Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm still contemplating whether to bite the bullet on him. I'm hoping that it will be on sale at some point. At such a large edition size and that price tag. I think it's possible.

This reviewer has it next to the T-800 PF for comparison and ummm it's ALOT bigger than I thought. I mean I knew it was big, but if this is supposed to be a 1/4 scale maquette and the T-800 PF 1/4 scale, well something is amiss becuase this the xenomorph in Alien was no where near this big compared to a human.. and Arnie ain't no small boy. It looks more Legendary scale or 1/3 to me... :nono

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b_E9cvvLts"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b_E9cvvLts[/ame]

So I'm still contemplating whether to bite the bullet on him. I'm hoping that it will be on sale at some point. At such a large edition size and that price tag. I think it's possible.

This reviewer has it next to the T-800 PF for comparison and ummm it's ALOT bigger than I thought. I mean I knew it was big, but if this is supposed to be a 1/4 scale maquette and the T-800 PF 1/4 scale, well something is amiss becuase this the xenomorph in Alien was no where near this big compared to a human.. and Arnie ain't no small boy. It looks more Legendary scale or 1/3 to me... :nono

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b_E9cvvLts

Waow. Very glad I pulled the trigger! Can't wait until I get mine! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b_E9cvvLts

it's defn more like 1/4.5 scale, not quite 1/3 though.

You mean 1/3.5.

Yeah, that's definitely NOT 1/4. Big Chap is supposed to be an 8' creature. That's lookin' more like 10+'. That means it's way too big even for the Predator 1 maquette, but might go nicely with the Legendary Wolf.

You mean 1/3.5.

Yeah, that's definitely NOT 1/4. Big Chap is supposed to be an 8' creature. That's lookin' more like 10+'. That means it's way too big even for the Predator 1 maquette, but might go nicely with the Legendary Wolf.

8' is 96". The Maquette is 28". Divide 28 into 96 and you get: 3.428571428571429

It's 1/3.5

I prefer the Sideshow pose. That said, I hope Sano does another one with a different pose. I'd love to own one of his pieces.

Sideshows pose is more sinister looking IMO, he looks like he is waiting for a bus in the other pose.

This and the Sano statue are my favorites at the moment - really beautifully crafted pieces!

This and the Sano statue are my favorites at the moment - really beautifully crafted pieces!

Yeah, to my taste these two are clearly the best two. I prefer the"sinister" pose of the BC. I'd love to also get the Sano one day, but I missed my shot and can't afford both at this point anyway. Maybe if they ever do a second edition or a different pose?

But if I have to choose one, the BC Maquette is the right choice for me.

Yeah, to my taste these two are clearly the best two. I prefer the"sinister" pose of the BC. I'd love to also get the Sano one day, but I missed my shot and can't afford both at this point anyway. Maybe if they ever do a second edition or a different pose?

But if I have to choose one, the BC Maquette is the right choice for me.

I bought big chap he is the best alien statue I've seen. Not because I can't get the others. I can get anyone of them but to me this is the best version with the mean stance and I love his height over the others. I know you will love this version as much as I do. :clap congrats on your choice.

I bought big chap he is the best alien statue I've seen. Not because I can't get the others. I can get anyone of them but to me this is the best version with the mean stance and I love his height over the others. I know you will love this version as much as I do. :clap congrats on your choice.

I should have mine in a few days. Can't wait

I should have mine in a few days. Can't wait

This thing is bada$$ you will love how tall this is and the pose is amazing and sinister looking. He is the best overall alien made so far in my opinion. You will love it. The only thing is to be sure to use a flashlight to inspect this dark color statue for any tiny cracks on it so that you can be able to get replacement parts before it's too late. Mine had a tiny finger crack. But lucky for me I found it and got a replacement before it was too late.

Wow! Really an amazing piece. If I sell all the stuff i am trying to sell and if the R2 and 3PO PF and Hulk maquette are not priced out of this world I just may get this. The videos on youtube are amazing.

Sideshows pose is more sinister looking IMO, he looks like he is waiting for a bus in the other pose.
lol At first I thought you meant the SS version looked like he was waiting for a bus, referring to the pose like he's checking his watch. I see what you mean on the Sano one though.

Back