All Figure - Hate Thread! Yep, get it out...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys metal gear solid snake the head sculpt is alright the outfit I can care less about a missed opportunity some people never even got this suit in mgs3 very plain figure.

you couldn't tell that from the pictures, well im assuming you bought one, but yeah that outfit looks sooo not like snake and has to be a very unpopular outfit, disapointment just like the boss character, gimme psycho mantis instead and a classic MGS snake suit

Point me in the direction to the 89 bats department plz. I need one.

My bad, I guess they have dried up these past few months. But they did hang around for a while last year. They certainly didn't fly off the shelves.

Toys2 still has them for a decent price though.

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=21136&cat=112&page=2

Oh, and I hate all the damn Star Wars clones. Every made up, cartoon, comic book clone has a figure now, but I still don't have a damn Chewbacca, what kind of crap is that?!?!

The problem with Iron Man is that they're all the same. There have been lots of Batman figures but there is variety, Batman, Bane, Joker, Catwoman, Jim Gordon, Batpod, Batmobile etc etc.

Iron Man is just Iron Man suits, everyone would have got fed up if Hot Toys had just released 10 different versions of Batman over a 3 month period.

Problem is, not only are they an easy sell, but they cost less to produce as their is no headsculpt and no clothing. I don't blame them for acting like a business and maximising profits but if you do that at the expense of everything else you'll probably lose customers anyway.

Look at the Hot Toys website, it just looks like an Iron Man website, that's all you can see on the homepage.

are you going to be doing something dirty, *****or?

gosh dunno why folks are in this hobby if it's so aggravating. I don;t hate anything, except I guess for the PC folks that did the "right" thing and got Django figures cancelled, and narked on Fire Figures.

such a first world problem

Talking about figures is part of the fun, part of the hobby. And oftentimes that will include bringing up the bad points. Calling things 'hate' is just a bit of hyperbole. Theres no need to assume that anyone who uses that word is actually losing sleep over these things.

you couldn't tell that from the pictures, well im assuming you bought one, but yeah that outfit looks sooo not like snake and has to be a very unpopular outfit, disapointment just like the boss character, gimme psycho mantis instead and a classic MGS snake suit

Yea I bought this bull**** figure selling it too.

Hot Toys magnets. Do they even bother gluing ****? Every figure that's had a magnet I've owned has had magnet issues...

Hot Toys has to ditch the battery operated light system, or at the very least, make a single switch button. What's the point of having these lights if it's such a pain to turn it on? Play Imaginative did it right: Diecast, remote controlled operated lights. Can't wait to see that.

are you going to be doing something dirty, *****or?

gosh dunno why folks are in this hobby if it's so aggravating. I don;t hate anything, except I guess for the PC folks that did the "right" thing and got Django figures cancelled, and narked on Fire Figures.

such a first world problem

Django figures got canceled? The Enterbay ones?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Hot Toys has to ditch the battery operated light system, or at the very least, make a single switch button. What's the point of having these lights if it's such a pain to turn it on? Play Imaginative did it right: Diecast, remote controlled operated lights. Can't wait to see that.

Nah... you'd need a battery to "listen" for the remote, it would be dead in days....

Plus Iron man is super laim... everyone with one should smack themselves and throw it out the window

Nah... you'd need a battery to "listen" for the remote, it would be dead in days....

Plus Iron man is super laim... everyone with one should smack themselves and throw it out the window

Done. Now with all this empty shelf space I wanted to start a Terminator collection. So I took a dump on the shelf, wrapped it in leather and that beats anything out there Terminator-related... including the movies. :nana:

It irks me that Hot Toys is bringing out suit after suit after suit... but they won't release a Pepper Potts. They're even (apparently) bringing out suits that don't get any cinema-release screen time. But no love for Gwyneth. What gives?

It irks me that Hot Toys is bringing out suit after suit after suit... but they won't release a Pepper Potts. They're even (apparently) bringing out suits that don't get any cinema-release screen time. But no love for Gwyneth. What gives?
I can't stand her. And whatdoyouknow, the media calls her the World's Most Hated Celebrity...and this is the hate thread...

huffington post said:
We all know it's easier to hate on Gwyneth Paltrow than to love her. Recently named The Most Hated Celebrity in Hollywood

I can't stand her. And whatdoyouknow, the media calls her the World's Most Hated Celebrity...and this is the hate thread...

tumblr_m53ldacKLU1rxevt4o1_500.gif

I wonder how she got voted the world's most hated celebrity when the Kardashians are still out there.

I like my Mk IV. Of course, I don't need any more, because I have found the perfect mesh between movies and comics. :D

Sexism. Change to 'male chauvinism' when they make a figure of her in that sports bra from the latter part of Iron Man 3. Business suit Pepper is a no no. :D

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but... Classic Predator.

P1 Predator is friggin' awesome. Did he really need a (sort of) remake? I don't see the point. And really, it's not even the same guy, but the way people talk, you'd think it was.

I guess I don't really hate it, I'm just pretty "meh" on the whole idea of redoing these figures. Colonial Marines I can see, but not the Preds - certainly not one of the more recent ones like P1.

And yeah, enough with the Iron Man. Are there really collectors out there with twenty different figures of this guy? I'm guessing yes... but it still seems odd to me. He's mainstream now, because of the movies, but still.

Last edited:
Back