Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$1200 banked in the big chap fund so far. A few months ago that means I'm a few hundred bucks away from picking one up. But the price is shooting up out of control. I might not be able to justify purchasing one if it stays in the price range its at. The ebay ones are listed at minimum $2550. And there's one listed in the commerce section here for $2100. :gah: Then again, maybe I'll win the lottery tomorrow. :lol

I have considered selling mine and my Sano special edition but haven't pulled the trigger. I just checked eBay and it seems the only real closed sale for the big chap is at 1500. There are two fake sales over the 3 and 4k mark but those aren't legit IMO. Buying this piece really drove home my strategy for collecting. Wait til release and try to pick up a used one before it sells out. There were a whole bunch of these for sale from people that likely POed is months in advance but now the supply has dried up completely.

Don't see them often here, but people don't pay much over the odds for them when they do come up, the last one I saw was brand new and £700... It didn't sell. I saved enough for one of these as I really want one, but then I stumbled across an EX P1 maquette for a good price, the choice was easy and the savings disappeared. Back to square one.

I have considered selling mine and my Sano special edition but haven't pulled the trigger. I just checked eBay and it seems the only real closed sale for the big chap is at 1500. There are two fake sales over the 3 and 4k mark but those aren't legit IMO.

Yup.... mentioned as much in that order thread ;p

Another closed on ebay listed at $2000. Best offer was excepted but it's safe to assume it wasn't more than a few hundred dollars lower. Is the price on this thing just going up and up? This is the worst. :(

It sold for $1900, UK one though. Sometimes they are cheaper then US, but usually more expensive >< Stuff is just harder to find there I guess. Though seeing as it was 1900 exactly offer (which is like 1200+ gbp) it was probably a US buyer, in which case I kinda pitty him ;p I would have nightmares waiting for this thing to come broken ><

There was a brand new one up for £800 not so long ago, it didn't sell. The guy offered me it for £700, would have torn his arm off usually but it wasn't a great time for me. I wouldn't pay much more as much as I do want one.

Sometimes prices rise ;p though maybe it hasn't. TBH after those fake postings I even mentioned it might artificially rise for a bit. People see them and don't realize they're fake and say "oh I want that price!". But if they keep selling higher then that's the new price ^^ They're worth whatever people will pay for them after all.

Day 3: No big chaps in site. Hope is fading. Ebay sellers continue to be as stupid as you would expect. $2750? Yeah, okay. :lol

Day 3: No big chaps in site. Hope is fading. Ebay sellers continue to be as stupid as you would expect. $2750? Yeah, okay. :lol

You can't expect to get a piece like this that was pretty limited in the first place years later for a decent price instantly. You gotta be patient and wait ;p I know that's hard cause you will get the temptation to use that money somewhere else but that's how it goes :p Same happened for me, I wanted a PF Scout trooper and I didn't want to wait and the only one available was like 2k. If I had waited there's been like 4 or 5 since that have gone for the more appropriate price of <1200, but I spent the money already! ;p

So just sit on it, and wait patiently.

Start counting in months, not days :p

edit: just a note since I wasn't clear. I didn't buy the 2k scout I spent it on something else and didn't have it available when the time came :p

Last edited:
tumblr_m7g8sje91g1rxv5j8o1_500.gif

Swift, I got very lucky and located one through an eBay seller who was fantastic to deal with. He had one for me brand new in box. I sold three Legendary Scale busts, and a Dewback w/ Sandtrooper to get him. He's well worth all those I sold and then some. This piece is God-like, dude. Now that you have the money saved up, I can bet it won't be long before you're owning one.

I got this guy for under retail from a local store, which is kind of crazy now considering what it goes for. Surprisingly, it was available for a while once it started shipping. With that said, this piece is awesome and the wait will be well worth it!

Back