Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big chap with the rest of the gang.
LOL.jpg

How do people that have had these for some time feel about them now? I have the chance to buy one for the equivalent of about $1200 plus shipping and I'm incredibly tempted!!

I got this when it first came out. Kept it for awhile, just could never get over those hands. I liked the pose though.

I have not seen one sell over $1000, even NIB so that seems a bit high.

I'm in the UK though, we always pay over the odds, it works out to about £720, even Collectables direct sold these for £870 back when they were available. This one is new also, I've wanted one for ages now, it has just come at a bad time so I'm trying to talk myself into it a bit more, the hand doesn't bother me at all, don't get all the fuss.

I'm in the UK though, we always pay over the odds, it works out to about £720, even Collectables direct sold these for £870 back when they were available. This one is new also, I've wanted one for ages now, it has just come at a bad time so I'm trying to talk myself into it a bit more, the hand doesn't bother me at all, don't get all the fuss.

Well in that case maybe it is not such a bad deal if they were already that much for you guys. I have been looking for a while now, just never have the funds when one comes up. Thinking about selling my Gambit EX to pay for him instead of dumping more cash into my collection. Once you start with these higher end pieces it gets out of hand quick.

How do people that have had these for some time feel about them now? I have the chance to buy one for the equivalent of about $1200 plus shipping and I'm incredibly tempted!!

I still have mine on display with the other SS 1/4 Aliens. Still no regrets. The paint app isn't the best when compared to the rest but, I love the fact that he towers over them all and he looks great doing so.

$1,200 sounds a bit steep for this piece IMO. But, if you're willing to pay the price, then I'd say go for it.

I find myself in the same situation as you, Python. Being in Canada, it's quite difficult finding someone willing to ship across the border, and when they are willing the price is typically astronomical.

I contacted a fellow board member regarding one they had for sale, but they were wanting $1500 shipped. I felt that was a bit steep, so the search continues. I would've paid $1200 to $1250 in a heartbeat. Oh well.

Back