Alien Newborn 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, lucky me. They updated the arrival date for Booger to today.[emoji4]

I'm working most of the day so won't have time to receive him myself. My wife will though.

Stay tuned for tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d6bd73420f221a4be643c371cfaae9ee.jpg
4cce77daf53ffe74034ed2eebd6351c3.jpg
6010c3441db3800a660876f3582d4c8a.jpg
af930972e7ecb690bcf9f8adfd8db257.jpg
f17d2bff0881ce711f24831fbae9caa4.jpg
88e2115264680f21cdbcfe79e72bc81f.jpg

He's finally here after dicking around with UPS for the last 2 days.

It's a nice solid piece. I can't complain one bit about anything really.

Get em while you can.

Awesome! I'm glad you finally got it. I love your green goblin BTW.

Question- Does yours have an even gloss coat? I have several areas (like on the underside of pockets) where they missed on mine.

Awesome! I'm glad you finally got it. I love your green goblin BTW.

Question- Does yours have an even gloss coat? I have several areas (like on the underside of pockets) where they missed on mine.

Yeah, thanks man. The Goblin was just reacquired from a friend I sold it to 4 years ago. I did a closet built in for him and it was a straight trade. Found out after I finished the closet that the bust has increased in price from $599 to $1100

I'd say the closet was worth more than the bust, but at least it's not as bad as doing it for $600. [emoji38]

And I'd rather build someone something for something like this than to pay cash. So I'm [emoji4] Lol.

The bust does has an uneven amount of clear coat all over, especially inside the pocket gills. They seemed to focus the wetness on primarily the face. But that may have been done on purpose. [emoji52]

Love it! Doesn't seem nearly as big as I thought it would be, gonna have to add it to my collection.

Love it! Doesn't seem nearly as big as I thought it would be, gonna have to add it to my collection.

Yeah, I know. I expected it to be bigger. It does need to be high up on a shelf though to really appreciate him.

I plan on building some shelving and putting him high up.

Also, I will say that the way this guy was packaged was pretty interesting. I don't know if all the alien heads are packed this way and I didn't take a pic before packaged the box away, but they used threaded bolts and nuts to tie it down to a black board at the bottom of the insert.

Paint job is obviously leaps and bounds better than what we have now. But i actually prefer the sculpt of the one we have now more. Put that paint job, on the current Newborn and that would be best of both worlds.

I like it. But $4,000....[emoji30]

Yeah, it's pricey no doubt. But it's created in the same studio that made the real deal, by the same people. Imagine how much more they aare paid than the average Chines factory worker. But also imagine how much more care and attention they will put into it. I can't afford it, but for those who can, this is surely a good opportunity.

It's amazing, but I also prefer the sculpt I have..I like the sadness in the eyes. I'll be sticking with the one I have. But if I was rich, I'd buy it!

Yeah its the eyes. They look innocent in the current version, they look like a wise man passing judgement in the new one.

I think the ADI version looks much better (as it should) Do I do agree on the eyes, I kind of like the more open eyes on the CP bust. I much prefer the fully closed mouth on the ADI bust however.

Hi guys, I was never happy with the paint execution from Coolprops on this, so this weekend I reworked about 60% of it to make it pop more and added a proper gloss coat. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

IMG_1342.jpg
IMG_1343.jpg
IMG_1337.jpg
IMG_1338.jpg

Back