Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freakin AWESOME pics!!

I really appreciate the pic w/ B.Chap next to the Warrior statue. That's exactly how I plan on displaying him. He really is going to be 28" tall! This is exactly what I needed to add to my Alien collection. :yess:

:exactly: :hi5:

I know this piece has its critics (pose, hands, etc.), but if the the quality control is good, this is going to be one imposing, badass maquette and a great tribute to Giger's outstanding design:rock2 The wait is killing me though:impatient:

I ordered this when Sideshow first launched the pre order. I am still coming to grips with the pose though. There's something about the pose that just looks weird to me.

But I will keep my pre order. Hope the final product is good, especially the paintwork. I am not really feeling confident with Sideshow's QC lately. :pray:

Thanks to Martin Canale
DSCN7632%20%5BDesktop%20Resolution%5D.JPG
DSCN7633%20%5BDesktop%20Resolution%5D.JPG
DSCN7636%20%5BDesktop%20Resolution%5D.JPG
DSCN7640%20%5BDesktop%20Resolution%5D.JPG
DSCN7641%20%5BDesktop%20Resolution%5D.JPG

Forgive my ignorance, but what are these pictures of? A prototype?

Forgive my ignorance, but what are these pictures of? A prototype?

these r in production sculpting pics credit goes to Martin Canale who revealed !t read info--

BY Martin canale Este Trabajo fué realizado Gracias a la Colaboración de Guillermo Barbiero, Hernan Azcarate y Martin Demonte.

This work was done thanks to the collaboration of Guillermo Barbiero, Hernan Azcarate And Martin Demonte

Muchas Gracias a Hernan Azcarate por su trabajo en el proceso del mecanizado y su Gran asistencia en el modelado digital.

Thank so much to Azcarate Hernan for his work in the Milling machining process and the digital sculpt Big assistance.
El trabajo del acabado final de las figuras fue realizado por Guillermo Barbiero y yo
The Final details and finishing work was made Between Guillermo Barbiro and Me.
BASE DEL DIORAMA / DIORAMA'S BASE : Martin Demonte

Special thanks to MK Ultra :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: Who provide me a lot of Images of his own 1/1 Alien to be used like references for our sculpt AGAIN BIG THANKS!!!
SIDESHOW'S DESCRIPTIONS:
From the original ALIEN film comes the Alien "Big Chap" Maquette, capturing the H.R. Giger creature design in stunning detail. Nicknamed the "Big Chap" on the film set for its massive size, each piece of this detailed creature design maquette is individually painted and finished, each with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles product. Craft in 1:4 scale and standing over two-feet high, the Alien "Big Chap" Maquette is an outstanding addition to any collection, the perfect centerpiece to any sci-fi display

BY Martin canale Este Trabajo fué realizado Gracias a la Colaboración de Guillermo Barbiero, Hernan Azcarate y Martin Demonte.

This work was done thanks to the collaboration of Guillermo Barbiero, Hernan Azcarate And Martin Demonte

Muchas Gracias a Hernan Azcarate por su trabajo en el proceso del mecanizado y su Gran asistencia en el modelado digital.

Thank so much to Azcarate Hernan for his work in the Milling machining process and the digital sculpt Big assistance.
El trabajo del acabado final de las figuras fue realizado por Guillermo Barbiero y yo
The Final details and finishing work was made Between Guillermo Barbiro and Me.
BASE DEL DIORAMA / DIORAMA'S BASE : Martin Demonte

Special thanks to MK Ultra :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: Who provide me a lot of Images of his own 1/1 Alien to be used like references for our sculpt AGAIN BIG THANKS!!!
SIDESHOW'S DESCRIPTIONS:
From the original ALIEN film comes the Alien "Big Chap" Maquette, capturing the H.R. Giger creature design in stunning detail. Nicknamed the "Big Chap" on the film set for its massive size, each piece of this detailed creature design maquette is individually painted and finished, each with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles product. Craft in 1:4 scale and standing over two-feet high, the Alien "Big Chap" Maquette is an outstanding addition to any collection, the perfect centerpiece to any sci-fi display.
Artists:

Martin Canale & Gore Group Studios
Hernan Azcarate
Martin Demonte
Guillermo Barbiero
Anthony Mestas
The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles

ALIEN-PF-WIP-3%20%5BDesktop%20Resolution%5D.jpg
DSCN7623%20%5BDesktop%20Resolution%5D.JPG

Holy crappola o_O It really is giant. 28 inches never looked so big compared the Warrior Maquette.. Hmmm... Is the Warrior a true 1/4 scale? Apprently this is, right?

Holy crappola o_O It really is giant. 28 inches never looked so big compared the Warrior Maquette.. Hmmm... Is the Warrior a true 1/4 scale? Apprently this is, right?

Warrior is in seating pose thats why i guess but big chap looks freakin awesome next to it. ! missed on Warrior well i guess SS will make Warrior again in 1/4 scale with different pose....

I kinda like the digital maquette better -- more like peering around than the vampiric pose...but I'm getting this anyway...

I think it's the "pinky" Thumb that makes the hands look orlock-y -- because it's opposable (unlike the actor's pinkies in the creature gloves)

Other than that I' love it...and it looks great in person --- don't really notice the fingers -- doesn't look bad in person...

O.k guys need a little help here. I got a little argument going on with a friend on here. Pretty much it's this: He's got the HCG 1:1 Big Chap bust. I want to get this Chap maquette. He says he rather get the bust. Does the size HCG size really make it more desirable than the maquette or would you guys for more accurate looking statue. I know will say get what you want but I want to hear YOUR GUYS OPINION.

Last edited:
O.k guys need a little help here. I got a little argument going on with a friend on here. Pretty much it's this: He's got the HCG 1:1 Big Chap bust. I want to get this Chap maquette. He says he rather get the bust. Does the size HCG size really make it more desirable than the maquette or would you guys for more accurate looking statue. I know will say get what you want but I want to here YOUR GUYS OPINION.

Firstly, I prefer a full bodied alien as long as it's relativiely accurate--there's so much more to the character in addition to the head that's beautifully designed
...secondly the 1:1 lifesize bust references one of the suits which I personally do not prefer--I like the suits that most resemble the original sculpture, though I like some details of the screen suits like the wrist ribbing, because I associate it with memories of watching the film and the old school Kenner Alien... I'm getting the maquette.

Size can be a plus-- but it's the same reason I skipped the 1/3 Roswell bust, in hopes they'd make a full bodies alien which they did albeit in a smaller scale 1/5

I will add that I do have the 1/2 scale HCG Alien head - the Giger signed one b/c that one has the profile I associate most with the alien...

Last edited:
Whole body maquette is my choice. More complete in my eyes.
I feel this way about others aswell, as long as the HS is a win.
Prefer PF's / maquettes any day over busts

Back