ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife makes fun of me because I am a sucker for movie/tv show tie-ins with anything in the supermarket (why buy fruit snacks when you can get Batman fruit snacks?) but WHO could resist this???

DSC_0001-15.jpg

My personal preference are the "generations/classics style" toys. Anything that looks like the G1 cartoon and/or comic counterparts, but have modern articulation and styling.

My enthusiasm for the modern styling has waned since iGear have shown how good Classics could have been had they stuck strictly to the original designs.

When they're finally released Ironhide and Ratchet will blow away any official Classics and the same goes for Brawn & Gears.

Put those 4 in a display with Faith Leader ( as I plan to ) and you'll have the beginnings of an "ultimate" set of series 1 Autobots.

With luck someone else will also do the Nissan trio, a Porsche 935 Jazz and a Lancia Stratos Wheeljack and I can get rid of the official counterparts with their crappy generic alt modes.

If this happens, I will instantly buy a Faith Leader and Ironhide

Might be best to try and get Faith Leader ASAP as they're becoming scarce especially since the 3rd run was cancelled.

Apparently iGear want to do the complete series 1 cast but given their lack of resources in comparison to Has/Tak it might take a while....the trouble they've had with the production of Ironhide and Ratchet will obviously have set their other plans back a fair bit.

There's also a possibility that Masterpiece Sideswipe is the first of a rumored set of smaller scaled MP's and if it's a success there's a good chance of Takara releasing some others....the Nissan trio would be an obvious choice due to the repaint potential.

That being said my money would be on the 3rd parties to deliver ahead of Takara because they don't have things like licensing issues to get in their way :lol

My wife makes fun of me because I am a sucker for movie/tv show tie-ins with anything in the supermarket (why buy fruit snacks when you can get Batman fruit snacks?) but WHO could resist this???

DSC_0001-15.jpg

How was it? :)

My enthusiasm for the modern styling has waned since iGear have shown how good Classics could have been had they stuck strictly to the original designs.

When they're finally released Ironhide and Ratchet will blow away any official Classics and the same goes for Brawn & Gears.

Put those 4 in a display with Faith Leader ( as I plan to ) and you'll have the beginnings of an "ultimate" set of series 1 Autobots.

With luck someone else will also do the Nissan trio, a Porsche 935 Jazz and a Lancia Stratos Wheeljack and I can get rid of the official counterparts with their crappy generic alt modes.

oh, I totally agree, but I'll pick up what I can, as it's offered. I pre-ordered and paid for ironhide and Ratchet back in December, and have both the igear prime, and ultra magnus already.

I favor stouts and heavier brews but I've been trying to broaden my horizons to lighter stuff. For a hoppy beer it's pretty good - a kind of pine-y taste. Didn't realize how heavy the alcohol content was.

I'm more of a lager guy myself. I'll have to try it - but man, 9%! Didn't see that either.

oh, I totally agree, but I'll pick up what I can, as it's offered. I pre-ordered and paid for ironhide and Ratchet back in December, and have both the igear prime, and ultra magnus already.

I keep looking at Ultra Leader as it looks nice and the anime head in Prime colors is also something I'd like but the lack of armor/trailer is a bit off putting.

I know iGear planned it at one point but the project then got shelved so whether it may be revisited somewhere down the line I don't know.

There's also a possibility that armor may be made for the MP10 Prime mold as one of the Takara designers did a mock up using the G1 Magnus when some of the first pics emerged so maybe it'll actually happen.

I can't stand the MP10 version of Prime but if it had decent looking Ultra Magnus armor to go over the top of a white repaint I'd perhaps get one as I want a better Ultra Magnus for my display than City Commander which is already starting to look a bit crappy compared to more recent 3rd party releases.

I keep looking at Ultra Leader as it looks nice and the anime head in Prime colors is also something I'd like but the lack of armor/trailer is a bit off putting.

I know iGear planned it at one point but the project then got shelved so whether it may be revisited somewhere down the line I don't know.

There's also a possibility that armor may be made for the MP10 Prime mold as one of the Takara designers did a mock up using the G1 Magnus when some of the first pics emerged so maybe it'll actually happen.

I can't stand the MP10 version of Prime but if it had decent looking Ultra Magnus armor to go over the top of a white repaint I'd perhaps get one as I want a better Ultra Magnus for my display than City Commander which is already starting to look a bit crappy compared to more recent 3rd party releases.

I'm with you. It's hard to resist the iGear version at $69 shipped, but without the armour, it's not really UM. I'm still hoping for an official one; I certainly don't hate the MP-10 mold as much as you seem to! I will probably end up buying the US version when it comes out, actually, though I will be keeping Faith Leader I think.

I'm with you. It's hard to resist the iGear version at $69 shipped, but without the armour, it's not really UM. I'm still hoping for an official one; I certainly don't hate the MP-10 mold as much as you seem to! I will probably end up buying the US version when it comes out, actually, though I will be keeping Faith Leader I think.

Things I dislike about the MP-10 mold,

1.It has gorilla arms.

2.The headsculpt.

3.The grill.

4.The stumpy rifle.

5.G1 Prime has been done to death, another new version wasn't needed especially with the existence of Faith Leader.

Last edited:
Putting aside the ethical debate, I do prefer Faith Leader to MP 01 but I also think MP 10 is a necessity moving forward with the MP line. I will be very happy if I can get one from TRU. :)

I must say Faith Leader is one of my personal favorites. I have Mp-01, Mp Ultra Magnus and Ultra Leader also. They all have awesomeness in their own ways. The Mp's all share their section of my display,while IGears stay in bot mode with my G1/Classics figures,which are in alt mode. It works really well. Once the US MP-10 releases, Ill buy him and display him with MP-01 and only in alt mode,I think he really shines that way.

Back