Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Python! Am lookin' forward to your pics.

Seeing that "Made in China" sickens me.. The outsourcing.

Damn low number too. 150 you may end up with one of the... We did a better job because were not being sloppy yet statue

Damn low number too. 150 you may end up with one of the... We did a better job because were not being sloppy yet statue

Pretty sure they aren't painted in the same order they are numbered. It is a nice round number though, I usually get high issues. Size is okay, has a good old scratch on it's shoulder! Tendons are as rubbish as expected, just a piece of tacked on plastic. Looks good overall though.

Really? Only the second 'issue' I've read, along with GBs blemishes.
Mind you, not many have received yet.

wierz :lol Do you think one guy starts at number one... then does number two... Then does...

Mine just showed up in the UK too. Amazing we're getting these before some guys in the US.

No chance to check it out yet. Can't say I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far though. Any issues with mine and I won't have to think hard about not keeping it.

Collectorcol actually i did hahahaha. Otherwise whats the point of the number then ?? I always assumed a line would be painted and then each piece issued a number then boxed up. But at least numbered in order not just willy nilly. And actually this so far is the third blemish out of three people who posted about recieving it. Pythons has a scratch on the shoulder... Fremens had a blemish on the back of her pieces dome and then the original poster of the pics has a blemish on the side of his... 3 out of 3.posted so far have issues. Im sure many others have recieved theirs as well.... But then again their not posting so im just going by whats presented.

Collectorcol its understandable fremen only made reference to it in the youtube vid. Im just nervous abput this piece. And i was always under the impression that the pieces were numbered when finished not cast. I used to work in a foundry and all our zinc targets had specific numbers once done. But before hand had batch numbers. That was just for quality control though if a batch was bad. The final cast number was used upon completion because we never knew how many would pass inspection due to batch flaws. I was assuming they would use a similar practice.

Okay, I've had a couple of hours with this one. First thing to get out there, this is nice and the size really shouldn't be a worry. Yes it isn't the largest LSB out there but it is fitting for the bug like Warrior Aliens, it will pose just fine with the P1 for example. It is slightly blue, but fortunately not so much as those leaked pictures. In fact it changes colour by the looks of it, sitting here now it looks almost black as the day dulls down. There are some nice highlights in the paint work also, it is one of the better production paint apps I'd say if not as nice as the prototype (what is) The sculpt is nice and the little art piece on the back is a nice touch. In fact. the whole thing is good overall, I am happier with it than I was expecting after seeing some pictures. This one definitely looks nicer in person.

So, the bad bits of which there are two main ones. The teeth they are just a dull silver and nothing like the prototype, they are also quite sloppy with silver and black in the wrong places, they need a repaint and doing so will transform the piece I am sure, small finishes like this make all the difference and I wish they were included on production pieces. Secondly, the tendons on the side of the mouth are just poorly fitted plastic strips, they look cheap and will need filling, sanding and repainting to become part of the bust imo.

The other negatives should hopefully be specific to mine. There is a large paint chip on the rear of his shoulder, a large scratch just ahead of that and a few more paint blemishes throughout. Also, lower the jaw appears to not be fitted correctly, I'd be interested to see if anybody else has this. I'll try to add a picture but it isn't pushed in properly and the area hasn't been painted either so is quite noticeable from certain angles. Also they only put three pads on my EX plaque so it sits on its back end. I'll just try and find some stick on pads for this.

Just QC problems mostly then. Otherwise this is a great little bust and I recommend it, Alien fans be happy with it.

The sun was behind for most of these pictures so it isn't quite as dark as they suggest, I'll take some more another day.
9vJV05t.jpg

RRS2Bpo.jpg

5FUVN9L.jpg

rxnVTZz.jpg

2AY73CT.jpg

vSsr6WN.jpg

i4fUmoD.jpg

sXwx8ye.jpg

I71KwEq.jpg

N3oCEmI.jpg

6QwWtXk.jpg

r9Cn0aS.jpg

xmDcUf1.jpg

MDyno9B.jpg

dHHbH5t.jpg

wow great pics with great lighting. Im liking it a lot more now and getting mine today. The teeth will be an easy repaint I think. Do the plasic tendons look like they will come off easy? They definately need a repaint or I wont be happy with it long term.

wow great pics with great lighting. Im liking it a lot more now and getting mine today. The teeth will be an easy repaint I think. Do the plasic tendons look like they will come off easy? They definately need a repaint or I wont be happy with it long term.

Thank you. And there is actually a visible clip where they attach, not sure if they are glued on also? I didn't try as I didn't want to break it on day one. :lol It is nice in person, I was worried over the last couple of days but it is good.

Mine hasn't even left the states yet. Estimated delivery is Thursday I think. I love how it looks with the P1. The teeth and tendons are a bit disappointing but I definitely like it overall. Slightly annoyed I didn't get the EX. Didn't really know what I was doing at the time of ordering.

Mine is still in the US, still Thursday estimate though. From these pics I'm happy about the colours of it, still not accurate but not too bad, at least it's not too blue. The plastic tendons do look pretty bad imo, as do the teeth, but I won't be changing anything about it, I have neither the skill or want to do it. Overall though it looks like a solid bust from these pics, I just hope mine has no faults to it, but so far it seems like everybody who has had one so far has.

It appears to be an awesome piece thats held back from being stunning by just a few small issies. Comparitively speaking its alot better off than an upside down arc reactor... Or poison ivy headsculpt change. Instead of spraying the teeth im thinking just a fine brush and a bottle of testors clear gloss will do the trick. Im tempted to even try a few strokes on the tendons. Although i may try and find a smoked clear for them to blend at the top and then work into the clear gloss a bit further down. This way i can attempt to break up the drastic media change. We shall see if i have the courage to try hahaha

Looks good Matt :clap Is that the front of your house? You must of got some funny looks.

The AR on IM was a simple fix, this isn't that easy and will take a bit of work.
The BD...Now that was the IM Busts main issue.

Ill agree with that. But cmon how upset would you be getting that piece and the first thing you notice is that jacked up arc reactor hahahaha.

Back