ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a little bit of advice from you guys and I'm hoping you can help me out. I'm in the market to purchase the MP Grimlock and I want to see whats a good price for this piece. Locally I can purchase it for $150 out the door, but I might be able to talk the retailer down to $140 even. Would either of these prices be good or are they still kind of high? The one currently in stock is supposedly from the 1st release and not the current re-stock/re-issue. Does that make a difference? I would rather get it now than wait for the US release next year. Plus the overseas packaging is much nicer:D. I just want to make sure I don't overpay. What do you guys think?

I need a little bit of advice from you guys and I'm hoping you can help me out. I'm in the market to purchase the MP Grimlock and I want to see whats a good price for this piece. Locally I can purchase it for $150 out the door, but I might be able to talk the retailer down to $140 even. Would either of these prices be good or are they still kind of high? The one currently in stock is supposedly from the 1st release and not the current re-stock/re-issue. Does that make a difference? I would rather get it now than wait for the US release next year. Plus the overseas packaging is much nicer:D. I just want to make sure I don't overpay. What do you guys think?

I'm in the UK so can't speak on what other US dealers have been charging but $150 isn't too bad, it's what mine is costing me including shipping from Hong Kong so if you can get another $10 off that then go for it.

The US release will almost certainly be cheaper but it will likely look noticeably cheaper too due to Hasbro's inherent laziness when it comes to making their products look like a decent amount of effort was spent on detailing them.

I bought both versions of their MP Prime and had to return each one as they suffered from defective parts and piss poor paint apps which ultimately put me off the toy altogether so there was no way I was going to risk something similar happening with Grimlock.

Hasbro US isn't responsible for the actions of Hasbro Europe, though. Hasbro Europe is more the Action Man/boardgame people that are distributing the US 'crap'. And it becomes even more muddled because every country has it's own Hasbro department, that can distribute and set prices the way they want to....Imagine if every state in the US would get it's own Hasbro department, then it would become a major mess as well.

Then there are the stores that sell them for far above the retail price...Last year with one of the Dutch TF conventions there was this Hasbro NL guy who said that the TFs should retail far closer to the US prices but that the stores keep jacking them up.

But the biggest hurdle of all is one simple fact: Toys are barely being sold in Europe anymore. At least we can still BUY Transformers here; other companies like Mattel don't even bother anymore. Sad, but true. :( At least it's nice and cheap to import with today's current go rates, and then there are sites like Archonia usually getting stuff quite cheap.

I'm in the UK so can't speak on what other US dealers have been charging but $150 isn't too bad, it's what mine is costing me including shipping from Hong Kong so if you can get another $10 off that then go for it.

The US release will almost certainly be cheaper but it will likely look noticeably cheaper too due to Hasbro's inherent laziness when it comes to making their products look like a decent amount of effort was spent on detailing them.

I bought both versions of their MP Prime and had to return each one as they suffered from defective parts and piss poor paint apps which ultimately put me off the toy altogether so there was no way I was going to risk something similar happening with Grimlock.

Thanks for the advice. Do you think that the original Takara release from earlier this year is different in any way from the Takara re-release/restock that just became available(like what BBTS just received)?

Hasbro US isn't responsible for the actions of Hasbro Europe, though. Hasbro Europe is more the Action Man/boardgame people that are distributing the US 'crap'. And it becomes even more muddled because every country has it's own Hasbro department, that can distribute and set prices the way they want to....Imagine if every state in the US would get it's own Hasbro department, then it would become a major mess as well.

Then there are the stores that sell them for far above the retail price...Last year with one of the Dutch TF conventions there was this Hasbro NL guy who said that the TFs should retail far closer to the US prices but that the stores keep jacking them up.

But the biggest hurdle of all is one simple fact: Toys are barely being sold in Europe anymore. At least we can still BUY Transformers here; other companies like Mattel don't even bother anymore. Sad, but true. :( At least it's nice and cheap to import with today's current go rates, and then there are sites like Archonia usually getting stuff quite cheap.

I get what you're saying but I guess I've reached the point where I've decided to say "enough is enough" with Hasbro and if I can't get it at retail, I won't bother as I hate paying the ever increasing international shipping charges ( in the UK at least ) for items that aren't painted to what I consider a reasonable level eg something like the Human Alliance line which is the best job Hasbro have done with any of the movie lines.

The cancellation of Deluxe wave 4 was what angered me the most as I wanted the ice cream truck more than any other main line toy from ROTF but instead of paying the £12.99 RRP of Deluxes like I expected I'd have to pay something like £20 plus shipping on ebay which is not really worth it for a Deluxe.

J Rodimus,
As far as I'm aware there's no changes from the first Takara release earlier in the year, the packaging and accessories are all the same so I assume the actual toy is too.

There is also the MP-8X version of Grimlock coming out but that's got the comic style packaging and color scheme and includes the crown accessory so that's easy enough to tell from the other one.

J Rodimus,
As far as I'm aware there's no changes from the first Takara release earlier in the year, the packaging and accessories are all the same so I assume the actual toy is too.

There is also the MP-8X version of Grimlock coming out but that's got the comic style packaging and color scheme and includes the crown accessory so that's easy enough to tell from the other one.

Thanks for the info. One last question guys:). Regarding a different Transformers collectible. Do you guys know if the 12" Palisades statues, such as the Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Devastator statues have a COA? A friend of mine is offering his Optimus 12" at a really good price, but he doesn't have the box or the COA. He says that he doesn't remember it coming with a COA. :confused:

He is worth it. MP Grimlock originally retailed for $140, that is why his price is so high. I say get him.

Thanks for the info. One last question guys:). Regarding a different Transformers collectible. Do you guys know if the 12" Palisades statues, such as the Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Devastator statues have a COA? A friend of mine is offering his Optimus 12" at a really good price, but he doesn't have the box or the COA. He says that he doesn't remember it coming with a COA. :confused:

I have Prime and he has no COA. He is however hand numbered on the bottom of his stand. I really liked the Palisades statues and it is a shame they are no longer around.

I just ended up finally getting a leader Prime, is there a bumblee bee out there that i can get... that when displayed next to prime it will be in scale or atleast somewhat??

HA Bumblebee is an awesome figure, but horribly out of scale with Prime. If you want scale then it's better to get a version of this deluxe:

2922203030_b0db00f49d.jpg

Just stay away from the Cannon Bumblebee remold...

He is worth it. MP Grimlock originally retailed for $140, that is why his price is so high. I say get him.

I have Prime and he has no COA. He is however hand numbered on the bottom of his stand. I really liked the Palisades statues and it is a shame they are no longer around.

Thanks for the advice and the info on the Statues. I see the statues come up on ebay once in a while and they really are nice. I'll pick up Prime from my friend now that I know I'll only be missing the box. The box probably wont matter anyhow because I'll never sell it or get rid of it once I get my hands on it:D.

To the Canadian boardies..I found Masterpiece Skywarp at walmart tonight,$59.90 i think it was..and they also got the new AT-ST at $49 and change.

Yeah it's just that I am picking up my HT Marcus Wright tomorrow and now I gotta keep on the look out for this seeker.

:woo:woo:woo
Look what came today :rock
downsized_1029091621.jpg

Best part that it was 100% free, won it in a contest:chew

Lucky SOB..I love my Takara MP-01 Prime but, wish i broke down to get the trailer awhile ago..Enjoy!...Best Prime ever made.

Back