Alien vs. Predator 2 - Official Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG

1.3 hours before i go WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't know when i'm going to be able to see it!! too much stuff going on here!!

but i'm excited, even though i'm starting to get a bad feeling that it won't be good.

plus it's only 86 minutes long, including credits. The first one was 87 minutes long WITHOUT the credits. not that that's a sign that it won't be good, it's just very hard to get a good amount of story in such a short running time.

i'm still going though. no question about it.

can we add the word - SPOILERS - on the title of the thread now that the movie will be showing :D

not very positive reviews over @ AICN

The Strause Brothers, however, apparently have no ****ing clue what I'm talking about. Which is pretty unfortunate since they were SUPPOSED to be directing Alien vs Predator: Requiem . . . turns out they were raping everyone in the theatre, taking their money, and stomping on babies as they ran away before the credits rolled. That's about what this movie felt like . . . watching babies getting stomped on. It's a horrible mess that you can't look away from, can do nothing about, and you know in your heart is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

ouch. I'll be passing on this fail. If you wanna put money into this bastardized crap, so they can put out more crap. be my guess.

One thing I keep hearing with near everyone's review (few good, more bad) is how bad the fight scene is with pred/predalien with the camera switching. I was looking foward to that the most.

ouch. I'll be passing on this fail. If you wanna put money into this bastardized crap, so they can put out more crap. be my guess.

The Strause Brothers, however, apparently have no ****ing clue what I'm talking about. Which is pretty unfortunate since they were SUPPOSED to be directing Alien vs Predator: Requiem . . . turns out they were raping everyone in the theatre, taking their money, and stomping on babies as they ran away before the credits rolled. That's about what this movie felt like . . . watching babies getting stomped on. It's a horrible mess that you can't look away from, can do nothing about, and you know in your heart is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

One thing I keep hearing with near everyone's review (few good, more bad) is how bad the fight scene is with pred/predalien with the camera switching. I was looking foward to that the most.

Yes, I would take that person's opinion as fact. Hell, I wouldn't even bother developing a sentient thought of my own. That review is so fair and non-biased, I might as well veg out and let someone else think for me ... :rolleyes: Okay, did my sarcasm come through? Mike Judge had it right in Idiocracy (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/). We don't want to think anymore. We don't want to have opinions. We want our thoughts and beliefs spoon fed to us by some entity ... whether it's the government or Hollywood, so some hack writer who couldn't sell a screen play, so he resorted to film reviewing. I will state the obvious - I haven't seen the movie yet. I have my ticket for 5:05 tonight. However, why would anyone put credence into A.) the ramblings of idiots on AICN or B.) someone who actually compares movies to murdering babies? When a reviewer spends more time trying to create cute little metaphors than he does actually describing the positives and negatives, it's time to flush that review with all the other **** and move on. The movie may be bad. I accept that. But, just because 5 or 6 people say it's bad, doesn't make that so. Is 10 dollars really so much that you can't buy a ticket and judge the movie for yourself?!?

- okay, end of rant. Everyone have a Merry Christmas.

It was cool, but I expected more.

The ending... well.... we could have guessed what would happen based off of the 1st few pictures released.

ALIENS 1 Predators.... 1?

I like it! everybody in the theater was clapping so i thought at least normal people liked it! And another reason why i dint get overly exited about it was to not be let down by it! in all i thought it was very sweet!

PLus the ***cer was sold out!

After doging spoiles for almost a week I finely got out to see AVP-R, and the best way I can put my opinion like this:

about 30 years ago Alien came out, and kicked ass.

20 years ago Aliens was relessed, and rocked.

15 years ago Alien3 came out it sucked and bombed at the box office....

10 years ago Alien: resurrestion came out.....and agian it bombed, and became the bain of Alien fans.......

.....utill AVP1 came out, most people seem to hat it, no one really likes it perse, and every one has problems with it.

then there is AVP-R, And honestly, it's the best Alien film in a long time, it is what was promesed, a R-rated creature feature that shows the "Stars" as they should be. The Aliens aren't shown in broad day light, nor are there any "oh, thats fake" moments, not for the Alien or Predator. The Predator was not not like Freddy, or Jason, or Mike Meyres, he has/had purpuse.

It's not as good Alien 1 or 2, or Predator 1 or 2.

but it is better then Alien 3, 4 and AVP.

Alien 3 wasn't that bad...though like everyone else I hate that it basically spit on everything that James Cameron did by killing off Hicks and Newt.

Well if you can come up with a better script for Hicks and Newt inside max security prison complex please let us know lol

I dont think Alien3 could have been done any better

Well if you can come up with a better script for Hicks and Newt inside max security prison complex please let us know lol

I dont think Alien3 could have been done any better

Who says they had to land on a max security prison planet? :monkey1 :D

But we can agree to disagree. :chew

They didnt have to but i dont really see where else they could have landed. It was either there or earth, it had to be somewhere inhabited by humans.

It could have been a USCM base but then the company would have gotten the queen out of her. I feel the prison scenario added depth and more frightening aspects to the movie, not to mention the brilliant angle that the religion brought on also. Being surrounded by rapists, thieves, murderers & scum combined with a strain of Alien shes never seen, couldnt have gotten scarier for her imo

Back