ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still fail to see how Buster Prime is a massive let down...

Wait, why do you even care about the paint the figure comes with? You paint all of your stuff eventually

Dubz rarely keeps his own work as he tends to get OCD about the detailing and would never leave any of them alone so he prefers to keep his own collection as they come from the packaging.

I have a rather pointless question but i am trying to make a point to a really annoying person i know and wonder if someone would help me out :D

in T-2 ROTF, where is Bumblebee's Autobot emblem\symbol when in Camaro form??

Thanks to all for taking the time to answer :D

I have a rather pointless question but i am trying to make a point to a really annoying person i know and wonder if someone would help me out :D

in T-2 ROTF, where is Bumblebee's Autobot emblem\symbol when in Camaro form??

Thanks to all for taking the time to answer :D

Steering wheel.

I still fail to see how Buster Prime is a massive let down...

Wait, why do you even care about the paint the figure comes with? You paint all of your stuff eventually

Have you seen the early photos of buster prime? Compare those to how he looks now and you'll see what i mean.
To point out the differences incase you havnt or cant find the early photos:
Less chrome. Before he was gonna have chrome everywhere, now all you get is a chrome grille and sun visors, the rest that SHOULD be chrome is the dull grey plastic. Urgh.

The blue and red paint isnt as shiny or vibrant as it was before either, and all the robot mode parts lack detail again compared to the early photos.

I shouldnt have to repaint my toys to look good, what if i couldnt repaint them? Then what would i do?

In what way?

See above

Dubz rarely keeps his own work as he tends to get OCD about the detailing and would never leave any of them alone so he prefers to keep his own collection as they come from the packaging.

This.
Like i said i shouldnt HAVE to repaint my toys to look half decent, and i rarely do for the reasons BCM mentioned. I dont think it is much to ask for a decent paintjob. People always defend hasbro because they have "budgets" to work with. Ok then, but why do the moulds look so awesome before paint? Obviously the whole "budget" thing goes out the window since they spend fortunes makign an amazing mould, but dont bother with decent paint apps cos all they want to do is get the toy on the shelves asap to start making money. If their budgets were so tight they wouldnt make thesetoys so detailed and complex in the first place. The whole paint thing is simply down to lazyness and penny pinching. If they only spent a quarter of the amount of money and time on the paint im sure we wouldnt be havign this conversation.

Have you seen the early photos of buster prime? Compare those to how he looks now and you'll see what i mean.

Jul21_2009_170.jpg

41_8247_8fd76c94013d493.jpg

2mfj1uv.jpg

https://www.toyhobby.jp/movie/2009/20091008_TF/tf01/index.html

Less chrome. Before he was gonna have chrome everywhere, now all you get is a chrome grille and sun visors, the rest that SHOULD be chrome is the dull grey plastic. Urgh.

YOU take a look at the photos I just posted: All exactly the same figure, even the one in the 360 viewer. He was never going to have "chrome everywhere", and thank god for that because it would all be scratched away in a matter of days. And it's not "dull grey" either; it's the same silver that Deep Space Starscream has.

The blue and red paint isnt as shiny or vibrant as it was before either, and all the robot mode parts lack detail again compared to the early photos.

Lighting is a funny thing. The red and blue are still better then the first release though, and the flames look fantastic with that white pinstriping. Oh, and the colors are pretty much orrect everywhere; the only things he could use is more gold detailing in places and some silver to cover the half-red of the shoulderpiece.

Urm...none of these pictures match the 360 view. You just confirmed my point dude. I own deep space starscream and this is NOT the same color. BTW Vac-metalized chrome doesnt chip off...unless you are letting some 3-year old play with it.
Either way theres obviously a clear difference/lack of paint compared to the first photos or else we wouldnt be complaining, and those differences are clear in the pics you posted lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/YLwOgrbqbUc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/YLwOgrbqbUc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The last few seconds of that song sum up this conversation between you two.

And Buster looks amazing still. So lets just have peace.

Urm...none of these pictures match the 360 view. You just confirmed my point dude. I own deep space starscream and this is NOT the same color. BTW Vac-metalized chrome doesnt chip off...unless you are letting some 3-year old play with it.
Either way theres obviously a clear difference/lack of paint compared to the first photos or else we wouldnt be complaining, and those differences are clear in the pics you posted lol

There is NOT a clear difference. The only difference is in the lighting. The 360 view LOOKS cheaper because it has white all around it, and white always responds weirdly to light.

Take a closer look, and you will notice the shadow and light play on the silver. The red and blue looks different from each angle as well, though the red does seem a little less shiny then in the promo pics, but only a little, and it's still tons better then what is on the regular release.

But he should be released soon; you will see then that I'm right. :)

As for the chrome chipping: With how complicated this mold is, that chrome would be scratched to hell in one or two transformations. Chrome is way too damn fragile, IMO.

Saw a bunch of the TRU reissue G1 Perceptor and Insecticon sets tonight in case anyone is looking for them, hit your TRU's.

but what Hasbro Transformer doesn't have a horrible paint job?

In the ROTF lines only the Human Alliance stuff is worthy of being displayed without major custom work so once the other 2 are out that'll be a paltry 5 releases out of however many dozens that have been released.

Based on the photos that Ra88 posted, I don't believe Buster was ever all-chrome, nor would I want him to be. The only thing in those images that may have changed is the gloss and richness of the red; the most recent pictures are washed out by comparison, which is contributing to his seemingly less-vibrant appearance.

I' dont know if someone posted this already.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fa6AkaWEIds&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fa6AkaWEIds&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think it looks amazing! When is this figure coming out?

Back