Alien vs. Predator 2 - Official Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant THIS thread, I never clicked the link into the other because I already knew what the review would say, plus I didn't want any parts of the movie outside of the trailers to spoil anything for me.

As for where I live, I haven't seen any merchandise out except the PSP game. What other merchandise is out as of right now, and where can I buy it? I'm like a crackhead for this stuff man! I NEED MY FIX!

I meant THIS thread, I never clicked the link into the other because I already knew what the review would say, plus I didn't want any parts of the movie outside of the trailers to spoil anything for me.

As for where I live, I haven't seen any merchandise out except the PSP game. What other merchandise is out as of right now, and where can I buy it? I'm like a crackhead for this stuff man! I NEED MY FIX!

In terms of merchandise I mean things like the figures (ones recently from Hot Toys, McFarlane Toys, NECA, etc.), statues, props, etc. that you can mostly find online. Not stuff you can find in the stores. It's not a lot (a la Star Wars,Marvel) but it's more than I think both franchises had out at one point.

Let me guess, this guy who 'saw it' probably trashed the hell out of it in his review and said that now-a-day's the AvP movies are just horrendous and stupid right? That no director can do both characters justice, right? Like he could better. Yeah.

I hate little movie buff guys who think they know absolutely everything that makes a movie good, much worse - I hate the people who go and see these when they are made to be badass sci-fi/action movies and expect them to be full on horror movies, and think because they've seen a couple of DVD's they know how it 'should be done.' Give me a ****ing break, I already know what the ****** bag wrote without having to click on the link. Especially because it's on RottenTomatoes.com.

I did that for AvP and regretted reading what some ******* who could have just seen an extended trailer had to say.

Fact is, not everyone is as big of a fan of certain franchises and will take shots wherever they can, especially now that every bum who works in a theater can see **** early, get on the net, and play movie reviewer and crap all over something. Also, people take these movies WAY to seriously and over think **** WAY to much. Hell, someone on a different forum started making up reasons why Predators have jewelry in there dreadlocks, WHO CARES?!?

It's a ****ing movie, let it entertain you and stop being such hard-to-please *******s. Christ.

God that felt good to say.

Point is, the internet let's people think their opinion is all that matters. Great job, ruling the keyboard with an iron fist.

Damn strate:rock

I get tired of all these bumbasses triyng ruin the fun for everyone too!

and whats this **** of knowing some one who can get you in early? eather this guy is full of it or some one needs to loose thier job. if Fox wanted this movie screen early they would have.

Exactly PROWL, I've worked at our theater and never once did anyone let me watch a movie early just because I worked there, nor was I allowed to bring friends in as 'special guests.'

More movies should be treated like AVP:R, without to much info getting leaked, without special little critics watching it and releasing reviews before the release, I really miss the days before the internet, though I was young... NO ONE spoiled anything, now a days everyone 'has to be the first' to see everything and give their lame ass opinions.

Let me guess, this guy who 'saw it' probably trashed the hell out of it in his review and said that now-a-day's the AvP movies are just horrendous and stupid right? That no director can do both characters justice, right? Like he could better. Yeah.

I hate little movie buff guys who think they know absolutely everything that makes a movie good, much worse - I hate the people who go and see these when they are made to be badass sci-fi/action movies and expect them to be full on horror movies, and think because they've seen a couple of DVD's they know how it 'should be done.' Give me a ****ing break, I already know what the ****** bag wrote without having to click on the link. Especially because it's on RottenTomatoes.com.

I can't speak for the second AVP movie as I haven't seen it, but the first one was crap and while I certainly believe there are alot of directors who could turn this franchise into a real winner I just don't think that two guys whose only directing credit is for a Coke commercial are up to the task.

I have no doubt there will be alot of negative reviews on this movie, though I doubt the reviews will be as bad as AVP. But in all honesty Fox has already set the stage for this to happen. Once again they will not allow the critics to see this movie in advance of it's premiere. They are not doing this out of the goodness of their heart's for fear of people reading any spoilers. They are doing it because in their own opinion the movie isn't very good, and they want to make as much money as possible in the first few days of it's release.

What I can't figure out is why are you trashing some guy for his review when you haven't even seen it yet:confused: At least he's seen the movie and while you may not agree with his POV, on what basis do you have the right to call him a ****** bag. Even if you have seen it, why is his opinion of less value than your's?:confused: You accuse many of these movie reviewer's of being biased against these type's of movie's yet you are no different than them as you are obviously biased for this movie before you have ever seen it.

