Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ah, of course. And I agree.

This won't be cheap

What's cheap? I think right now we all believe it'll be between $449 and $499. If it's more than that...well, man, Sideshow really doesn't want people collecting companion pieces!

But again, with Predator LSBs going for $399.99 as of late, a jump of $100 would be quite extreme I believe, and take away any hopes of multiple busts coming my way. I think a jump of $50 due to the length of the head would be understandable, but going higher than that is quite a jump -- which wouldn't shock me, but would likely take a lot of people out of the running for a larger collection. That's the main speculation right now though, and with how certain prices are jumping in the PF department, $499.99 would be disheartening, but almost expected right now :/

The predators have a lot more detail in the form of dreads, quills, netting, and leather straps etc, so it is possible these won't be as expensive as we fear. The paint jobs are equally as detailed, if not more subtle though which is a worry... especially the big chaps dome which needs to be perfect!! All that said I am expecting the worst as ever with SS, especially after seeing the price of the engineer maquette :horror Hope they surprise us again and put these close to the predators prices..

The predators have a lot more detail in the form of dreads, quills, netting, and leather straps etc, so it is possible these won't be as expensive as we fear. The paint jobs are equally as detailed, if not more subtle though which is a worry... especially the big chaps dome which needs to be perfect!! All that said I am expecting the worst as ever with SS, especially after seeing the price of the engineer maquette :horror Hope they surprise us again and put these close to the predators prices..

Please don't expect perfection from SS :lecture :lol

Yeah, that'd be great. Prices are jumping all over though, so $399.99 is out of the question (which I know you weren't expecting.) That's why my hopes are at $449.99! As you and Col mentioned earlier in terms of detail on the Predator LSBs, with this being more or less a pure sculpt with less added pieces, it'd be nice if it only jumped the $50 due to the ongoing inflation that we're all expecting from everything now. I, personally, don't see the justification in a $100 jump, but alas, that's not our call.

Man, if these were $399.99...how sweet would that be. But I must get those thoughts out of my head, as that's just not happening!

Please don't expect perfection from SS :lecture :lol

Don't worry... I didn't go mad...

All that said I am expecting the worst as ever with SS

Even so, I'm just not sure how they could justify much of a price rise, if any at all really. Although when have they ever tried to justify their pricing policy. The Dome on that Big chap better be damn near perfect though, just enough smoke to tone down the skull but not obscure it...

I wouldn't stress TOO much about the dome on Big Chap...the one they showed at SDCC looks solid, and I think they'd be fairly consistent in terms of that. Of course there'll be errors from time to time that I'm sure they'll cover, but overall I'd say that it should work out nicely in the end.

But I do agree, I don't know if they could justify a $100 price jump compared to the recent Predator ones that just came out...unless there's a major difference in size (which would throw off collections.) Here's hoping it's no higher than $50 on that front. I just want them to post the preview! The Warrior that we see in the single shot now looks so vicious! I love it :)

I wouldn't stress TOO much about the dome on Big Chap...the one they showed at SDCC looks solid

Yeah, well apart from the bubble wrap marks where they wrapped it whilst wet. And that one was painted by this absolute pro... ours certainly won't be...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOee4eD1nP8[/ame]

This one looks so cool I might PO it even if I already own the Life size bust. Can't wait to see more.
I hope they sculpted a base as cool as the one for the big chap LB.

Yeah, a weird decision no doubt. I wonder what the ed's will be on these. It will be interesting to see how they compare to the P1 as SS seem to be going mad with them lately.

Yeah, a weird decision no doubt. I wonder what the ed's will be on these. It will be interesting to see how they compare to the P1 as SS seem to be going mad with them lately.

Well, the $389.99 Predator LSB is still available with an edition size of 1000. I'm guessing there'll be a small exclusive with a nameplate, which seems to be the case with most of the busts from what I can tell. I know that the open mouth Predator during SDCC had an edition size of 100 and sold out in a few hours (though that's not overly surprising), and the paint errors MAY have been what kept the Predator from selling out; however, I can't see these Alien busts being much more than 1000 either.

Price will also play a huge factor in how fast they sell out (especially with two Alien busts releasing so close together).

I meant the P1, I'm pretending the P2 doesn't exist ;) Name plate is a given I think as the ex though I think as we have already seen it displayed with the big chap, bit lazy but if the ed is 500 like the P1 it does help raise the resale value a bit.

Also, I've figured out the problem with the big chaps teeth, aside from the lack of chrome. The warriors appear to be sculpted individually as they should be, the big chaps front teeth are all one piece which gives that slight horse look, my only niggle for an otherwise splendid looking piece imo...

Warriors individual nashers...

Big chaps dentures

Movie big chap

I knew this was coming but did not expect this so soon! Gonna be my next piece (after HT Celtic) for sure. A Grid alien would also be a must for me. Who would have thought that Sideshow would be producing good-looking pieces from these licenses again?

I'm hoping Sideshow produce some more Alien Vs Predator pieces too - a Grid Alien maquette/AvP1 Diorama are sorely missed...

Back