Alien Newborn 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand that people don't like this movie or Alien, but man...I just really disagree. I think the Newborn was a killer concept. In fact, my only disappointment was that it wasn't in the movie for very long.
This bust looks great, and thanks for sharing your pics! I need to save up some cash to get this. Hopefully since most don't like it, it will be around a while before selling out.

More in hand pics from Asia.
There are a few close-up images which I think they're showing some defects of the paint/casting job.
But still, my first CP piece and it's a proper bust unlike the others.
4c060ea4462309f7ddb82d3c780e0cf3d6cad691.jpg
6445e73d70cf3bc74ec24dc2db00baa1cc112aae.jpg
396503f5e0fe992516cee97e3ea85edf8cb171ae.jpg
f56845600c338744451178535b0fd9f9d62aa091.jpg
5243f7f9d72a605989f5be352234349b023bba80.jpg
09372c087bf40ad1e23198cc5d2c11dfa8ecce90.jpg
88989d1c8701a18bf0db4460942f07082838febd.jpg
738315c79f3df8dccfd8d0bec711728b46102887.jpg

for the asking price these are painted really poorly

Indeed. Which really sucks because I love this piece. Just looking at the paint on the teeth....yikes. Not only that, but what really stinks is that the Newborns jaw is not solid like this sculpt. It is open after the molars, not filled in solid with gums like this. Grrrrr

Honestly I was really excited about cool props and I purchased the predator 2 bust which has a nice face but overall massive disappointment.
I mean it looks good from a distance but quality is just really poor in terms of paint application which is too bad it's a great sculpt.

Here's hoping that their partnership with prime one will help them improve upon their flaws which seems to be the paint application I would've bought all of these alien busts but as I can see here nothing has improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's hoping that their partnership with prime one will help them improve upon their flaws which seems to be the paint application I would've bought all of these alien busts but as I can see here nothing has improved

It will certainly help the maquettes as it's Prime 1 producing them. Sadly the busts remain in the hands of coolprops so there partnership with P1 will not improve them.

Well, I ordered it without seeing any customers pics. I was going to hold out, but they just came in stock, and already are a low quantity. So instead of missing out, I pulled the trigger. I will return if it it looks bad.

Not that anyone seems to care about this bust, but I got number 67! I'm at work now, but I'll post pics tonight.
IMG_9661.JPG

Here are a few quick pics of the Newborn. There is more detail in the paint job than I thought there would be (great veining), and overall it's nice. The gloss coat is inconsistent though, and thats a huge pet peeve of mine. I will work on a video review this weekend, and give more thoughts once I have time to look it over better. One odd thing is that the give ZERO edition size. It's #67, but of what? 100? 100,000? I mean, who gives a **** if you don't list how many were made. Also, the box is labeled FOR JAPAN ONLY...I thought that the ones coming to the states were a different, larger batch?
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender-3.jpg
FullSizeRender-4.jpg
FullSizeRender-5.jpg
FullSizeRender-6.jpg
FullSizeRender-8.jpg
FullSizeRender-10.jpg
FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Awesome bust! even if i am not very resurrection, it is really well done!! comgratulations!!!can't wait to see mine!!!

Awesome bust! even if i am not very resurrection, it is really well done!! comgratulations!!!can't wait to see mine!!!

Post pics of yours as well...I'd like to compare different ones. The underside of some features are not finished well at all, and in some places, there is no paint. I don't think they bothered to look underneath things much.

Hi Burtial I can't wait to get mine, mine bust: big chap's bust. sorry for the missunderstanding:)

I am not a statue reviewer. I don't care about subscribers or views...so don't beat me up about lighting, ect. With that said, here is a basic review of the bust, and what you might expect to get.

I am not a statue reviewer. I don't care about subscribers or views...so don't beat me up about lighting, ect. With that said, here is a basic review of the bust, and what you might expect to get.

Really awesome video:) thanks a lot! Congratulations for this piece, I find they nailed the expression!!
Wow!

Dead on, this thing is life like AF.

Those eyes half life.

That's why I love it so much. Separate from the Alien franchise, it's a great creature. To be terrifying, yet sympathetic at the same time is not easy to pull off. Those eyes draw you in.

Back