Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I can tell it's not quite as detailed as SS's pieces

Really?...

gall5.JPG 1pred3d.jpg

:rotfl

That Blu set one looks like a $20 toy they would sell at ToysRUs. 99% of all "collector" movie sets are cheap junk IMO. This coming from a guy who loves collector box sets.

That Blu set one looks like a $20 toy they would sell at ToysRUs. 99% of all "collector" movie sets are cheap junk IMO. This coming from a guy who loves collector box sets.

I own that gift set, and it definitely looks better in person than it does in that picture, but I do agree with you, it does kind of look cheap in comparison to the Sideshow piece, and it's true that most collector sets are cheap junk. Wasn't really until I got into Sideshow/Hot Toys stuff that I started to see how cheap and nasty these collector sets really look, lol. Once you've had a taste of the high-end pieces, it's hard to look at this cheap collector blu ray items the same.

Yeah, ok. It doesn't look like it cost $400-$800. That seems like a given for something that costs $40-$50 (subtracting whatever the blu-ray would be).

Like I said before, as someone who has actually seen this, in person, it looks great for what it is. The other guy who actually owns it said said that in some ways it looks kinda cheap, and I agree. The paint isn't flawless, and it's not as detailed, but we're comparing this to Sideshow? In some ways some of the SS stuff I have also looks cheap (spots missing paint, slightly off eyes, etc.) I love the SS pieces I own, but I also know some pieces have been notorious for their lackluster sculpts or paint apps. Pretty sure that holds true for one of the Predator LSBs, as it happens. Looking through the P2 LSB thread I see a lot of people who were either really disappointed in how it turned out, or were repainting it. Presumably that wasn't because it turned out perfectly. I see lazy eyes. Ridiculous ones. I see black triangles that look like someone used a stencil and a Sharpie, but couldn't hold the stencil straight and so the triangles don't line up. For how comparatively expensive SS pieces are, that seems a bit ridiculous.

What I originally said still stands. Anxious to see how they all look together. Maybe it'll be weird. Maybe it'll look fine. I'll post pics either way and you can all decide for yourselves. Anyway... Alien warrior LSB! Excited!

:slap You're the one who compared that thing to Sideshow.

You display that yet feel justified in criticising the P2 LSB? :cuckoo:
I would happily stamp on that over putting it on a shelf :lol

I did? I made a passing reference to the LSB being probably more detailed than the "cheap" one. That seems reasonable. I haven't seen both, so it'd be silly for me to compare them until I had. It's not like I posted a side by side comparison.

And the fact that I have the blu-ray bust doesn't actually have any bearing on whether I'm "justified" in criticizing the P2 LSB. Lots of people criticized it in the thread. I'm pretty sure most of those people didn't own the piece. I'm also pretty sure you were among them. That's fine. Everyone is able to like whatever they like, or complain about what they want to. Doesn't make them crazy.

As for you and the stamping, and not putting busts on shelves... That's fine. I can understand why you would think that, and that doesn't bother me. As it turns out, my collection doesn't exist to make you happy. I'm really not interested in a debate, or whatever this is. I posted initially to share my excitement about this Alien LSB and the other one, nothing more, and now it seems like I'm getting flak for what my collection includes.

From what I can tell it's not quite as detailed as SS's pieces

but we're comparing this to Sideshow? In some ways some of the SS stuff I have also looks cheap.
I simply pointed out that you started the comparing.
Can't really compare a plastic piece of Predatorish rubbish to the SS P1 LSB but you did so I posted the comparison pictures.

Yeh, I gave the P2 production piece a hard time over the paint but find me a better sculpt?
The P1, which is what you started talking about, is 100% awesome.

Psh, no worries :duff
And if the LSBs come and make my Pred look like trash, you'll be able to say "I told you so!" :thwak
:lol

Ha, yea. I was going to say...I do not think people are really bashing the movie one, considering it price. Believe Col was just pointing out how you wrote "From what I can tell it's not quite as detailed as SS's pieces".

I too thought "the not quite" part was funny. Especially with the comparison pic. :lol

Trust me, you'll be looking for a P1 LSB once you get this.

Definitely agree with this. I'm already looking for a P1 LSB, because I know once this Alien bust arrives I'm going to want one really bad lol. I'm still content with the masked P1 LSB, but I do like the unmasked one a little better, so would still like to find one of those eventually. Going to offload the Blu Ray bust soon. It's OK for the money, but I would prefer to have the Sideshow bust to display next to the Alien ones.

p.s. Col, your sig changes more often than I change my underwear, lol. That Arnie GIF sig is awesome. His arms look ALMOST as big as the PF :lol

Good luck on the hunt, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Dutch is my favourite, thanks to Devil666 for him, but I like to play around with different stuff :hi5:

Just got confirmation my final flexpay payment will occur next month on the 20th. Oh man shipping out on time i cant wait woo hoo.

Back