ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From now on, i only collect MP Transformers and maybe some vintage.I like this one so much that i think i will pick up Hasbro version MP StarScream.

fejg43.jpg

Do it he is awesome! Just be careful when you fold those wings, the hinges are very delicate.

$50 Canadian or US dollars doesn't equal the exact same amount in UK currency. We pay more. Period.

But I don't blame you for not grasping this as it seems many people in that part of the world don't either.

And saying the company THAT MAKES THE FIGURES has no responsibility over what gets released, where and how much they charge is ridiculous.

Who tells them then, some shadowy US government organisation ? :lol

QFT.

really eager for all the movie figures to go away, and the next version of universe to roll out.
Already got the only movie figure i really wanted.
The Brave little toaster.

$50 Canadian or US dollars doesn't equal the exact same amount in UK currency. We pay more. Period.

But I don't blame you for not grasping this as it seems many people in that part of the world don't either.

And saying the company THAT MAKES THE FIGURES has no responsibility over what gets released, where and how much they charge is ridiculous.

Who tells them then, some shadowy US government organisation ? :lol

Hasbro UK, Hasbro US, and Hasbro Canada all work separately from each other as far as distribution is concerned. As far as I know, the Hasbro in each country decides what gets released where, pending on what Hasbro U.S. can give them due to availibility. It is not ridiculous that a company has no control over what is released where and how much is charged. Hasbro does not work like Sideshow and sell directly to the customer, they sell the product to various retailers across the world, it is then up to the retailer to decide how much they want to sell the item for. I am aware of how much things cost in the UK, but it is not just Transformers that cost more, generally it is everything.

The only point I was trying to make is that the toys all get made in the same factories, they all get made the same way, and they all have the same production costs for Hasbro. Whether I buy it for $10 USD, $16 CDN or for 21 GBP, the cost to Hasbro is the same.

Do it :) Do you have MP Grimlock? He is an amazing figure as well.

Next year i will get him as most likely he will be released through TRU or Walmart..i am hoping Walmart..TRU's prices are the worst for many lines in general.

Well if history is any indication it will be Wal*Mart and not TRU. I'll pick him up there as long as his balls aren't clipped.

Next year i will get him as most likely he will be released through TRU or Walmart..i am hoping Walmart..TRU's prices are the worst for many lines in general.

You are in for a treat man. He is a really great toy. I hope they include the same accessories as the Takara version, there is something charming about a gigantic robotic T-Rex in an apron and bow tie :)

but it is not just Transformers that cost more, generally it is everything.

That's true enough, I guess I get a bit more angry about TF's as aside from Classic Doctor Who figures that's the main thing I collect these days.

I think a lot of frustration also comes from the fact that on occasion Hasbro CAN do more than just produce great engineering but just when they raise hope for a general increase in quality with things like the HUman Alliance line along comes another half assed Leader Class and it's back to square one.

This week should be a good one for my TF collection as I'm expecting to receive Hybrid Prime, the City Commander weapons set and MP Grimlock :banana

This week should be a good one for my TF collection as I'm expecting to receive Hybrid Prime, the City Commander weapons set and MP Grimlock :banana

You are in for a real treat dude. If you liked City Commander before the upgrade, you will love him after. It is amazing what a gun and a couple missile launchers can do. MP Grimlock is bad ass too, be careful though when transforming the chrome tail part into his legs, there is a screw that likes to rub against it and leave scratches on it.

You are in for a real treat dude. If you liked City Commander before the upgrade, you will love him after. It is amazing what a gun and a couple missile launchers can do. MP Grimlock is bad ass too, be careful though when transforming the chrome tail part into his legs, there is a screw that likes to rub against it and leave scratches on it.

I've currently got a couple of G1 Ultra Magnus missile launchers on my City Commander which work very well but more options are always nice and the new gun definitely adds a bit more uniqueness to the piece instead of using the same weapons as Classics/Henkei Prime.

Thanks for the tip on MP Grimlock , I want to take some outdoor pics of it as my garden is good for jungle type backdrops but want to protect the chrome as much as possible with it being such an expensive piece.

Leader class Starscream review by Peaugh, and thank GOD, this figure looks a LOT better in proper lighting. He's still, but the good kind of grey, not the kind that washes out details and is almost that pearly kind of plastic. Still underpainted, but not that bad fortunately. Really, all he needs is a few more extra gold details!

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9C2-FI5m96k&hl=nl&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9C2-FI5m96k&hl=nl&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

Cool review... not my kind of thing the toys but I tell ya my 6 years old son is crazy about these toys and mainly Bumblebee character, he has them all from a tiny one to the biggest one out there... actually it's his birthday today and I'm off soon, got him 'Transformers Deluxe Bumble Bee Costume' and this one to add to his neva-ending Bumbleebee collection: Transformers 2 Human Driver :)

Starscream looks better in that video but I still feel it's very bland in appearance and the open palmed hands look poor, their lack of proper articulation will severely limit the types of pose that will look effective as the hands convey so many different types of emotion.

I also have to ask whether Hasbro look at the CGI models for reference as the engines that are on the rear of the CGI model in robot mode are missing. While making them part of the transformation would have been tricky what was stopping them from making them add ons like the gun piece that goes over the hand? Laziness and/or cheapness.

Overall another overhyped but ultimately dull looking Movie toy that is in no way worth the UK RRP of £45.
I would pay £15-£20 at the most.

Last edited:
Yeah this is hardly the engineering marvel it was touted as being, very overhyped indeed. BUT i do like the look of him. The grey plastic is still typical hasbro lazyness but its not as bad as it could have been (leader prime).
I'll be buying this one though, as i want to display leader prime and megs and staracream together to recreate the forest battle. All we need now is an LC Grindor.

with the allmost complete lack of G1 goodness at the moment, i've been ignoring most of the transformer stuff... but i just discovered this today.

rmof8h.jpg

At first i thought it was a different head and hand set for masterpiece prime.

2ymzuox.jpg

But then i started to wonder why he was all gray... then i saw this.

2lbkhnc.jpg

5ov0ip.jpg

So yeah, i ???? bricks.

A universe scaled masterpiece prime.

anyone else gonna get this?

Nope. Don't want to give money to blatant knock-offs.

That said, I have no problems preordering that same company's amazing Teletran 1/Ark base set: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=IGR10005&mode=retail

An original piece doesn't bother me, but blatantly stealing and scaling down MP Prime just doesn't sit right with me. They are also releasing a similarly scaled MP Megatron KO.

Back