All Figure - Hate Thread! Yep, get it out...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever happened to GungFu?

I think he had issues with shadowfla, Rorywan would know better than me. I can understand how this forum and some its personalities can be too much for some people, especially people as 'grown up' as GungFu, but it's a shame he didn't just use the ignore feature and hang around. He was a proper Bruce Lee fan, what he knew about his life and times was astounding.

Yup, C3PO is the bomb. No hate for die cast here :)

You guys are gonna get ratchet joints (which you'll hate), or normal joints which will not hold the weight of diecast (which you'll hate even more), flaking paint, which everyone will justifiably hate, and top heavy figures, which will fall down at a breath (to which people who use stands will blithely ignore as a problem).

Diecast is ridiculous and antiquated, and will only please those people who, for some reason, seem to think their toys need to have "weight".

You guys are gonna get ratchet joints (which you'll hate), or normal joints which will not hold the weight of diecast (which you'll hate even more), flaking paint, which everyone will justifiably hate, and top heavy figures, which will fall down at a breath (to which people who use stands will blithely ignore as a problem).

Diecast is ridiculous and antiquated, and will only please those people who, for some reason, seem to think their toys need to have "weight".

Having smashed one to bits with a hammer and seeing first hand how it's all put together, I'd say those joints are gonna hold for a looooong time. There is not a hint of top heaviness about the figure and the casting material is gold with the outer surface buffed to a high sheen. At least when I whacked the crap out of with a hammer there was no evidence of a surface coating peeling away. This figure is robust and will last many, many years in mint condition. If after a couple of decades it somehow deteriorates, I work that out at about 15 bucks a year for the pleasure of owning one of the finest figures - 1/6 or otherwise - to ever have been produced. And I dig the weight in hand, as do most others who own it - there's no point in denying or wondering about the aesthetic response that many naturally derive from an object's handling.

But this is a hate thread, so go hard :lol

I'm cool with ratchet joints (closet statue collector, me).. as for the rest.. hating that people are hating figures before they have seen / road tested the product (especially after C-3PO).. one way or another, there will probably be a lot of humble pie eaten .. who will need condiments and a knife and fork?.. only time will tell...
:lol

Another HATE post about Sideshow charging HT prices!

Also HATE other companies raising their prices because HT is so ********g expensive. It's NOT ok!!!!

Here comes.. the worst in my collection.

JZ65061lg.jpg

It's not about the details or the painting job it's just about physics, you can't raise the arms because the fists are too heavy, you can't make it stand right because the head is too heavy, it's just a plain stupid design!

The usual complaint about Hot Toys' declining value and ever-rising prices.

I don't really hate anything but I have bought some terrible 1/6 back in the day the one I most regret is BBI Navy Seal Rudy.

Back