ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm not going too crazy with images at the moment because shortly I should have the Hudson head I ordered, that way I can have Hicks with his helmet on, and a nice MB paint job going too. I also found a good deal for a BDU on eBay so the cut sleeves issue is solved, I'll have both versions for whatever I choose. Next image I plan to do and will require photoshopping is the shot where Hicks rolls on the floor after losing Hudson and shoots a warrior as it comes down froma jump, love that shot, and I'll combine it with doing the crawlers image at the same time, I haven't forgotten that, just been busy with things.

Wow . . . . absolutely amazing photo gallery edwint!!!

Looks like you did a full character study on this piece. I love the poses you achieved, extremely cool and very dramatic.

The warrior figure appears to have a huge range of articulation and the detail of the sculpt and paint is very nicely done too. Id love to see more of your photos, perhaps with some marines thrown in for good measure :)

HEEHEE..facebox, i just realised some of the designs on this alien kinda..gross me out a little bit after i posted them online..:D

stendec..thanks man..unfortunately, i don have any of the marines..just the star of the show..heehee..:rotfl..hot toys really scored big time with this one!!

That looks FANTASTIC!!! The AvP warrior is a great figure but it looks like H.T have really upped the articulation on this baby . Can't wait for mine to arrive! ( And I've a feeling it won't be in the singular for long !):D

phenomenol pics!!! you have totally outdone yourself!!

HEEHEE..facebox, i just realised some of the designs on this alien kinda..gross me out a little bit after i posted them online..:D

stendec..thanks man..unfortunately, i don have any of the marines..just the star of the show..heehee..:rotfl..hot toys really scored big time with this one!!

edwint, your photos have done this new figure a great service...
One, they make me rescend all criticisms I personally had of it before seeing these shots! I take back at least 95% of them (I keep a 5% complaint level only due to the straying from the movie costume accuracy...but no more than that!)
Two, you make me DAMN GLAD I reordered one, that is due here TOMORROW via UPS!!!!
Three, you may have calmed any doubts by anyone else and sold at least 50 more of these bad boys!
Four, your photo skills are awesome!

and Five, now understand, this is totally conjectural on my part, but...here's why I think a Hot Toys Queen release announcement is about to happen...
Whoever sculpted this warrior, added in some details here and there, especially up under the chin and neck areas, that are VERY similar to that of the Queen...which leads me to believe that whoever sculpted this, sculpted a Queen first. Had those aspects in his or her head, and transferred some of them, either intentionally or not, to this Alien Warrior sculpt. That is some of what I couldn't see or catch before, that I was reacting to. This warrior resembles the Queen in many ways. Don't even have to change the coloring much either.
Five to One they announce a Queen soon! And she resembles this warrior in minute ways!
Betcha!
Probably taking longer to tool it and all, so they put this out more quickly....

Thanks edwint!
Great stuff dude! :rock

hey thanks for the kind words, guys..but this fig really speaks for itself once u see one assembled first hand..heehee:D

now before anyone goes off to buy 1, here's a couple of flaws i just realised after handling the fig again..it could be minor gripes..or it could sting..:rotfl

the figure is coated with some kinda thin platic coating then gives the surface a shiny texture..thats where they tried to mimick the movie's creature's surface...however after major handling this think coating will start to 'flake' or peel off somewhat..i'm not usre if its clear to u guys..maybe the same problem happended with the ealrier alien fig??(i wouldn't know, man..i only have the head form my ancient pred..heehee)..still..its not a major problem to me as most of the costing stays on and whatever area 'flakes' off, adds a certain amount of rough texture to the skin..

2nd, the paint on the rubber parts of the bod will kinda peel off if u're not careful..i habdle this fella rough..so a few small parts are starting to peel..nothing visible though unless u really inspect zoom in on specific areas..

pros and cons, guys...!!have fun!!:D

hey fellas, i've heard alot abt this figure not being movie accurate..i wouldn't really know abt that but i'm really interested in seeing the original design up close and personal to spot the differences...would be really cool to see those shortcuts the toys made when compared to the real thingy..any links will be much appreciated!!!thanks!!:D

figuremasterles, don even go the 'queen' route man..i'm already having a tough time finding a place for the warrior fig!!where am i supposed to put her highness???heehee

Last edited:
the figure is coated with some kinda thin platic coating then gives the surface a shiny texture..thats where they tried to mimick the movie's creature's surface...however after major handling this think coating will start to 'flake' or peel off somewhat..i'm not usre if its clear to u guys..maybe the same problem happended with the ealrier alien fig

Sounds like you might have a bad figure or are handling it too majorly or something, I've put mine through a rigorous posing and photo session and I haven't seen any sort of peeling or fading happen, and the AVP warrior didn't feature any sort of synthetic slime effect to it.

Les, as for the Queen idea, I have no doubt with such a heavy lineup of ALIENS based figures, especially the power loader, that the queen is in the works, but seeing as the warriors' heads can at times way down the ability of the joints to hold up, I would imagine the queen's anatomy will require a lot of engineering research to give some articulation while having the body strong enough to hold it up. I'm sure it's in the works, but if we don't see it at SDCC, I'd expecte it maybe sometime first half of 2008.

edwint,

Your pictures make me cry... Because they are incredible and I had to cancel my preorder due to lack of funds. I can only hope that I can scrounge the cash for this before it sells out and ends up going for double on ebay. :monkey2

*cracks knuckles...begins to write*

OK...

It just arrived. A day early....

THE ALIEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I am preparing my HUGE bowl of crow feathers, because I have to eat a LOT of them to repair any damage I may have inadvertantly done to anyone out there, much less my own image....

All that apologetic crap aside....

OH

MY

GOD!

DUDES!

THIS FIGURE IS SO BADA$$ I CAN'T TELL YOU!

HTA002.jpg

IT DOES LOOK LIKE GIGER STUFF! It can pose like the first movie one, with those bowed legs like Bolaji Bodajo and all...AND, pose like the ALIENS ones too! IT KICKS A$$!!!

I take it all back.
Screw movie accuracy! I'll take this one!
I have started repainting it, as the top of the head is plastic, as are the arms and legs and spare non-bendy hands. SO, your's truly has already begun redetailing, and let me tell you...
IT's ALL THERE GANG!

HTA001.jpg

GET THIS FIGURE!!!!!

SELL STUFF!

FIND IT ON EBAY! REORDER IT! CANCEL SOMETHING ELSE!

This is a justified purchase!!!!

The movies are called ALIENS! Not Colonial Marines or Sharp Sticks...
ALIEN, ALIENS, ALIEN 3, ALIEN Resurrection, Alien vs Predator

ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET THIS NOW!

THANK YOU DEKADENT DAVE!!! THANK YOU FOR HUMILIATING ME OVER MY STUPIDITY AND MAKING ME THINK TWICE!

I OWE YOU DUDE! :rock

Glad to see you so excited Les. For sure it is an absolutely badass figure, and the ferocity worked into the desing really makes the AVP warrior look kinda like a ***** and not threatening at all. So many poses with this figure in the right lighting will trigger flash back moments to Alien and Aliens, I remember some poses I did reminded me instant of when the Alien is revealed and lunges for Dallas in the first film. It's just a beautiful piece, it'd be pricey, but I'm contemplating getting a second one.

heehee..that was quick, les..u're already repainting the fig??can't wait to see more shots from u, man!!:D

maulfan, i'll take note of ur pointers and be sure to be more gentle with my plastics..heehee:rotfl

Back