Alien vs. Predator 2 - Official Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry man but i couldnt understand that post

But, the difference between AVP and Alien3 is that Alien3 worked and brought closure to the series

But, the difference between AVP and Alien3 is that Alien3 worked and brought closure to the series

Agreed. Plus, I don't care if all he had done was music videos and commercials at that point, I'll take David Fincher over Paul WS Hack Anderson every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Not even close.

They didnt have to but i dont really see where else they could have landed. It was either there or earth, it had to be somewhere inhabited by humans.

While I'm fine with how Alien 3 was, but for the production issues brought on by the studio, the highlighted portion above is quite arguable. This is sci-fi, you could make up and bull**** reason for humans to be on some remote planet, a mining facility for workers like the crew in ALIEN or whatever, it didn't have to be a prison, that's just the course they chose.

Yeah but the Teraforming/Mining/Construction was LV-426 in Aliens, the would have been silly to re use that

I don't think so though, just establishes a stronger sense of purpose to humans in the Alien world. They did mention it in ALIENS like what was done on LV-426 happens all the time. That's one thing never established in the Alien series, a core purpose to human life, what we're doing and why we're in space. It's not necessary, but having similar setups on different worlds certainly wouldn't hurt anything. Plus, being another planet, the colony could be more developed than LV-426, since it was stated they take decades to complete, and therefore the scenarios could be totally different. The beauty of films like this is your imagination is pretty much free to roam. Like all the inmates of Alien 3 and the government saying sure stay behind whatever. In other storylines, a government would just have easily said **** you, killed all the prisoners and put the planet to some other use.

You make good points, but i prefer the prison colony for its dangerous environment and dark setting

Oh I'm not saying anything was wrong with where it took place, you just mentioned that there was almost a lack of options and I just wanted to point out how limitless options are in sci-fi.

My only issue with 3 was Hicks' death. I think the effect of him being gone could have been just as powerful if he made it onto that planet, the alien was born, and he bit it early on in an act of bravery. Killing him was good for the Ripley character, but such a cool hero should have gone down fighting.

Maybe if he lived he could have been killed by the Alien this time around or even a prisoner in an attempt to get to Ripley

My only issue with 3 was Hicks' death. I think the effect of him being gone could have been just as powerful if he made it onto that planet, the alien was born, and he bit it early on in an act of bravery. Killing him was good for the Ripley character, but such a cool hero should have gone down fighting.

That's pretty much sums up how I feel about it, too. Having the film open with Newt and Hicks already dead somehow came off feeling like a shortcut to me. It would've been better if they'd at least allowed us to see how they died, or made their deaths more meaningful somehow. I think that would've gotten us much more emotionally involved in the story from the get go and also given us a little time for closure before launching into the new plot. I think a lot of us were expecting to see at least some sort of a connection to the ending of Aliens. If Newt and Hicks had to die in order for Ripley to move on to the next phase of her horrific adventure, then so be it. Anyway, I really didn't like the way they were so abruptly cut out of the story line. That part sucked, but the rest of the movie delivered what it intended, and had some wonderfully creepy classic "alien moments" all its own. Here boy, c'mere lil' poochie...

Well they got into issues with Biehn so they don't show them dying because having his face mangled up from being impaled was the easiest way to not have to have it look like him anymore.

Well they got into issues with Biehn so they don't show them dying because having his face mangled up from being impaled was the easiest way to not have to have it look like him anymore.

Yes, and that's exactly what made it feel like a cheap sidestep of the Aliens connection. Better if they had not even shown Hicks and Newt at all than to do it that way. Phooey!!!

I have the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set, and during his commentary on ALIENS, actor Michael Biehn said he was NOT even contacted by the producers of ALIEN 3 to make a cameo even as dead Hicks. I could tell from his commentary he was very angry about this. I agree it would have been great to see him survive the crash in the beginning of ALIEN 3, and have helped Ripley defeat that goofy-looking CGI "dog" alien! Yeah, I hate ALIEN 3....I've made that well-known on this board. :D

I have the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set, and during his commentary on ALIENS, actor Michael Biehn said he was NOT even contacted by the producers of ALIEN 3 to make a cameo even as dead Hicks. I could tell from his commentary he was very angry about this. I agree it would have been great to see him survive the crash in the beginning of ALIEN 3, and have helped Ripley defeat that goofy-looking CGI "dog" alien! Yeah, I hate ALIEN 3....I've made that well-known on this board. :D

No doubt Biehn was very pissed...I am too!Hicks was awesome and still is.

I believe Biehn complained to the studio about them using his likeness and they paid him out for it.

No doubt Biehn was very pissed...I am too!Hicks was awesome and still is.

I believe Biehn complained to the studio about them using his likeness and they paid him out for it.

what likeness!? you couldnt even see if the remains on the ship were even human!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Looked more like corned beef!

Hicks was gonna sue them for using his face so they paid him more than he earned from Cameron in Aliens.

thats some interesting trivia

That is interesting... Sounds like they really screwed the pooch in more ways than one then.

I don't have either one on DVD, and I don't miss 'em that much. I'd watch 'em if they showed on TV, but that's about it.

Last edited:
Back