All Figure - Hate Thread! Yep, get it out...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not reading this thread, but the OP may not be that familiar with this forum - it seems EVERY thread is a hate thread.

Quality Control is my big hate with this industry.
The big 3 themselves and their lack of care, and all you guys who just accept under the excuse, "but if I don't buy it, someone else will!"
YES I'M TALKING TO YOU THERE!

:D

HOT TOYS IRON MAN- really cool looking figures but give something else a chance, there is enough Iron Man Figures to satisfy all the collectors at the moment its time to rotate some other licenses, they can always go back and do more if the demand is still there but would love to see them go back and give us a new Blade figure, some more Pirates, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, TMNT, BTTF, anything but Iron man.

:goodpost:

I swear there will come a day when those Iron man figures are not even worth $80 because of the over saturation of them... :dunno

The DX10. And the first EB T-800.

Though I will say that the latter has a better likeness than the former.

I'd have to say personally, that what irks me more than badly made figures, is SSC SW apologists. :lol

It's everyone's right of course, to see things as they please.. but when blatantly sub par things are forgiven / overlooked time & time again by folks that will defend their beloved SSC till the bitter end - even when there's an obvious disparity between quality & price.. well. :monkey1

It's not the end of the world, but it does annoy the ****y out of me. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
First thought to cross my mind when I came in here. We need a dedicated thread for complaints?

Does that mean there won't be any in the regular threads?

Sideshow Toys Aragorn figure which doomed the line from the start. I remember seeing the prototype and thinking how awesome it was. Then the actual pics started floating around and I thought WTF? I don't hate it per se but it was definitely different then what I was expecting.

Same thing happened with Legolas, and to an extent, Frodo. It's a good thing the costumes were as well done as they were.

I'd have to say personally, that what irks me more than badly made figures, is SSC SW apologists.

I think there's a difference between an apologist and a person who simply doesn't let every detail that falls short of perfection ruin the hobby for them. Some people like to actually buy figures. :dunno

Hate that figures are coming with less but cost more.

HAte that Cap TFA has limited artiulcation because of the needless muscle body undernaeth

Hate the delays

Hate about how people complain constantly about a figures detail or cost yet still buy it.

and i hate this...

It's not just the saturation of IM stuff, but the fact that they are releasing suits that aren't even in the movie. It's been said in the IM threads that those suits will probably end up in the extras DVD, but that's a bit of a stretch in a 'Movie Masterpiece Series' ain't it?

"Movie Masterpiece" my arse.

:clap

Enterbay Scarface War Version. What a let down. Makes me wary of the Jordan I po'd.

Enterbay Scarface War Version. What a let down. Makes me wary of the Jordan I po'd.

and Just to fug with your head... the war version came with the best paint app ever seen on 1/6 scale.... now that is a screw job....

I'd be pretty f'n pumped about your Jordan bro :clap

:goodpost:

I swear there will come a day when those Iron man figures are not even worth $80 because of the over saturation of them... :dunno

When that day comes ... I may buy one. ONE.

An Iron Man and the original Captain America are the only Avengers that interested me at all.

SnakeDoc

I love all the hate especially over IM. Everyone would ride that money train just like HT regardless what you may post to the contrary. I'd sell the **** out of my golden ticket leaving the other "maybe profitable" ventures for another day

One thing I always enjoyed about this board was the variety of figure-related discussion.

Unlike some others, I'm not really bothered about the number of IM suits HT bring out at the expense of other licenses. I'm not waiting on HT to bring out a particular license, or finish incomplete lines.

For me, Iron Man has made this board less diverse and interesting. That's all.

Back