ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, pjam I'd love to see the marines all gathered around your mess hall table, and Bishop doing the "knife trick" on Hudson while Drake is holding down Hudson's hand...just like in the movie! That'd be so cool to see! Thanks! :D

OMG, I just saw Sigourney Weaver in one of those Direct TV ads battling the Queen from the PL...

Oh wow! That's cool pjam! I liked the one they did for Star Trek a few months ago. Does she stop fighting the queen for a moment and talk to the camera about the "wonders" of DirecTV? I'll look around for it. I am sure Youtube has it up by now.

Maulfan what paint colors are you using to "age" your Hicks' armor? I'd like to do that too for my Hicks. Are you using a silver or gray paint? Let me know. Also, how are you going to paint on the word "LIFER" on the back of Hicks's armor? The two posts on the back of his armor that the word is suppoed to go between leaves VERY little space to write out the word there. Any tips on how to paint it there on his back of his armor? :confused:

Maulfan what paint colors are you using to "age" your Hicks' armor? I'd like to do that too for my Hicks. Are you using a silver or gray paint? Let me know. Also, how are you going to paint on the word "LIFER" on the back of Hicks's armor? The two posts on the back of his armor that the word is suppoed to go between leaves VERY little space to write out the word there. Any tips on how to paint it there on his back of his armor? :confused:

I'm doing the armor with Apple Barrel Pure Silver, it has a metallic shine to it. I have a fine brush, so I'm going to carefully write lifer in that small space.

I saw it too! It was great!

It's not on YouTube yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Well, if she's doing this (parody ads) I think you can forget about ever seeing her in a sequel... and I think she knows it otherwise she never would have agreed to do it.

In fact she pretty much said so over a year ago...

Last edited:
I like the Apple Barrel color paints too. I use them. I prefer them more than the Folk Art paints. Folk Art seems to come out of the tubes really lumpy to me! I'll get that pure silver color you're using. I"ll get a fine, maybe a "O" brush for the LIFER on the back of Hicks' armor. I'm having trouble finding a "pin vise" to create the hole in the Hicks armor on the left front shoulder pad. I want to put that hole there, and write "born again" around it to get it to look like his did in the movie. Since I'm using an extra set of Hudson armor for my Hicks, I'm having to paint all of Hicks' armor graffiti on it. I got the padlock and metal clasp superglued now over the red heart on the front of Hicks' armor. I got the clasp and lock from Chris at EVA and it looks great.

So, Maulfan, are you hitting all the corners, edges, and "high points" or raises in the armor to give it a more "aged" look? Let me know some tips on how you are painting the armor with that silver color to look more worn out on your Hicks. Thanks!

Well, if she's doing this (parody ads) I think you can forget about ever seeing her in a sequel... and I think she knows it otherwise she never would have agreed to do it.

In fact she pretty much said so over a year ago...

I just saw the Aliens DirecTV ad! Pretty cool... :D

I wouldn't totally rule out Sigourney from any future ALIENS movie pjam. Remember...money talks!

There's been other times when actors have said they would NEVER return for the sequel(s) and they ended up coming back.

I'm staying optimistic. The ALIEN films made Sigourney Weaver the well-known actress she is today. Had she not done them, who knows where she'd be now?

They should never have "Resurrected" Ripley. Her death in Alien3 concluded the trilogy. It's time to tell new stories with new characters in different situations.

I actually loved Resurrection. It was interesting, visually stunning and more than anything fun. Everything 3 failed to be. Plus it wasn't 100% Ripley, and Weaver played it that way. She didn't play Ripley, she played a clone of Ripley mixed with some Alien. Like she was supposed to.

For once (!) I agree with dekadentdave . The whole "Alien Resurrection " farago was a cynical and contrived attempt to squeeze Ripley's character into a story . It always puzzles me how this film gets an easy ride from the fans when AvP ( no masterpiece , but a much better film) is consistantly crucified . I think people are reluctant to face up to the fact that it was Weavers very involvement in the project ( and the clout she carried) that scuppered it from the outset .:rolleyes:

AvP better? No, not to me. It was fun though. I agree, I don't get how people dismiss AvP. I mean it was dumb as hell, but FUN! And in the end as long as I was entertained for 1 1/2-2 hours I'm happy. And AvP and Resurrection BOTH did the job. BUT Resurrection had Pearlman, a better director and a weird Weaver-Alien, so it gets my vote. Resurrection was dumb as hell too no doubt, I just enjoyed it more.

Funnily, I was watching Resurrection last night, been watching the whole Quadrilogy lately. As I watched it, I came to feel that both story and effects took the Alien lore of 1, 2 and even 3, and just turned it into some random sci-fi film. Yes, Ripley was not herself in it, but at the same time, I think that's one of the flaws in movie. What made Ripley the character we came to love was the personality Weaver defined over the first 3 films, and as Dave said, her story should have ended with her death. The worst part of it is the albino, womb born Alien. The design alone conveys a lack of love for the Alien story and takes the path of just making any old sci-fi creature to push the envelop, and even if that were a good thing the design sucked. Cameron created the Queen to push the envelope a bit, but at the same time, it also served to fill in the story gaps, as pointed out by Ripley, "who's laying all the eggs?" There was a need to explain more about the Alien species, but resurrection just perverts it and ruins it. The only positives I found in Resurrection were the ability to see the anatomy of the warriors (I appreciate not seeing it in the other films for effect, but for pre-internet times, it was the first chance to see the Giger-ish appearance) and seeing what they'd be like in water, but that's it. Ron Pearlman was himself, and that's entertaining, but his persona and all of the characters in the film felt very departed from the type of characters presented in the first 3 films. For me, it'll always be, Alien the great thriller/horror picture, and Aliens the great action film, both having great story arcs.

Yeah, nothing will ever touch Alien and Aliens, but I'm entertained by Resurrection. I'm not by 3. I don't care about connecting them back to 1 and 2, I just accept nothing will be as good and hope all the rest will at least be fun. 3 not fun, Resurrection Fun, AvP fun.

It's been a long time since I've watched Alien 3 or Resurrection. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen either of them since the theater. While I didn't like what they did with the continuity of the story and I absolutely hate the newborn alien, I was entertained by them. There are aspects of each that I liked. I'm thinking I may have to pick them up and watch them again. Like a lot of people, I think, I separate Alien and Aliens from the other two. Kind of like I keep the original Star Wars Trilogy separated from episodes 1-3 and Robocop separated from Robocop 2 and 3 and Highlander separated from Highlander 2 and 3... etc...

The thing that put me off from the very start of Alien 3 was how Hicks and Newt were just sort of swept aside. It was like, they're dead now, so just forget about 'em. While I expected to see an new and different movie, I had still been hoping for a satisfactory connection to the events at the end of Aliens, but I felt that Hicks and Newt were barely even a footnote in Alien 3, and probably could have been omitted altogether. I liked the Dark Horse Comics version of post-Aliens events better. Alien 3 was different and it was an entertaining movie to be sure, but I just couldn't help feeling a bit let down with the way it handled the deaths of Hicks and Newt. I think it could have been done better.

Back