ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean seriously?

If you let urself be objective for a moment, youll ralise Faith leader's design is a bit dated (afterall it is ripped off from the MP01 design). MP10 looks sooo much better.

The only major complaint that should be on your list is the cankle calves of MP10. It bugged me a little when I first saw the pics but I honestly didn't even noticed it when I held it in hand at the local hobby shop and it looked so good that I actually bought it on the spot.

MP01 was the complete opposite; it looked so good in the pictures but when I first opened the box I was actually a little bit disappointed initially...although admittedly the design grew on me.

Things I dislike about the MP-10 mold,

1.It has gorilla arms.

2.The headsculpt.

3.The grill.

4.The stumpy rifle.

5.G1 Prime has been done to death, another new version wasn't needed especially with the existence of Faith Leader.

I mean seriously?

If you let urself be objective for a moment, youll ralise Faith leader's design is a bit dated (afterall it is ripped off from the MP01 design). MP10 looks sooo much better.

The only major complaint that should be on your list is the cankle calves of MP10. It bugged me a little when I first saw the pics but I honestly didn't even noticed it when I held it in hand at the local hobby shop and it looked so good that I actually bought it on the spot.

MP01 was the complete opposite; it looked so good in the pictures but when I first opened the box I was actually a little bit disappointed initially...although admittedly the design grew on me.

Your opinion. Not mine.

For my money Faith Leader is the only G1 style Prime worth owning and MP10 is a shining example of the mediocrity that plagues the vast majority of official Transformer products these days.

HEY! This is an internet discussion forum! There are no "opinions" in an internet discussion forum! You either be "objective" and believe in others' bias opinions, or just delete your profile!

You free thinkers are nothing but trouble makers! You don't do nothing 'cept ruin objectivenessism for the rest of 'em!! :mad::mad::mad:

:D

You guys see the new pics on TFW2005?

mp13_1337694188.jpg

I'm liking the size of that Sideswipe. :)

As for the silhouette, I can't tell. I guess I'd go with Soundwave, but who knows?

To be quite honest, if we get the Fanstoys Soundwave eventually I'd rather have something else come out of Takara, but it might be nice to have the choice of two molds, too.

I really like Takara's version of Knockout, too. Much nicer than the Hasbro paint job.

Things I dislike about the MP-10 mold,

1.It has gorilla arms.

2.The headsculpt.

3.The grill.

4.The stumpy rifle.

5.G1 Prime has been done to death, another new version wasn't needed especially with the existence of Faith Leader.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, to be quite honest. Those are all reasons I PREFER Faith Leader, but I will probably pick up an American version of MP-10 too. I might just do it for the alt mode/trailer.

You need to score a third and send me one lol. They actually just started showing up in my area, I need to get out and look for one.

And a fourth for me. :)

MP Sideswipe looks like he'll be around the same scale as iGear's Ironhide & Ratchet....perfect for displaying with Faith Leader and their next lot of Minibots :yess:

I still hope that Sunstreaker gets his own mold because it would suck if they made a new head and just repaint 'Swipe.

The silohuette definitely looks like Soundwave but it's going to have to look pretty damn special to beat the Fans Toys design which is about as close to perfect as can be....my final decision could rest on who's tapes look better.

At US prices with the inevitable clearance sales MP-10 and indeed many other Hasbro products are undoubtedly more appealing but UK prices are usually twice that so it's something I always have to consider when forming an opinion.

Takara's MP-10 would cost me around £200 plus the possibility of customs charges and Hasbro's will likely be around £120-£150 which just isn't worth it to me even if I liked the design and I don't really like having more than one version of each character in my collection anyway....Universe Sideswipe and Henkei Red Alert are now on "death row" :wink1:

Last edited:
You guys see the new pics on TFW2005?

mp13_1337694188.jpg

It says that they will announce MP-13 at the Tokyo Toy Show which runs on June 16-17. I think it is soundwave. Some people say that it is red alert or some other mold of sideswipe but if you see at the MP-12 pic you can clearly see he has a back plate that does not show on the shadow pic of MP-13. Anyways, I HOPE it is soundwave, he is long overdue.

As for sideswipe, I think he is too small:( If prime is about 25cm tall, he will be what 15cm? That would make him smaller than an alternator/binartech which has a 1/24 scale car size, IMO the perfect size for him.

MP-12 looks good, but will wait for a full test shot to be shown. MP-13 just is screaming Soundwave, with the pic looking just like the Music Label version.

great shots, deak!

i picked up a vehicon this a.m. at target. i'd like to have a few more as they look pretty cool. first transformer i have picked up in a while (since prime soundwave).

Awesome pics Nick.

Did you have to modify Starscream at all so he could hold that blaster? I hear it's a bit heavy...

FansProject reveal Warbot Assaulter AKA Broadside,
broadside.png

Wreck 'N Rule! :yess:

A company called R Design are making a Classics BB reshelled as a VW Beetle,
g1bb.jpg

bb2.jpg

I'd probably find some way of removing the doors from the robot mode arms to really give it a proper G1 look but with iGear's version not likely to surface for a long time it's pretty tempting.

R Design, eh? never heard of them.

I thought iGear was working on something like that, though?

Aweswome pics Deak!

great shots, deak!

i picked up a vehicon this a.m. at target. i'd like to have a few more as they look pretty cool. first transformer i have picked up in a while (since prime soundwave).

Thanks guys!

Awesome pics Nick.

Did you have to modify Starscream at all so he could hold that blaster? I hear it's a bit heavy...

No mods, the figures hand fits in perfectly. And yeah it's a little heavy but as you can see the figure holds it pretty well.

R Design, eh? never heard of them.

I thought iGear was working on something like that, though?

Seems as if they're another newcomer.

iGear's Bumblebee plans seem to have changed a bit as first they showed a WIP of a New Beetle reshell of the Classics mold which never surfaced, then they did that Universe 2.0 Legends figure with a Beetle alt mode before finally revealing PP04 which appears to be a new mold,

ppbb.jpg

This is also the one that's going to be reshelled as a Porsche 924 for Cliffjumper but iGear and their buddies seem to have so many projects in the works that it's difficult to predict what's going to be released next.

I think they're trying to get Ironhide & Ratchet out ASAP but have ran into production issues with the factory they're using and have delayed things until they're satisfied as if they rushed a defective product out their already shaky reputation would be sunk.

Once they're finally out I reckon it'll be Brawn & Cosmos next then they'll either go back to PP04 or Impactor, or the Sharkticon, or....OK I don't really know! :lol

iGear also seem to be releasing Minibots in waves of 2 so there's likely to be another reveal for one to go with Gears....I'd pick Windcharger as he's another series 1 character that's never had a decent representation in toy form.

A better mag scan of Mp12 and the Mp13 teaser pic. Its gotta be soundwave.... Will be getting both!
LHyod_1337779001.jpg

It is Soundwave!

just as the rumors were true before

and if Sideswipe sells well,count on more Autobot cars

^ Yeah, might bite on the Takara Sideswipe just to "contribute to the cause" actually. :)

Back