Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it depends on the character being depicted. I think the alien body is really cool looking, so my vote goes with the maquette over the bust in this case.

O.k guys need a little help here. I got a little argument going on with a friend on here. Pretty much it's this: He's got the HCG 1:1 Big Chap bust. I want to get this Chap maquette. He says he rather get the bust. Does the size HCG size really make it more desirable than the maquette or would you guys for more accurate looking statue. I know will say get what you want but I want to hear YOUR GUYS OPINION.

I would never waste a dime on this thing personally. vvv :yuck
hcg-alien-bust-resculpted-before-2.jpg

I'm also getting this maquette btw. :dance

I'd go for the maquette.
Unless, you can do some serious modifications to the bust to make it look more accurate.

In regards to the HCG Bust, it IS a bit lacking straight from the factory, but if you have a little more time/money the face, tubes, lips, paint, etc. can be modded (by yours truly :D ) into a real beauty.

Classic Brown with "deluxe" mod:

AlienNLR.jpg

Or basic (no base/back tubes) in silver/black:

AlienCompleteLside.jpg

And at almost 3 1/2 feet long, it'll become the absolute centerpiece of your Alien collection... unless you have the full 1/1 statue one (and I can mod that too! :naughty )

In regards to the HCG Bust, it IS a bit lacking straight from the factory, but if you have a little more time/money the face, tubes, lips, paint, etc. can be modded (by yours truly :D ) into a real beauty.

AlienNLR.jpg

AlienCompleteLside.jpg

And at almost 3 1/2 feet long, it'll become the absolute centerpiece of your Alien collection... unless you have the full 1/1 statue one (and I can mod that too! :naughty )

well ! think SS will make Alien Bust soon will wait for that for now Big Chap Maquette:) bY the waY nice pics u can post from all angel so detailing can be seen

AlienNLR.jpg

AlienCompleteLside.jpg

Nice! Got a pic of the face? How much extra money are we talking about here?

Did you adjust the skull to where it doesn't look so crooked?

all the busts don't have crooked skulls. Such a horrible piece imo, except for the customized version Kaiju has, I don't know how anyone could feel good about paying $1k for that thing.

all the busts don't have crooked skulls. Such a horrible piece imo, except for the customized version Kaiju has, I don't know how anyone could feel good about paying $1k for that thing.
I've seen them on eBay in the past for $300-$1000..so If you can get a cheap one and have Kaijuboy fix it up, I imagine the cost would total around the price of a normal one..

I've seen them on eBay in the past for $300-$1000..so If you can get a cheap one and have Kaijuboy fix it up, I imagine the cost would total around the price of a normal one..

Don't forget that you would have to ship that huge thing back and forth about 3 times. (1 from the private seller, 1 to Kaiju, and 1 back from Kaiju) and that would cost major moolah depending on where you live. Plus who knows how the shipping company will handle the bust while they're shipping it (damages, breaks, etc.). Not worth the money and effort if you ask me.

Although, if you've already purchased this bust (dunno why anybody would though :monkey1) Kaiju's mods is a MUST, to make this thing look like the way it should. :lecture

I have dealt with Kaijuboy before and he's very trustworthy. So if anyone wants to try this "mod" then go for it. :wink1:

that's another good point. I thought about buying one and sending it to him, but shipping would have to be pretty close to $300 alone all said and done. I don't think he charges a lot for the work itself, but that's a lot just in shipping.

bY the waY nice pics u can post from all angel so detailing can be seen
Nice! Got a pic of the face? How
much extra money are we talking about here?

Check out the thread I made on the forums last year for lots more pics/info.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89334

As for pricing, it depends on what exactly you want done, PM me for details.

Such amazing work Kaijuboy! :D

Thanks Fury! :1-1:

except for the customized version Kaiju has

Well, me a few other collectors now... :wink1:

Don't forget that you would have to ship that huge thing back and forth about 3 times. (1 from the private seller, 1 to Kaiju, and 1 back from Kaiju) and that would cost major moolah depending on where you live. Plus who knows how the shipping company will handle the bust while they're shipping it (damages, breaks, etc.). Not worth the money and effort if you ask me.

Although, if you've already purchased this bust (dunno why anybody would though :monkey1) Kaiju's mods is a MUST, to make this thing look like the way it should. :lecture

I have dealt with Kaijuboy before and he's very trustworthy. So if anyone wants to try this "mod" then go for it. :wink1:

Thanks Playa! :1-1: And I recommend what Lar'ja says of trying to get one cheaper. The piece is indeed MASSIVE though (and comes in one solid piece! :eek: ), and costs about $150 to ship, so one customer just had the bust shipped directly to me in the first place and then to him, so it saved him 1 shipping charge.

I think HCG should have had my Black one as the standard and the Deluxe Brown as the EX and it would have sold like crazy. :D (although it still sold out even in its current form... :cuckoo: ).

Anyway, not to derail this thread, I'm interested in seeing how the Maquette turns out.

Last edited:
6 more days till final payment is due for those who ordered directly from SS! He should be shipping soon after that! :woo

The Sideshow website seems to be very slow/down this morning for some reason.

Back