As for RottenTomatoes...I love that website! While I certainly don't agree with the critic's 100% of the time they have sure saved me alot of money over the years.

Point is, the internet let's people think their opinion is all that matters. Great job, ruling the keyboard with an iron fist.

Point is...aren't you doing the same thing?

I don't give a stuff what a critic says i'm gonna go watch it anyway. What kind of people are we if we continue to let others make up our minds before we even take a look at something. Just because one guy says "No this is bad its a flop its a failure" i don't think it warrants us to adopt the same opinion when we haven't even had a look or given it a chance. Who the **** even invented the profession "Critic" they need to be taken out the back and shot just like the Paparazzi

I don't give a stuff what a critic says i'm gonna go watch it anyway. What kind of people are we if we continue to let others make up our minds before we even take a look at something. Just because one guy says "No this is bad its a flop its a failure" i don't think it warrants us to adopt the same opinion when we haven't even had a look or given it a chance. Who the **** even invented the profession "Critic" they need to be taken out the back and shot just like the Paparazzi

I think most alien/predator fans will see it regardless of what the critics say...though I will say they were bang on concerning AVP. I won't be seeing AVP-R, not because of the critic's but because of Fox. I am not going to "reward" Fox by paying to see a movie even they don't think is very good. They stole my money with AVP, and I'm not going to allow them to do it to me again.

As for the critic's themselves I think they provide a valuable service. They are not trying to make up our minds when they review a movie, they are giving their opinion, pure and simple. I welcome their opinion's as most critic's, esp. the high profile one's are vastly more knowledgeable about the movie industry, and the nuances involved in movie-making, than I am. Sure there have been times when I haven't seen a movie until it comes out on DVD because of the negative reviews [and most times I'm glad I did] but there have been even more movies that I have seen that I wouldn't have, because of favorable reviews. So that axe swings in both directions.

Exactly PROWL, I've worked at our theater and never once did anyone let me watch a movie early just because I worked there, nor was I allowed to bring friends in as 'special guests.'

More movies should be treated like AVP:R, without to much info getting leaked, without special little critics watching it and releasing reviews before the release, I really miss the days before the internet, though I was young... NO ONE spoiled anything, now a days everyone 'has to be the first' to see everything and give their lame ass opinions.

Absolutely. It disgusts the hell out me when some puke-faced dickweed hack critic does their bloody best to spoil it for everybody even before anyone's had a chance to see the damn movie for themselves!!! Jerks like that should be skinned alive an hung up in a tree for the maggots and buzzards to snack on! :D I think Vasquez from Aliens summed up that type of moron best: "Pendejo jerkoff."

i just came back from AvP-R (it's xmas here in Malaysia). i won't give my opinion just yet cos i myself am not the type who's open to any opinion before i watch a film i'm highly anticipating...

however, for those who are more curious, you can read a review i came across in the link below. let me just say that i concur with it 110%. don't click if you don't wanna know yet :monkey3

AvP-R REVIEW

i just came back from AvP-R (it's xmas here in Malaysia). i won't give my opinion just yet cos i myself am not the type who's open to any opinion before i watch a film i'm highly anticipating...

however, for those who are more curious, you can read a review i came across in the link below. let me just say that i concur with it 110%. don't click if you don't wanna know yet :monkey3

AvP-R REVIEW

Haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't say whether it's good or bad. However, it's obvious in the first paragraph of that review that the viewer's hatred of the first AVP biased him towards this new film. I am sorry, but people like that go into the film expecting to hate it. And trust me, I don't care how good something is, if you want to find reasons to *****, you will. So, lets all go see the film and judge for ourselves.

It looks like most of the people who've posted their thoughts here would like to see the movie and judge for themselves. I don't think that's asking too much. There will be plenty of time for discussion after that. It doesn't open until the 28th where I am, so I think I'll check back here after I've had a chance to see it for myself.

I'm going to see this movie with no expectations, like any movie, I take them as they come. Most reviews of Halloween (though many of a HORRIBLE early cut of the film) would suggest don't go see it and I saw it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Anything in life will let you down if you have expectations and they aren't met. That last review reads like a die hard Cameron/Scott/McTiernan fan and I've long come to terms with the fact we'll never get Alien or Predator films like that again, but there is still room for decent films and the more they can be true to the source material the better and it sounds like AVPR is a first step in that redemption and perhaps if there's a 3rd film, it will be the culmination of fan boy dreams.

I'm off today but got family affairs and I just don't want to fight through crowds on Christmas, plus I'm making a movie day for myself and seeing National Treasure also.

Back