk, Cheetor and Dinobot.

And I will be opening them (once we move). :)

Also finally got a chance to read Last Stand of the Wreckers, which was great. Totally want that iGear Impactor now.

Agreed, I can't see the likes of Mirage, Hound, Skids, Kup or Blurr being made in the MP line as there's little repaint potential but if more Autobot car molds ARE planned after Sideswipe/Red Alert it's almost guaranteed that the 3rd parties will take note and fill some of the gaps.

That's too bad, because we really need a good Mirage. Classics is okay, but TOO Classics, not G1 enough.

It's funny. I almost feel like I should be dumping the Classics cars now that more G1 accurate versions are on the horizon (whether official or third party), but I've come to love them too much. I could see myself possibly getting a Henkei Prime, UM w/FP City Commander, maybe even Ironhide and Ratchet... But we'll see once I have to pay for an MP Sideswipe.

Speaking of Mirage, is it going to be more difficult for Hasbro/Takara to get licensing rights to the race cars, because of all the sponsor logos?

So since Lamborghini is owned by VW, then we COULD see:

Bumblebee (VW)
Jazz (Porshe) (only one mold but the same transformation mechanism as the fairldayZ so a possibility):pray:
Sunstreaker (Lamborghini)
Red Alert (Lamborghini)

Also from Nissan:

Prowl
Bluestreak
Smokescream

IF Toyota is also in on the action:

Ironhide
Ratchet
Trailbreaker
Hoist
Inferno (Fuso)
Grapple (Fuso)
Camshaft

A better mag scan of Mp12 and the Mp13 teaser pic. Its gotta be soundwave.... Will be getting both!
LHyod_1337779001.jpg
That's what passes for a $100 Masterpiece figure these days? Glad I got out of the line when I did.

Walking thru walmart tonight and finally found me a PRID Starscream. Been looking forever, I found bulkhead also, but wasnt diggin how his chest looks hollowed out in the middle. Either way Im sure i'll regret not picking him up. SS is awesome though. Him and Megs were the only ones I really cared about.

Ironhide
Ratchet
Trailbreaker
Hoist
Inferno (Fuso)
Grapple (Fuso)
Camshaft

Well, since iGear's doing Ironhide and Ratchet, I don't mind if we never see them.

They could probably get away with more "generic" alt modes for Trailbreaker, Hoist, Inferno or Grapple, though. No real need for a license there, I think.

I'm actually a little dismayed that the MP line seems to have evolved into a way to charge MP prices for Alternators.

Well, to be fair, Alternators was a long while ago, and we don't actually know what they'll be charging for the MP Sideswipe-sized figures...

So since Lamborghini is owned by VW, then we COULD see:

Bumblebee (VW)
Jazz (Porshe) (only one mold but the same transformation mechanism as the fairldayZ so a possibility):pray:
Sunstreaker (Lamborghini)
Red Alert (Lamborghini)

Also from Nissan:

Prowl
Bluestreak
Smokescream

Ironhide
Ratchet
Trailbreaker
Hoist
Inferno (Fuso)
Grapple (Fuso)
Camshaft

Don't forget,
Cliffjumper ( Porsche 924 )
Stepper ( Jazz repaint )

There's also 3 possible variants of Bluestreak eg,

Diaclone ( blue )
G1 toy ( silver )
G1 cartoon ( silver with black hood )

DPrime,
Glad you like Last Stand of the Wreckers, did you get the TPB or the hardcover edition?

Good point on the sponsor thing and when you look at the repaint potential of the characters with those alt modes it puts them way down the list of likely candidates for an official update....but straight to the top as potential 3rd party additions.

Last edited:
Bah. I have to slum it with Amurrica releases. I'd love to pick up that FE Bulkhead but not gonna make it rain on some Mos Eisbay villainy.

I'm just comparing the two, I had PRID BH but I returned him. Trust me, I don't think this is the last time we see that mold for good ol' Bulky.

Back