Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collectorcol actually i did hahahaha. Otherwise whats the point of the number then ?? I always assumed a line would be painted and then each piece issued a number then boxed up. But at least numbered in order not just willy nilly. And actually this so far is the third blemish out of three people who posted about recieving it. Pythons has a scratch on the shoulder... Fremens had a blemish on the back of her pieces dome and then the original poster of the pics has a blemish on the side of his... 3 out of 3.posted so far have issues. Im sure many others have recieved theirs as well.... But then again their not posting so im just going by whats presented.

Numbers are assigned randomly. It doesn't mean one was painted before the other.

Not sure if the sunlight is making the colors harder to spot, but the paintjob in the outdoor pics looks pretty flat. The highlights on this thing need to look more... lit. Particularly on the insectoid ridges/segments along the dome. You'd expect the paint to create a greater sense of separation between them, but at the moment they seem to just blend into this dark murk.

Okay, I've had a couple of hours with this one. First thing to get out there, this is nice and the size really shouldn't be a worry. Yes it isn't the largest LSB out there but it is fitting for the bug like Warrior Aliens, it will pose just fine with the P1 for example. It is slightly blue, but fortunately not so much as those leaked pictures. In fact it changes colour by the looks of it, sitting here now it looks almost black as the day dulls down. There are some nice highlights in the paint work also, it is one of the better production paint apps I'd say if not as nice as the prototype (what is) The sculpt is nice and the little art piece on the back is a nice touch. In fact. the whole thing is good overall, I am happier with it than I was expecting after seeing some pictures. This one definitely looks nicer in person.

So, the bad bits of which there are two main ones. The teeth they are just a dull silver and nothing like the prototype, they are also quite sloppy with silver and black in the wrong places, they need a repaint and doing so will transform the piece I am sure, small finishes like this make all the difference and I wish they were included on production pieces. Secondly, the tendons on the side of the mouth are just poorly fitted plastic strips, they look cheap and will need filling, sanding and repainting to become part of the bust imo.

The other negatives should hopefully be specific to mine. There is a large paint chip on the rear of his shoulder, a large scratch just ahead of that and a few more paint blemishes throughout. Also, lower the jaw appears to not be fitted correctly, I'd be interested to see if anybody else has this. I'll try to add a picture but it isn't pushed in properly and the area hasn't been painted either so is quite noticeable from certain angles. Also they only put three pads on my EX plaque so it sits on its back end. I'll just try and find some stick on pads for this.

Just QC problems mostly then. Otherwise this is a great little bust and I recommend it, Alien fans be happy with it.

The sun was behind for most of these pictures so it isn't quite as dark as they suggest, I'll take some more another day.
9vJV05t.jpg

RRS2Bpo.jpg

5FUVN9L.jpg

rxnVTZz.jpg

2AY73CT.jpg

vSsr6WN.jpg

i4fUmoD.jpg

sXwx8ye.jpg

I71KwEq.jpg

N3oCEmI.jpg

6QwWtXk.jpg

r9Cn0aS.jpg

xmDcUf1.jpg

MDyno9B.jpg

dHHbH5t.jpg

awesome pics, congrats!!

Just opened mine.... Two of the bottom teeth are broken and missing! Not even in the box! Wtf

Really cool pics python
Thanks for sharing.
Mine is still in the US. Hopefully by the end of the week, I will have it in hands...

Also, the piece seems to be cool, but we are still far from what promised and expected.
This:

Didn't even think to ask. Would seem that this is hollow!
Pissed me off quite a bit.

Large hollow statues don't bother me although I like a bit of weight to them.
LSBs should be solid and I expected this to be like the Preds. They have a great solid feel.
Yeah I know they sit on a shelf but for the money I don't want a 1:2 Piggy Bank.
Probably feels like a DVD Special Edition case.

Amazing pics python ;)

Really cool pics python
Thanks for sharing.
Mine is still in the US. Hopefully by the end of the week, I will have it in hands...

Also, the piece seems to be cool, but we are still far from what promised and expected.

Thanks guys, I'll try and take some more later without the sun behind, might help show its true colour better. Sleepybee, I agree, that prototype is beautiful, I wish we had gotten something that looked exactly like that. But honestly it isn't bad, ignoring the teeth the paint is actually really nice, it has kind of blue/green tints to it but is quite dark over all. I think people will like this one when they see it in person. I have found a fair few paint chips on mine now after careful inspection which is a little annoying.

Hi all, received mine just now :yess:
Overall, quality wise, mine turned out pretty good, luckily there's no teeth etc broken off. I've found the tiniest slight scratch of paint on the head but nothing to really worry over, but, more irritatingly, in quite a few spots there's what I assume to be paint brush bristles stuck to it, which I don't want to remove because it will most likely bring some paint off with them. :gah:
It's certainly a lot better to see in person and it has a nice size to it and the tendons do not look anywhere near as bad as I was worried they would, that's not to say I think they're great though, they're not.

Not sure if the sunlight is making the colors harder to spot, but the paintjob in the outdoor pics looks pretty flat. The highlights on this thing need to look more... lit. Particularly on the insectoid ridges/segments along the dome. You'd expect the paint to create a greater sense of separation between them, but at the moment they seem to just blend into this dark murk.

You're correct, my pictures didn't show the highlights very well with the sun behind, I'll try and get some better shots. This might be a little better for now...

DSC_0020.jpg

I willpass this one for sure. Just save $400 for the future investment of life size bust.
Especially I have another alien warrior to fill the position.
And only $25.
DSC05420_zps0cf770c0.jpg
DSC05428_zps9ab713b7.jpg
DSC05431_zpscb12b9cf.jpg
DSC05435_zps392cbf93.jpg
DSC05437_zpsf21c6e3e.jpg

I am very happen with this item. Makes me wondering, is $300 SS piece 10 times better than this? or just same lever? or even worse...
I picked up the another four SS alien statues in the past, only the resurrection one made me happy.

Back