Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant the P1, I'm pretending the P2 doesn't exist ;) Name plate is a given I think as the ex though I think as we have already seen it displayed with the big chap, bit lazy but if the ed is 500 like the P1 it does help raise the resale value a bit.

Also, I've figured out the problem with the big chaps teeth, aside from the lack of chrome. The warriors appear to be sculpted individually as they should be, the big chaps front teeth are all one piece which gives that slight horse look, my only niggle for an otherwise splendid looking piece imo...

Warriors individual nashers...

Big chaps dentures

Movie big chap

It's a good catch, and I did notice the nice teeth as well; however, I do think that has to do with lighting and the way that shot is put together. I think his canines look really good, but his top and bottom row of regular teeth would likely have that same Big Chap look to them in actual lightning.

Again, that was the main issue for most people with Big Chap, so I'm all for them taking time to fix them up. And I'd have to think they will, as it's not like these are "final" versions of what we'll be getting. With the teeth being the main issue (and such a noticeable part of the statue), it'd be nice if they made them look as good as the rest!

As you can see here, the teeth don't look as bad as the ones we saw at SDCC with camera flash, and natural light hitting them. I also think the chrome look (if not chrome itself) would help a LOT...as the SDCC shots we saw looked very flat, which made it all more noticeable.

jpeg4.jpeg

Again, that was the main issue for most people with Big Chap, so I'm all for them taking time to fix them up. And I'd have to think they will, as it's not like these are "final" versions of what we'll be getting. With the teeth being the main issue (and such a noticeable part of the statue), it'd be nice if they made them look as good as the rest!

As you can see here, the teeth don't look as bad as the ones we saw at SDCC with camera flash, and natural light hitting them. I also think the chrome look (if not chrome itself) would help a LOT...as the SDCC shots we saw looked very flat, which made it all more noticeable.

I like your confidence but I'm not so sure, I can't remember many pieces I have been interested in that SS changed after the preview, the AVP predator bio's had a huge wave of negative feedback with regards to the lenses and still nothing was done. It would be nice though and for what little it was worth I did send them a product suggestion with a link to my post. The picture of the big chap in the preview was confirmed to be the exact same bust that was on display at the con with no alterations... this would seem to suggest a bit of naughty light manipulation (if not photoshop) for that preview to make the teeth look better. As you say it would be a shame not to correct the teeth so that they are the same standard as the rest of the bust. I love it but that extra little bit of effort could make this a truly superb and menacing looking Xenomorph!

Last edited:
I like your confidence but I'm not so sure, I can't remember many pieces I have been interested in that SS changed after the preview, the AVP predator bio's had a huge wave of negative feedback with regards to the lenses and still nothing was done. It would be nice though and for what little it was worth I did send them a product suggestion with a link to my post. The picture of the big chap in the preview was confirmed to be the exact same bust that was on display at the con with no alterations... this would seem to suggest a bit of naughty light manipulation (if not photoshop) for that preview to make the teeth look better. As you say it wouldn't be a shame not to correct the teeth so that they are the same standard as the rest of the bust. I love it but that extra little bit of effort could make this a truly superb and menacing looking Xenomorph!

I'm with you there. I'd love it if they played with the teeth a bit more. Will they? It's PROBABLY unlikely, but I'm sure these aren't due out until, oh, let's guess...June/July. If that's the case, they're still being made. So fingers crossed on that front. Will teeth from SDCC ruin the statue? Not really, but it did look very flat compared to the rest. Part of me things it was pushed out there to be on display, but another part realizes that odds are the design/paint job was pretty close to what the teeth will come out like anyway.

It's definitely got a lot to do with lighting, which is why I always like seeing Con show pictures, or pictures in the preview that may not have their "cinematic" lighting. I don't mind it sometimes, but they seem to be doing it more and more now, so that you can't really get a good look at how it'll look naturally. I do like the addition of the "overall" shot at the bottom of the product pages though, as that'll help a bit.

I guess it's less listening to complaints, and sometimes more what's easier for them. I know with the Batman PF they changed the emblem on his chest, lowered it a bit, and made it so it was sewn into his outfit instead of popping out like their promo piece shows it.

I did hear that the Big Chap picture in the promo add was the same, so lighting definitely changes everything; however, I think a bit more time with the painting instead of making it look like they simply hit the teeth with a big coat of dull paint could make all the difference in separating them from one another, not giving them this connected look.

Hopefully we'll know/have a better look tomorrow if a preview goes up for this one!!

I think the main reason they cast the teeth as one part is ease of assembly. Less parts means quicker build time and less chance of QC problems, like wrong tooth in certain hole, tooth not straight, etc.

I don't think you're gonna get that level of build on a mass produced item.

I think the main reason they cast the teeth as one part is ease of assembly. Less parts means quicker build time and less chance of QC problems, like wrong tooth in certain hole, tooth not straight, etc.

I think people are hoping for something closer to this when it comes to the teeth...which isn't really asking too much since it's half the size and will hopefully be right around half the cost. Alas, I don't think it'll happen, but one can always hope.

2922_press01-001.jpg

2922_press05-001.jpg

The problem with the Giger LSB, IMO, is that the teeth are too vertical. I mean, they're pointing out too much.

I agree, but it can't hurt to ask. They charge premium prices so it isn't too much to ask for a little more accuracy. They have done the hard work already, many have tried to create a big chap and failed, ss have a pretty good looking representation going here, the teeth being corrected would be a relatively small job with very big results. We can only hope.

I think people are hoping for something closer to this when it comes to the teeth...which isn't really asking too much since it's half the size and will hopefully be right around half the cost. Alas, I don't think it'll happen, but one can always hope.

Precisely, that warrior is pretty much a grail piece now and you can see why with that kind of attention to detail. Half scale is certainly large enough to warrant a similar kind of detail. And I imagine the ed on these will be somewhat higher than that original 1:1 warrior.

When is that Spook expo thing?

Next week... https://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/spooktacular-2013/

There also seems to be a dog alien on the top left. I actually hope they skip that one.. Let's just leave it with the warrior.

Why deny those of us who would gladly snatch up a dog alien bust? It's not like you'd be forced to buy one... :wink1:

Nope, I'm sure your knowledge is unmatched. I've slept since then so didn't remember, I was just correcting the poster you quoted in case you weren't aware it wasn't in fact a dog alien in the sketches.

The dog is my least favorite, but he does have a translucent skull so it could be nice if done right.

BAH! Am I the only one not seeing a price?! They want to drive me mad! :banghead

Other than that, it looks fantastic! I love the extra molding of the egg/Facehugger on the base. I DO wish, however, that they'd throw a few up in regular lighting. I know it's not ideal and doesn't REALLY sell the piece like they want, but I mean, the eight or so pictures with mood lighting work well for that! I want to see how it looks regularly! Guess we'll wait until Thursday for that!

Anyway, while the pictures are dark, it looks awesome! Hopefully the price is right so this can turn into a duo with Big Chap!

Not showing the price would like to know. :gah: Maybe they did that on purpose? Who knows.

Back