Alien vs. Predator 2 - Official Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could've very well cut out some more exposition that set a little more of the background up.

Yeah, I did kind of title this wrong.

It's not the first 5 minutes really. It's just 5 minutes of AvP:R.

They'll be alot more filler in there when you see the movie.

And am I the only one who thinks that a species that has mastered intersteller travel and "invisibility", would've figured out something different to put a facehugger in other than a GLASS CONTAINER?!

Last edited:
Yeah, I did kind of title this wrong.

It's not the first 5 minutes really. It's just 5 minutes of AvP:R.

They'll be alot more filler in there when you see the movie.

And am I the only one who thinks that a species that has mastered intersteller travel and "invisibility", would've figured out something different to put a facehugger in than a GLASS CONTAINER?!

Who said it was glass??? "Maybe it's a thong or some thing new, something totally different that we don't even know about???" Frank the Tank from Old School!

It's Predator Glass I'm sure it strong, maybe it's just not spaceship crash resilient though!

It's the international release date.
Last night I went to see 30 days of night (loved it) and they played the "countdown" trailer. There was very little reaction from the crowd...
But I must admit, it seemed pretty effective to me, as a trailer.

Last night I went to see 30 days of night (loved it) and they played the "countdown" trailer. There was very little reaction from the crowd...

30 days of night is pretty damn cool, i watched it expecting it to be like any other vampire movie. but i actually enjoyed this one. kept me tense throught the movie.

AVP2 is for us die hard fans, the general public wont give a rats ass about it, Anderson made sure of that

4 DAYS TO GO!!

C3.jpg

100_4104b.jpg

bbb1a.jpg

AA1.jpg

M.jpg

q1.jpg

Let me guess, this guy who 'saw it' probably trashed the hell out of it in his review and said that now-a-day's the AvP movies are just horrendous and stupid right? That no director can do both characters justice, right? Like he could better. Yeah.

I hate little movie buff guys who think they know absolutely everything that makes a movie good, much worse - I hate the people who go and see these when they are made to be badass sci-fi/action movies and expect them to be full on horror movies, and think because they've seen a couple of DVD's they know how it 'should be done.' Give me a ****ing break, I already know what the ****** bag wrote without having to click on the link. Especially because it's on RottenTomatoes.com.

I did that for AvP and regretted reading what some ******* who could have just seen an extended trailer had to say.

Fact is, not everyone is as big of a fan of certain franchises and will take shots wherever they can, especially now that every bum who works in a theater can see **** early, get on the net, and play movie reviewer and crap all over something. Also, people take these movies WAY to seriously and over think **** WAY to much. Hell, someone on a different forum started making up reasons why Predators have jewelry in there dreadlocks, WHO CARES?!?

It's a ****ing movie, let it entertain you and stop being such hard-to-please *******s. Christ.

God that felt good to say.

Point is, the internet let's people think their opinion is all that matters. Great job, ruling the keyboard with an iron fist.

Read a review on another forum, since his bro,friend, something works at the theater, so he got to see a sneak peak.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=599697

Now I can see why no critic reviewed this film.

Movie studios do this all the time. If they know a movie is ultimately going to be "bad" then they don't let critics review it until the day of public release. I believe FOX did the same thing with the first AvP film.

FOX knows the two franchises are HOT regardless of the way the movie goes...it's going to make money!And so is the merchandise.They can make these movies cheaply and get cheap talent...wait...not talent....that's the wrong word...cheap cast & crew and still reap in a bundle...just like AvP.

AvP is like Freddy vs. Jason from several years back. FvJ was TERRIBLE and bombed at the box office and in critical reviews. AvP was TERRIBLE, but did decent at the box office and better with DVD sales and was a merchandising giant....mainly because I'd say the Alien/Predator franchises are much more popular than Freddy and Jason.

AvP is pretty much becoming like Star Wars...the movies suck, but the merchandise rules. :rock

Depending on how the movie goes i still think it will be better than AVP, the people reviewing this stuff just see it as another movie the real fans see it as redemption for past failure

...I should have never clicked the link into this thread.

I knew the review was going to ultimately be biased toward one spectrum, not in the middle at all.

I don't get how someone can say the merchandise rules, but the movies suck.

Maybe some people expect to much, but really, people ought to be HAPPY these movies are being made. It took what, FOURTEEN YEARS for another movie to be made with a damn Predator in it?

Jesus, people read one review and all the sudden I'm getting the vibe from them of, "meh, it could be better," and it hasn't even been released yet!

...I should have never clicked the link into this thread.

I knew the review was going to ultimately be biased toward one spectrum, not in the middle at all.

I don't get how someone can say the merchandise rules, but the movies suck.

Maybe some people expect to much, but really, people ought to be HAPPY these movies are being made. It took what, FOURTEEN YEARS for another movie to be made with a damn Predator in it?

Jesus, people read one review and all the sudden I'm getting the vibe from them of, "meh, it could be better," and it hasn't even been released yet!

Actually, if you read some of the other posts in that thread, at least two other people saw the movie and had some positive things to say about it.

I am happy that these movies are being made, I love both franchises but I'm not going to say that an otherwise "bad" movie like AvP was fantastic JUST BECAUSE I love Aliens/Predators. You want to talk to someone who endlessly defends something no matter how bad it might get...talk to The Josh about Star Wars. :D

I'm going to formulate my own opinion about AvP:R once I see the movie...the comment about it was said mostly in passing but there is truth in it. I don't think Aliens/Predator has seen this much merchandise out EVER.

You must also consider that both franchises have had the bar set pretty damn high in terms of their movies. Fans have seen what they can consider the absolute best of these creatures in terms of storyline, directing, casting, etc. (opinions on that sentence I say there may vary). So when films like AvP come out fans end up being disappointed because they will always have ALIEN/ALIENS and/or PREDATOR (heck...maybe even PREDATOR 2) in the back of their minds as the definitive films of these creatures and we will ALWAYS wish to see something that will bring it back up to that par.

Back