All Figure - Hate Thread! Yep, get it out...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more for HT Indy. I still ended up getting him, but I HATE the headsculpt.

Dammit, this could have and SHOULD have been the perfect Indy. SOOO disappointing. :(

One thing I always enjoyed about this board was the variety of figure-related discussion.

Unlike some others, I'm not really bothered about the number of IM suits HT bring out at the expense of other licenses. I'm not waiting on HT to bring out a particular license, or finish incomplete lines.

For me, Iron Man has made this board less diverse and interesting. That's all.

It's part of the IM3 marketing campaign to eliminate diversity among message boards. They succeeded on a global level :)

I love all the hate especially over IM. Everyone would ride that money train just like HT regardless what you may post to the contrary.

So? We're the customers, not the business. Of course we're going to complain from a customers POV.

Even from the business POV I'd be thinking if I sell nothing but coca cola in my shop sooner or later people are going to say 'hmmm, this shops a bit crap'.

So? We're the customers, not the business. Of course we're going to complain from a customers POV.

Even from the business POV I'd be thinking if I sell nothing but coca cola in my shop sooner or later people are going to say 'hmmm, this shops a bit crap'.

The whining (IM announcements / SS bd Mark VII travesty) is just as stale as the IM announcements. Grown ups fussing non stop about toys :slap

IM hype will pass and other figures announced. IM hoopla been going strong for a month strictly to strike while the "iron is hot." I doubt their business model is changing to have any concern about being stale. The first non IM announcement people will rejoice and all right in the world.

erm.. yeah.. coz no-one buys or sells Coca Cola anymore.... oh wait...

Manufacturers and retailers sell what the market (customers) buys lots of.. if IM sells like hot cakes, then more IM is what the market (customers) gets.

I hate all the hating on IM.. its basically a plethora of superhero robot figures.. what more could any sane collector possibly want?.. if diecast 1/6 and 1/4 IM figures are holding back a tidal wave of 'realistic' hair, rubber body doll in a costume, figures.. then I'm one happy bunny.. Dang! some of that stuff is ugly!.. jmho...

The whining (IM announcements / SS bd Mark VII travesty) is just as stale as the IM announcements. Grown ups fussing non stop about toys :slap

IM hype will pass and other figures announced. IM hoopla been going strong for a month strictly to strike while the "iron is hot." I doubt their business model is changing to have any concern about being stale. The first non IM announcement people will rejoice and all right in the world.

With the onslaught of Marvel films over the past few years and in the years to come it seems to me that the Iron has been hot for quite a while...and will continue to be so for long while yet. That is people's concern. They're making so many figures from Iron Man 3 alone (unless they alter their plans post-movie release) that the 'gap year' 2014 is probably still going to be full of Iron Man releases - and then we're already into the Avengers 2 in '15.

Don't mistake my meaning - these films are definitely figure-worthy, but at a more drawn out pace that other fans can be kept happy at the same time. Not to mention being easier on the wallets of Iron Man fans.

Last edited:
erm.. yeah.. coz no-one buys or sells Coca Cola anymore.... oh wait...

Manufacturers and retailers sell what the market (customers) buys lots of.. if IM sells like hot cakes, then more IM is what the market (customers) gets.

Yeah and coca cola drinkers are perfectly happy while anyone else who wants to mix it up a bit with a different drink has to shop elsewhere. Not sure what way you interpreted that analogy.

I do like to imagine the frustration and torment of the Iron Man completist who can't afford to service their compulsion in the onslaught of all the suits and diecast line :lol

The Iron Man line used to be ideally set up for the completist... now HT have changed the business model away from completist appeal to collectors who are happy to pick up one or two of all the suits on offer.

Careful what you wish for A-Dev. HT could well be releasing these among their future offerings:

john-conner-jpg_163641.jpg

Cool! You say. And then...

dannycookseyt2ut5.jpg

stanton.jpg

593857-miles.jpg

Cigarbiker.jpg

Janelle.jpg

emvideo-youtube-Tf2dn3m7yPU_5.jpg

Yeah and coca cola drinkers are perfectly happy while anyone else who wants to mix it up a bit with a different drink has to shop elsewhere. Not sure what way you interpreted that analogy.

.. simply that genuinely profitable licenses are few and far between.. lets face it, most of the same criticisms that are leveled at IM.. particularly some repetitiveness of design.. can be applied to Predator, Terminator and a number of the other successful licenses.

If there is a genuine and profitable demand for other licenses by customers bored with IM, then its an opportunity for new companies to enter the market.. which is in the customers' interests, since it increases competition.. however the lack of a new film to boost a licence, is bound to impact on figure release schedules.. because of the lack of a publicity halo effect.

Personally I prefer the Sprite license.. especially in a 1/1 battle damaged can.. with a new ring pull sculpt.. the expanded universe logo.. and an SDCC exclusive artwork, GID cardboard sleeve, multi-pack... :)

Thing is we can't shop elsewhere because hot toys owns the license for the products we want, and aren't making them.

The Coca Cola analogy is perfect

If a Coca Cola only store added Doritos they'd make more money, from Doritos customers.

I do like to imagine the frustration and torment of the Iron Man completist who can't afford to service their compulsion in the onslaught of all the suits and diecast line :lol

Collectors who are happy to pick up one or two of all the suits on offer.

:goodpost:

You guys think they'd make more money on a BTTF figure than the Red Snapper figure?

I do, as Iron Man customers have already spent their Iron Man figure budget on some of the other figures while BTTF customers have money to burn.

Thing is we can't shop elsewhere because hot toys owns the license for the products we want, and aren't making them.

The Coca Cola analogy is perfect...

hmmm.. I think HT are unlikely to retain licenses they are not releasing figures for.. not least because the license owner will start applying pressure to change manufacturer, if there is no revenue stream.

The Coca Cola analogy is perfect

If a Coca Cola only store added Doritos they'd make more money, from Doritos customers.

:goodpost:

You guys think they'd make more money on a BTTF figure than the Red Snapper figure?

I do, as Iron Man customers have already spent their Iron Man figure budget on some of the other figures while BTTF customers have money to burn.

How many BTTF customers are there?
as a ratio of Iron Man customers, especially with all the IM3 Hype at the moment.

How many are fans of Both, in which case the budget gets worse :p

How many BTTF customers are there?
as a ratio of Iron Man customers, especially with all the IM3 Hype at the moment.

How many are fans of Both, in which case the budget gets worse :p

I'd guess western shores would have more BTTF fans whereas eastern shores would prefer IM. Likely the reason BTTF hasn't seen the light of day.

Personally, I think BTTF would be a bore. I'd rather more characters like Rocky, John McClain, Dredd, Conan etc versus Alex Keaton lost in time..

I'd guess western shores would have more BTTF fans whereas eastern shores would prefer IM. Likely the reason BTTF hasn't seen the light of day.

Personally, I think BTTF would be a bore. I'd rather more characters like Rocky, John McClain, Dredd, Conan etc versus Alex Keaton lost in time..

I'd love a set of Marty and Doc figures, would take them over any IM figure at this point and would PO day 1 no matter what the cost, but there's no well in hell they'd outsell any IM armor world wide right now.

Back to the Future a bore?

[ame]https://youtu.be/mjCRUvX2D0E[/ame]

So, if you think Hot Toys would make more money doing a BTTF figure than the Red Snapper, why haven't they??

Back