ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the photos that Ra88 posted, I don't believe Buster was ever all-chrome, nor would I want him to be. The only thing in those images that may have changed is the gloss and richness of the red; the most recent pictures are washed out by comparison, which is contributing to his seemingly less-vibrant appearance.

Why would you not want prime to be full of chrome? He has tons of chrome on him in the movie, so why wouldnt you want the toy to be an accurate representation, or at least make an attempt at being one.

Why would you not want prime to be full of chrome? He has tons of chrome on him in the movie, so why wouldnt you want the toy to be an accurate representation, or at least make an attempt at being one.

Because chrome looks pretty but SUCKS and should never be used beyond some vehicle parts, like on this figure.

Only thing worse then chrome is diecast...Has a very awesome feel and look to it, but you'd better never touch it because that paint will be GONE with just a few scrapes. I learned that the hard way with some of my Binaltech figures.:monkey2

Because chrome looks pretty but SUCKS and should never be used beyond some vehicle parts, like on this figure.

Only thing worse then chrome is diecast...Has a very awesome feel and look to it, but you'd better never touch it because that paint will be GONE with just a few scrapes. I learned that the hard way with some of my Binaltech figures.:monkey2

Urgh...where are you getting your information from dude? I have a premium TFTM Prime by takara and the chrome is perfect on it as the day i bought it. I also had, until recently, a RID ultra magnus which had a tone of chrome on it too and it was perfect as well. FACTORY applied Vac-metalized chrome is good stuff. It doesnt chip or scratch off unless you let a 3 year old with tourettes play with it, and which case everything will get chipped or broken off.

In the ROTF lines only the Human Alliance stuff is worthy of being displayed without major custom work so once the other 2 are out that'll be a paltry 5 releases out of however many dozens that have been released.

No offense man but what do you expect out of a $15 toy designed primarily for children?

No offense man but what do you expect out of a $15 toy designed primarily for children?

And that case why do we have more complex and detailed designs instead of the cheap and easy to build bricks from the 80's? Obviously they spend a lot of time and money designing and building the toy moulds, so why cant they at least put a little effort into the paint as well and put out a better product?

Oh, btw they dont cost $15 in the UK, try $50 for a HA, and $21 for a deluxe. Leaders are $75. Oh and then Hasbro cancels entire waves for no reason, so we have to pay EVEN MORE to import them.

Do you understand why we want them to put a little more effort into making a decent product now?

And that case why do we have more complex and detailed designs instead of the cheap and easy to build bricks from the 80's? Obviously they spend a lot of time and money designing and building the toy moulds, so why cant they at least put a little effort into the paint as well and put out a better product?

Oh, btw they dont cost $15 in the UK, try $50 for a HA, and $21 for a deluxe. Leaders are $75. Oh and then Hasbro cancels entire waves for no reason, so we have to pay EVEN MORE to import them.

Do you understand why we want them to put a little more effort into making a decent product now?

Well there only $12-$39 here so you can see why to some of us it isnt as big a deal. I think on average they come out with more better molds and paints then not. JMO

Well there only $12-$39 here so you can see why to some of us it isnt as big a deal. I think on average they come out with more better molds and paints then not. JMO

Thats my point right there. They often do, but the paint gets worse and worse and 99% of the time ruins all the awesome little details on the mold.

Urgh...where are you getting your information from dude? I have a premium TFTM Prime by takara and the chrome is perfect on it as the day i bought it. I also had, until recently, a RID ultra magnus which had a tone of chrome on it too and it was perfect as well. FACTORY applied Vac-metalized chrome is good stuff. It doesnt chip or scratch off unless you let a 3 year old with tourettes play with it, and which case everything will get chipped or broken off.

And my RiD Magnus is ^^^^ed up chrome wise, and I didn't even do that much with it! And I'm not the only one with paint problems as well. Unless you don't touch your figures at all, that paint WILL chip, and the only reason Takara's premium Prime hasn't chipped yet is because it's on relatively safe areas. And I'm talking from personal experience, and I know plenty of people who have the same problem with chrome.

But I still don't see the problem with Buster Prime's paint; he has chrome on the parts of the vehicle where it matters, and shiny Deep Space silver on pretty much everywhere else. Perfect solution IMO.

Not Hasbro's fault man, They have no control over what sells in different countries, and what various taxes are attached to the products being sold there. It costs the same to make a deluxe for Americans as it does Europeans. FYI HA figures are $50 in Canada, Leaders are $60, and deluxes are $16, not to mention figures sometimes never make it up here either, therefore I have to pay more to import them as well, just like I am sure we pay the same to pay for items from Japan, while if you live in Japan it costs less.

The only way we can expect to get better painted figures is if we pay more money, and considering most people blew a gasket the last time a deluxe went up a dollar in price, I don't really see it happening. Take a look around and see what other figures are packing at similar price points at mass retail and tell me you are not getting bang for your buck with a Transformer.

I remember when the MP Starscream was released. I saw a bunch of them only in one store and picked one up. I went a day or two later and they were wiped out. I never saw them in any Walmart again.

Took a shot of MP-01 Prime today, thought I'd post it here....

4083794641_175dfbfe8e_b.jpg

From now on, i only collect MP Transformers and maybe some vintage.I like this one so much that i think i will pick up Hasbro version MP StarScream.

fejg43.jpg

Not Hasbro's fault man, They have no control over what sells in different countries, and what various taxes are attached to the products being sold there. It costs the same to make a deluxe for Americans as it does Europeans. FYI HA figures are $50 in Canada, Leaders are $60, and deluxes are $16, not to mention figures sometimes never make it up here either, therefore I have to pay more to import them as well, just like I am sure we pay the same to pay for items from Japan, while if you live in Japan it costs less.

$50 Canadian or US dollars doesn't equal the exact same amount in UK currency. We pay more. Period.

But I don't blame you for not grasping this as it seems many people in that part of the world don't either.

And saying the company THAT MAKES THE FIGURES has no responsibility over what gets released, where and how much they charge is ridiculous.

Who tells them then, some shadowy US government organisation ? :lol

Back