ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dammmmn, dude, now those are what i call classic shots!!!!!!!!!kudos, man!!!:D

Thanks ed, and nice work yourself by the way! Your shots help to see the articulation which is helpful because with what these warriors and even the Medi figures you shoot cost, I hesitate to try out some positions without some reference point of, ok you can do this and it won't break.

I think the fun of messing around with this warrior over AVP is, to me anyway, this one has much more character to it, it feels more like a miniature creature and not just some flat, lifeless toy.

Thanks ed, and nice work yourself by the way! Your shots help to see the articulation which is helpful because with what these warriors and even the Medi figures you shoot cost, I hesitate to try out some positions without some reference point of, ok you can do this and it won't break.

I think the fun of messing around with this warrior over AVP is, to me anyway, this one has much more character to it, it feels more like a miniature creature and not just some flat, lifeless toy.

yeah i chose this one partly cos i got the head design from the ancient pred already..also cos of the 'retro' design..i don know..looks more like those 'guy in a suit' kinda design that appeals to me rather than the later versions..more human looking if you would..:D

For me, the best feature of this warrior figure is the teeth, the angles, the metallic shine, the sharpness and length, they really look like they'll **** you up, and when you have the jaw locked open with the inner jaw protruding, it just looks so evil, it's great. Like I said, someone, they got character in this figure to take it beyond being just a figure.

Edwint, not sure what your fandom of Aliens is, but if you like it enough, it's a really great combo to have a marine to go with this warrior, especially Hicks if you can manage to get your hands on one of those.

Awesome! Great find facebox, thanks for sharing that! I love what they do with these commercials, but I'm also frightened by the technology.

Yeah, Sigourney still looks great to me! She hasn't aged a day it seems like. I saw this ad on TV the other night. It was great to see her as Ripley once again! :D

They must have digitally de-aged her because the interviews on the Quadrilogy documentary she's looking a lot older.

Yeah, you're right dave. I have the Quadrilogy set and watched everything about ALIENS on it, including her interview. But, that's okay. Sigourney is gracefully aging in my opinion. I'll always be a big fan of her. :D

All of those commercials are touched up, there's no way Charlie Sheen looks as young as he did in Major League for his commercial, but it doesn't change the fact that they're entertaining ads and the Aliens one is very clever.

awesome ad! thanks for posting. as everyone has mentioned, it's amazing what they are able to do with digital technology now. x-men 3 was impressive with magneto and prof X in the beginning, but it seems they have come a long way from even that!

I finally saw the ad on TV last night, there's two versions a long and short one. The one posted in the link here is the long version. They defiantly used some CGI, you can tell when they show that scene where she has the queen's head in the left PL claw and she's trying to grab the Queen's body with the other claw; they animated her mouth to match what she was saying. I also think they used de-aging CGI, she looked almost identical to the way she looked in Aliens. I love Direct TV's ads.
Now I can't wait to get my Power Loader!

Definitely. She has a lot more aging spots on her face now and deeper wrinkles so they obviously touched all of that up digitally to make her look the same age as she was in '86.

Yeah, I've seen it about seven times now on TV. Both versions.
Very cool! Couldn't be timed any better.

yeah i chose this one partly cos i got the head design from the ancient pred already..also cos of the 'retro' design..i don know..looks more like those 'guy in a suit' kinda design that appeals to me rather than the later versions..more human looking if you would..:D

Ass kickin' shots there Ed, as usual... thanks so much for showing us what this guy can do, pose wise, what an incredible piece of engineeering and yeah, no doubt Queenie is on the way, if they figured out robocain, she can't be far behind, hopefully an announcement very soon...

Hey MF, what's up with the crawl shot bro? Or did I miss it? Just got back in town....

Hey MF, what's up with the crawl shot bro?

It's in progress, hopefully a day or so. Hicks' arrival took my attention away, I'm sure you have a good idea how much I'd been wanting him, and you deffinately know how cool he is, so I was a bit caught up in tweaking him for film appearance and having some photo fun with him and the warrior, now that the dust has settled, crawlers are coming, as well as the Hicks somersault shooting of a warrior, that should be fun, I also plan to add some acid explosion to the Eat this! images I've posted.

Hey Paul, did you see I got my Alien today?

HTA001.jpg

I'm repainting as I can, the rubber is tricky, but it is already looking better.
Looks fine out of box of course, but you know me! :D

Hope you all get your's soon. It is one super cool figure.
Between Maulfan and edwint's pics, this thing is amazing. There SHOULD be none left, if everyone has seen their photos....

Wow Les. SO happy for you! What detailing did you do already? Looks like some highlighting, washes. And I see alot of neck sculpt there, maybe it's the angle but I don't believe I have seen the neck sculpt detailed like that before.

Whatever you did, he looks cool, congrats!

Last edited:
Back