Alien Newborn 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As bizarre as a design as this is. I'm excited to finally see it made into a bust. I'll def have one as I'm obligated by my obsession. :)

It looks as simultaneously frightening and pathetic as it did in the movie. Amazing work, especially with the eyes. Depending on the price, I may get this.

Also, with all that detail and variation in skin tone, it makes me think that Cool Props could make an awesome Pumpkinhead bust. Not that that will ever happen, but I can dream. :wink1:

In looking at some still shots from Alien Res I somewhat find it hard to believe that this piece will actually be 1:1 in scale. What do you all think? Some of you who have actually seen this piece in person may have a better idea than the rest of us from just photos.
alien-newborn.jpg

344a7g1.jpg

And if it is... WOW is this thing going to be massive!

Well the site lists the size at about 20.5" high and about 26" long. It seems about right as its just the head with no shoulders. Thats pretty friggin big!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It's smaller cos there's some of the back of the head rounded off. Mixed feelings on this piece, I like the head, but the creature itself and how it couldn't even walk in a movie that is an embarrassment means a likely pass.

I think its just great.

Evoked all kinds of emotions seeing the helplessness of this sad deformed creature in the film.

A certain pre-order item for me. Done !
Love the slime effects and that creamy white colouring.

i hope this stays in stock for awhile.. After the Alien busts release, I will have about $300 in Sideshow bucks, and I will use it towards this.

Will I be the only one here who has it pre-orderd?
Like it quite a lot, hahaha.

I've got both Warriors locked down. I will be getting the rest (Dog, Big Chap, AvP Warrior/ Grid Warrior, AvP:R Warrior and Resurrection Warrior). I haven't yet ordered the newborn as the price is a bit hard to swallow for an "Alien" that I'm not really a fan of. I just want to put the money towards the others beforehand and see what happens.

I wasn't going to get this at first simply because i thought my kids would be terrified of it, but I *think* i found a place in the house where it can be concealed if needed so im back in on this piece... pre-ordered!

I actually think this is the most interesting piece out of the 3 latest alien releases from cp and i think they captured the pathetic and grotesque look very very well of the newborn. It just looks fantastic!

So another payment plan initiated and put me on the list for one!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

This piece is not creating as much interest as I thought it would. From the posts I have read seems like there is not much "LOVE" for this character. :(

I guess its a while away from arrival anyway. Plenty of time to spark a wildfire of debate !

Was just looking at page 1 of this (again). Wow do they really have some talented people over at CoolProps! The blank sculpt is incredible! Really would love to see some WIP for the warrior and Dog heads and maybe a bit more of the 'ol chap.

I didn't like the body design so much on this guy, but I loved the look of his face and the emotion that managed to get into it. So this bust is ideal for me. I simply don't have the finances or the space to display it currently otherwise I'd be buying one. I do appreciate it is a marmite item however, I understand completely why some people really don't like the newborn at all.

The newborn is definitely a polarizing character, so I'm not surprised that people aren't lining up to buy this one, especially compared to creatures like the Aliens warrior or dog alien. That said, I am definitely considering getting this. The sculpt and paint look phenomenal, and unlike the other aliens, it has a neck! :) Before I commit to buying this however, I would like to see some in-hand pictures of other Cool Props busts to get a feel for their production quality. The paint job will make or break this bust.

This might be the only alien "bust" I get from CoolProps for two reasons.

1) There is more to it than just the head.

2) There's never going to be another life-size anything of this character made again.

This might be the only alien "bust" I get from CoolProps for two reasons.

1) There is more to it than just the head.

2) There's never going to be another life-size anything of this character made again.

That's for sure! I expect to eventually pick this piece up. From the show pics it really looks like they've done an amazing job on this!

I wonder if this will be the first piece that begins to ship, because it was the first piece that went up for preorder?

Back